Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

The COMPREHENSIVE thread on NST (NonStopTuning) Pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

As I said, I have used NST since the beginning of time *LOL* I may have a pic of an even older solid disk one from before scionlife even existed *LOL*!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NST & GARAGE1217 FTW
Old 04-16-2009, 04:05 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

just got my 3-pulley set today after ordering it sunday, quality-looking product, and damned-fast delivery.

a bit of clarification is needed on belt sizes though, IE what belt for each possible combination of pulleys (only crank, crank+alt, crank+alt+WP, only alt, only WP, alt+WP, crank+WP).

i have a feeling people tend to get pretty ____ed off when they have their car taken apart only to find out a part they need, they dont have.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THE ONLY PULLEY THAT REQUIRES A BELT CHANGE is the Underdrive Crank Pulley. We list the proper belt number on our website. The rest of the pulleys do not require a belt change. Any pulley combination that uses the Underdrive Crank Pulley requires the use of the belt number we list for the Underdrive Crank Pulley.

Underdrive Crank Pulley (any combination using this pulley) requires the use of a new belt.

Overdrive Alternator Pulley does not require a belt change.

WP-Lite Water Pump Pulley does not require a belt change.

I'm not sure how many ways or how many times I can repeat this same info. Please use our website to pull the correct belt number, order the belt listed from our website, call us during business hours, or look for me on AIM at the screen name "NSTonAIM" if you need further clarification.

The belt situation is very very simple... Not sure why people make such a fuss about it...

Thanks again guys, good luck and have fun with all your projects!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NonStopTuning
THE ONLY PULLEY THAT REQUIRES A BELT CHANGE is the Underdrive Crank Pulley. We list the proper belt number on our website. The rest of the pulleys do not require a belt change. Any pulley combination that uses the Underdrive Crank Pulley requires the use of the belt number we list for the Underdrive Crank Pulley.

Underdrive Crank Pulley (any combination using this pulley) requires the use of a new belt.

Overdrive Alternator Pulley does not require a belt change.

WP-Lite Water Pump Pulley does not require a belt change.

I'm not sure how many ways or how many times I can repeat this same info. Please use our website to pull the correct belt number, order the belt listed from our website, call us during business hours, or look for me on AIM at the screen name "NSTonAIM" if you need further clarification.

The belt situation is very very simple... Not sure why people make such a fuss about it...

Thanks again guys, good luck and have fun with all your projects!

That's what I ordered with my pulley set. Looking forward to getting them soon.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the info. I've read a lot of posts online about how the harmonics can destroy an engine (some other forum had a bunch of posts regarding that), but their "data" was never objective, only subjective and anecdotal evidence of engines with lightweight or underdrive pulleys having problems.

Folks need to understand that correlation does not equal causation. Otherwise we could solve the financial issues in the US by selling more turkey.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:13 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well as per my luck, here i am at 1am, i have to be at work in 6 hours, im exhausted, my car is apart, and the belt you recommended doesnt fit. '07 k060735

UPDATE:

put the stock pulley and belt back on at 2am so i could get to work. got a k060747 belt and went back at it... long story short, k060747 is too long for the alt+crank pulleys, and the k060735 is the perfect size (for the smaller crank and alt pulleys). without the smaller alt pulley, it will not work (from my experience)

all that taken into consideration, i reiterate my statement that the belt fitment issue needs to be addressed. i'll be tackling the water pump pulley next weekend weather permitting, and hope i dont run into any issues.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

So whats better for a N/A TC? CR-Lite Crank Pulley or Underdrive Crank Pulley. What is superior. My bestfriend is a little skeptical of underdrive pulleys. So im just trying to get another opinion. Thanks
Old 04-28-2009, 04:30 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by KillaSpiceTSW
So whats better for a N/A TC? CR-Lite Crank Pulley or Underdrive Crank Pulley. What is superior. My bestfriend is a little skeptical of underdrive pulleys. So im just trying to get another opinion. Thanks
my understanding is that the CR-Lite is best for SC applications since you dont want to underdrive the SC, and the underdrive is best for N/A. if you have a power-hungry sound system you should also add the 20% overdrive alternator pulley to compensate.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thanks koontz. Were all power hungry fools :D
Old 04-30-2009, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

So, if i buy the underdrive crank and the 20% alt & wp lite kit for an N/A setup, what if i want to turbo or s/c at a later time? Do i just replace the underdrive crank w/ the CR lite pulley?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I've had my pulleys on for about a year now and have driven around 20k miles with them. I got the underdrive crank and the overdrive alternator and waterpump lite. I love them and have had zero problems. Great product and you can feel a difference after you install them.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
SL Member

Just ordered

NST02020
20% Underdrive Crank Pulley

and

K060735
Belt For Underdrive Crank

...Was this the correct pairing for a '07 tC?

...When will this ship?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:46 PM
SL Member

Can someone explain this to me? Thanks!

Lower ET's & higher trap speeds
- Average of .20s & average of 2MPH
Old 05-05-2009, 12:05 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

(guessing here)

ET = end time = 1/4mi time
trap speed = speed you're going at 100'

higher trap speed means getting off to a good start. ET is the end-all as to who won the race (theyre both drag racing terms)
Old 05-06-2009, 05:58 PM
SL Member

Just ordered

NST02020
20% Underdrive Crank Pulley

and

K060735
Belt For Underdrive Crank

...Was this the correct pairing for a '07 tC?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:15 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

chrislilja - from my experience, no. the 735 belt didn't work for me with just the underdrive crank pulley, but it fit with the underdrive crank and overdrive alternator pulleys.

it seems to be a touchy issue... if i were you i'd give it a shot with the 735 and new pulley, and if it doesnt work just toss the stock one back on, and get a SLIGHTLY bigger belt.

but from my experience, the 735 was obviously not going to fit with just the underdrive CP
Old 05-07-2009, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so what if you also have poly mounts? will this be a problem if i were to add the pulleys? cause the mounts do add a bit to the engine vibration.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how come you dont offer a underdrive kit like you do for the civic si's on your site?
Old 05-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by charlie07tc
so what if you also have poly mounts? will this be a problem if i were to add the pulleys? cause the mounts do add a bit to the engine vibration.
No, this will not be a problem. You will notice quicker acceleration, better throttle response, and better MPG.

Quick Reply: The COMPREHENSIVE thread on NST (NonStopTuning) Pulleys