Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Does this happen to anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 03:01 AM

Default Does this happen to anyone?

Whats up everyone I am new to this forum and have a question. The question is, does anyones Cold Air Intake rattle when idling?I have a Fujita CAI. It also rattles when I let the car idle along in first gear. (<--- if that makes sense) I checked all the bolts and rubber silence connections and everything seems sturdy. I also had to put several layers of duct tape around the Intake piping where it enters the fender well. (good ole engineering) The reason for this is I see where the pipe has scratched against the fender well opening. I know the engine flexes from acceleration and hard revving. But, I am curious if this is just a bad install on my part or else. I hope someone has fixed this or knows of a way to lessen the vibration. Would a torque damper help this any? Comments/Suggestions
Old 11-01-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Go to doctorisotope.com and order his fender panel. It will fix the rattle.

Check to see if the actual bracket on the motor mount is not broken off the mount. Other CAIs do this a lot.. it is just stupid for them to mount this way, but unfortunately is how most do. Causes the CAI to move more and rattle more.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

fujita's mount is pretty sturdy and it doesnt mount like the injen. it shouldnt break.. but yeah, just get doc i's panel and you'll be set.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:03 AM

Sounds good. I just saw some posts about this Doc isotope. (if I spelled correctly) I think I may order his short throw shifter. So this fender panel should solve the prob? Thats awesome. On a side note, have either of you taken the fog light panel off of the front bumper (its directly in front of were the filter is) and noticed an slight increase in power? I dunno for sure but it certainly feels like it. colder air = more HP...
Old 11-01-2007, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ynot only should you check the bracket but check the bottom of your intake pipe, hopefully it didnt rattle too much and you dont have a hole down there
Old 11-02-2007, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the fender panel really does the work it's supposed to do. very good investment since i've had my injen cai for over half a year and its mount is still solid and healthy. no rattling for me.