Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Dry Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member

Default Dry Nitrous

I have read enough and asked plenty of questions to the professionals, however now I want to talk to those of you who have ACTUALLY installed a nitrous kit, use it on the street / track, and are doing this on stock internals.

I keep hearing from other scion tc people (not in this forum) that our ECU will not work with a dry kit because it is not adaptable... which does not make sense.

Secondly, with a dry kit, you can use the fuel rail shrader valve.... to place the adapter which carries fuel to the controller... (I have this a bit backwards, but those who have actually installed a dry kit 'zex' will know what I am talking about.) The ZEX dry kit utilizes the car's ecu and fuel pressure regulator to pressureize and pour fuel into the car via injectors based on the ecu reading that high volume of air (from nirtous, and WOT).

anyway, like I said, those of you who have actually installed and use nitrous (zex brand prefered) I just want to get some clarification.

Thanks in adv.

This last part is open to anyone... Is there a particular reason why our cars rev so high when we first start them? Seems a bit high (2k some times a little more) until the car warms up... 2006 Scion Tc 210k miles.