Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

DynoTune Nitrous Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DynoTune Nitrous Kit

any1 have expierence with Dynotunes nitrous kits:
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idProduct=100

i would then get there TPS/Window switch too:
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idProduct=194

how is their solonoids though? any good?
Old 06-20-2009, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

I haven't personally used dynotunes kit, but I have actually heard good things. I hear they're a better setup than Zex (higher quality parts/ built better)
Old 06-20-2009, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive used their TPS window switch and i liked it.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm yeah i here good things about their TPS switch...but never heard anything bout their nitrous kit...like i dont want their solonoids to fail on me like i heard Zex kits do
Old 06-20-2009, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wanna make sure i understand something with nitrous...

you can have your nitrous where you actually have to press your button to spray... but am i correct in believing that with that window switch you can set your nitrous to automatically spray a little bit in whichever gear you want?

in other words, instead of just spraying yourself at WOT, you can have it set to where it sprays a little bit in each gear on its own giving you a little more constant steady hp ??
Old 06-20-2009, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Yes, a window switch works by only letting nitrous spray when you are in a specific gear and within a certain RPM.

you can set it to spray between 3000 RPM and 6000RPM, and only in third gear and up. That way, you flip the switch to engage it, when you get on it within both of the restrictions you set, it will spray. Its a really nice safety feature so you don't have worry about hitting your rev limiter, nor running too low
Old 06-21-2009, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that is cool.... i wonder how that would work with daily driving lol... put it between 2nd and 3rd and ur constantly goin crazy in town haha, you'll porbably run out of your nitrous pretty fast but o well lol....

does it work with auto trans?
Old 06-21-2009, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any1 else have any opinions on this kit? if i dont get the TPS switch right away, where would i mount the micro WOT switch?
Old 06-21-2009, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by krazyjvilled
wow that is cool.... i wonder how that would work with daily driving lol... put it between 2nd and 3rd and ur constantly goin crazy in town haha, you'll porbably run out of your nitrous pretty fast but o well lol....

does it work with auto trans?
yes, it works with an automatic. and yes, if you had it running freely daily driving, you would be out within a day.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:59 PM

ok imma buy my kit tommorow....but here is my final question...

should i get this dynotune kit, or should i get the Zex kit???? the zex kit features something like "Active Fuel Control™ monitors bottle pressure & adds or subtracts enrichment fuel for maximum engine safety & power"...is that just marketing or is it something it actually does?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by hvtopiwala
ok imma buy my kit tommorow....but here is my final question...

should i get this dynotune kit, or should i get the Zex kit???? the zex kit features something like "Active Fuel Control™ monitors bottle pressure & adds or subtracts enrichment fuel for maximum engine safety & power"...is that just marketing or is it something it actually does?
You should look into Ny-trex as well. I would only buy Ny-trex, Dynotune and NX.

If you can help it, don't buy the Zex kit but you will want to buy the Zex tC fuel line so you don't have to tap into your stock fuel line. Let me know if you need the part number.

You should look into the Dynotune RPM TPS/Window Switch. You'll need a bottle heater and depending on your bottle location a remote bottle opener.

I had nitrous, loved the juice but hated the refills. Make sure you have a refill station near you and see how much they charge per lb.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member

they have really good kits the guys is really nice if u need somthing we will help in any way
Old 06-22-2009, 10:11 PM

aite...yeh ima get the Zex tC fuel line tap,...i didnt wanna get the ny-trex kit cuz honestly if im dropping $600ish on a kit, it should atleast come with a TPS swich...dynotune was giving me the best price i think....

the bottle will be located in my hatch, is it bad to leave the bottle open aslong as i purge it b4 i use it everytime?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 PM

my local parts shop is quoting me this kit:
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=715

for $455...good deal?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I personally don't like that kit.

You get what you pay for, I know its cliche but its true. I got the Ny-trex Triple Threat Kit, that retails for $1000, for $400 brand new. It was quite the steal. I don't know of any kit that came with as many safety precautions and purge solenoid all together. the only thing I added was that dynotune 2 stage RPM TPS since it was programmable and I never had to worry about it.

Don't skimp when it comes to price; just look around and compose a list. It's not always about what you get in a kit but rather you get what's most useful in the kit and not a bunch of BS you won't even use.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 PM

oh ok, any specific reason u dont like that kit?

where can iget a nytrex triple for $400
Old 06-22-2009, 10:57 PM

also, how did the TPS wire up to the ny-trex kit? i thought the nytrex kit used like plugs and ____ for hteir solonoids to make eeryhting easy to hook up...or did u just splice into it?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

There are a few Ny-trex vendors here that can probably work out a deal for you.

Try to PM SickleCell I know on his website http://stancemotorsports.com he has the Ny-trex Triple threat kit for $600 which is still $400 less than retail but just ee if he can do anything else for you.

The Dynotune RPM TPS that I got was a 2 stage even though I only used 1. It has a lot of features and what it did was, this is how I had it wired, it would come on when I flipped my arming switch. So that's the first condition it had to meet. It would only fire at WOT, 2nd condition. It would only fire when i'm at or above 3000 RPM and would stop at 5500 RPM, it also would not fire in 1st gear so first gear lockout. It was wired into my relay that I used for arming as well as to the factory TPS wire which then is programmed into the Dynotune unit. It was clean so it knew when you were at WOT because of the TPS, it monitored RPM so it knew when I was at or above target range, it monitored your tach so it knew when you were out of 1st.

It was an awesome device, I think Dynotune sold it for about $150 or so but I bought mine off craigslist for $70. It was an absolute must have. I got rid of that mechanical WOT switch so its something you don't have to worry about mounting or failing if the mount gets bent.

After I had mine all programmed, I tucked it behind the carpet so it was never even seen.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:10 PM

oh ok...so it works with the ny-trex kit?

yeh i msgd Joe, but i lost his # (used to be in scikotics with him), so ill see what he can do for me..any particular reason u dont like that NX kit?

whats the difference between the 1 stage and 2 stage TPS switch from dynotune?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by hvtopiwala
oh ok...so it works with the ny-trex kit?

yeh i msgd Joe, but i lost his # (used to be in scikotics with him), so ill see what he can do for me..any particular reason u dont like that NX kit?

whats the difference between the 1 stage and 2 stage TPS switch from dynotune?
Yes, it works with the Ny-trex kit. Just about all nitrous kits work the same, its the component quality and build quality that differs across the board.

That particular NX kit will work but it lacks purge so when you spray initially you will be spraying all air until the nitrous comes through the line. I'm sure you can add in a purge solenoid and all the wiring required for it and it will cost at least an additional $200 from NX in which case you should have gotten the Ny-trex kit.

A lot of people think of purge as just a way of showing off, it does do that, but it does offer some benefit besides spraying a 500 shot in the air. You use it sparingly and you don't HOLD down the purge button, you hit it just a little to let the air out the line.

Single stage is what you'll most likely want, it has the ability to setup 1 rpm range as opposed to the dual stage which you can select 2 ranges. Either will work just fine, I just so happened to go with the dual but I never used the 2nd channel so i was used the same as a single.

Quick Reply: DynoTune Nitrous Kit