Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ECU questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ECU questions

Does anyone do reflash on the ecu for bolt ons? Anyone running any control units that have inputs if they are worth buying, ie comcon, emanage, unichip? If so which control units and what will they control ie ignition timing, fuel curv, and vvti (I am aware most will do ignition and fuel curvs)? If anyone has similar mods running a control unit what is the gain from it? My mods are at the bottom in my signature block. Thanks for the help
Old 12-14-2005, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

A Good Tune will almost always result in more HP with an engine managment setup....

There are a few threads of camcon users and emanage users floating around... I'd search a bit to see if you can find what you are looking for...

Rest assured that you'll not only have to fork out the cash for the engine management unit, but also for the neccesary dyno time to tune it out...

I'd also suggest A/F guages and such to ensure your tune doesn't run the engine too lean or rich....

Cost wise, it's best to wait until you do some larger mods to get the most out of a managment setup... FI - P&P Head/Pistons/Intake Manifold...
Old 12-16-2005, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

a lot of your tune will depend on how far you want to go with the car. If you are looking to do heavy duty mods, i would suggest going with a full E manage unit. If youre going to be doing your basic bolt-ons, then im going to say the camcon is more than enough to tune your engine, but emanage can still be used.

a good tune will not only unleash your engines potential, it will save your engines behind!
Old 12-16-2005, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wait until a real EMS comes out. Piggybacks are OK....but that's about it. A true stand-alone will be much better. But cost becomes an issue as well.

- Dante
Old 12-16-2005, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought that piggybacks are having problems on the tC because the ECU tries to correct what you change?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would say a reflash when a company decides to start doing them will be the best easiest and probly cheapest option unless your going all out with a completely rebuilt engine or some sort of F/I you wont need a stand alone