Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Evo II exhaust and headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Evo II exhaust and headers

As of now I have the TRD axelback on there with the TRD supercharger under the hood. Im thinking about getting a full headers back exhaust system with the Greddy EVO II. What kind of horsepower can I expect with a full exhaust system? And what is the best set up to use as far as headers and pipes?
Old 12-16-2007, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

at most, about 15 whp.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a guy on here did a a kinda-full exhaust setup.. i dont think he had a aftermarket midpipe, but he got about 170 whp with a intake. mmw makes a decent header/s-pipe combo, and then you could just get a cat-back like ark or agency power, which might give you a bit more, but will run you about 1000 bucks.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like my setup after a lot of trial and error. I would suggest a more restrictive aftermarket header. I had a DC sports header with a full exhaust and it sounded really bad. Also, with a more restrictive header you will get more torque response from the SC due to increase exhaust pressure and you will get a better sound. You have got to keep in mind, the tC is a 4-cylinder, so don't expect too much.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:06 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Avodka14
I like my setup after a lot of trial and error. I would suggest a more restrictive aftermarket header. I had a DC sports header with a full exhaust and it sounded really bad. Also, with a more restrictive header you will get more torque response from the SC due to increase exhaust pressure and you will get a better sound. You have got to keep in mind, the tC is a 4-cylinder, so don't expect too much.

Not to be a dousche or nothin, but to those who say DONT expect much from the tC has NO idea what it is capable of. first of all, the reason it sounded really bad is when you install an aftermarket header on the tC youll get bad rasp which must be compensated with bigger resonator/s. That will put a clean sound throughout the entire RPM line. Second of all, If you think the tC has no potential, talk to Chris Rado (Driver of world racing drag/time attack Scion team) and have him tell you not to expect much from the tC.

Now to answer your question about what hp you should expect with the setup your looking into, you will see around 15-20 whp increase. It will vary because every motor takes a little differently to mods.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First of all, I said don't expect much because it will not sound like a 6 cylinder like the Z car. Second, you will not get 15-20 hp from just an exhaust setup. You might be thinkin about another car my friend,
Old 03-04-2008, 09:30 PM
SL Member

First of all, I said don't expect much because it will not sound like a 6 cylinder like the Z car. Second, you will not get 15-20 hp from just an exhaust setup. You might be thinkin about another car my friend,

He is talking about full header back. Header+S-pipe+ Catback will give you 15 whp+. Plus just because it doesnt SOUND like a 6 cyl+ doesnt mean you cant make it as fast because if that is what your saying that is incorrect
Old 03-04-2008, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with you yet if you have about 10K dollars then yes I would agree, the care could be fast. Otherwise an exhaust and intake will just make you be heard with a little power added. I have the supercharger and was not impressed. I do like the tC, it has been dependable and I will back it up all day. Yet the real power is in the next class of cars like a V8 or high performance V6 from the factory.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
SL Member

I agree with you yet if you have about 10K dollars then yes I would agree, the care could be fast. Otherwise an exhaust and intake will just make you be heard with a little power added. I have the supercharger and was not impressed. I do like the tC, it has been dependable and I will back it up all day. Yet the real power is in the next class of cars like a V8 or high performance V6 from the factory.
You make a great point but think of it this way. Lets look at a V6 sports car...first two that come to my mind merely because I am in love with them are the 350Z and the G35 (which both are essentially the same cars lol). Your paying what...28 grand plus tax? Ok great that gets you a stock V6. The tC is 17620+tax. That leaves a 10 grand margin...theres your 10 grand you need ...now if you wanna get technical I amsure there are cheap V6 cars out there...but they are old...
Old 03-04-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

^Yea but your missing a major point. With that extra ten grand your driving a Z or a G35 And yea, you can make a tC much faster than a Z with ten grand, but say bye bye to your warranty.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:54 PM
SL Member

awww screw warranty lol. if you are worried about warranty you arent TRUELY into slamming cars
Old 03-05-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

header back exhaust will not give you more than 15 Wheel horse power or even at the crank. I have everything except headers and its around 5 with an intake. Its a 4 cylinder and it doesnt respond well to bolt ons like say an si or a rsx-s does. If you want real power, go FI. If not, dont expect more than 15 horses with bolt ons
Old 03-05-2008, 07:05 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlckdOutTC
header back exhaust will not give you more than 15 Wheel horse power or even at the crank. I have everything except headers and its around 5 with an intake. Its a 4 cylinder and it doesnt respond well to bolt ons like say an si or a rsx-s does. If you want real power, go FI. If not, dont expect more than 15 horses with bolt ons

bro I am full headers back...deleted cats and intake And I dynoed 23 more hp at the WHEEL than stock (went from 141 whp-164 whp)
Old 03-05-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

were u in the mountains on race gas with a fan in front of the car?
Old 03-05-2008, 09:09 PM
SL Member

lawwwwwwwwl

Bro its not hard to believe a 23 hp gain with i/h/s-p/e + no cats
Old 03-08-2008, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awww screw warranty lol. if you are worried about warranty you arent TRUELY into slamming cars

^^^^^i love that, haha

since you claim to get 15whp with the header back system...how would the mmw compare to your headers?
Old 03-08-2008, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

15 to the motor maybe
Old 03-08-2008, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i know, but i was just wondering if the mmw would give you the most gains out of the other header/ s pipes out there
Old 03-08-2008, 09:46 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Drummer829
well i know, but i was just wondering if the mmw would give you the most gains out of the other header/ s pipes out there

Headers alone without the s-pipe will probably give you 8-9 hp gain. The s-pipe will do probably another 4 hp
Old 03-08-2008, 09:51 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlckdOutTC
15 to the motor maybe

Tell that to my Dyno bro.

Quick Reply: Evo II exhaust and headers