Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member

Default exhaust

once again do not own TC yet if ya didnt already know.. since im loooking into a TC i was doign that build it now thing on the scion website and noted the axle back exhaust.. not seeign any real description of it, is it mearly for sound/ look or does it provide a small performace gain, also would it even b worth getting from factory/ dealer rather then aftermarket??? if anyoen has sound clips of the stock exhaust compared to teh TRD exhaust offered from dealer id love to here it.

note i tryed searching for a similar topic but i think i jsut suck and think im doing something wrong lol so sorry if its a repeat, im jsut a silly boy lookign for a new toy and wants to do it all right the first time.... cause driving lights for $4something. shiiiz i can get a decent set of PIAA for half that.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just buy the dang car! j/k. The exhaust gives very minimal power, but it sounds awesome. There is a sound clip link somewhere the site. I got mine from the dealer, but many will suggest going to mcgeorges(sp?) or some other site. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member

Heres a link to a forum discussing the different sounds of exhaust, with a few clips of how they sound https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=exhaust+clips

Anyways, the Trd exhaust is not really worth from the dealer because its a bolt on and paying the dealer 100-200 for less then 1hr of work is pointless. Unless you don't feel like wasting the time heh~
Old 08-12-2005, 11:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here are some useful links to help you decide
TRD:
1. Poll with Vid
2. Vid
Others:
1. Various Clips
2. Apexi
3. ZPI

I hope this helps. In the end it's all up to you.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member

kew shiz.. liek i said i tried searching for previous exhaust post but i couldnt figure out how to use this silly search thing LOL. all good thanx a bunch. in the end searching for the right exhaust sound might b annoying casue alot of em sound like lawnmowers