Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Faint buzzing sound coming from the engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Faint buzzing sound coming from the engine bay

Hey guys just wanted your input on what the problem might be coming from the engine bay. It's a '06 chassis but I blew the original motor so I had to swap it out with an '07 one. The first day I got it back it was running fine but once I left it overnight, it won't start back up. It just makes the clicking noise that it doesn't even sound like it was turning over.

I checked with most of the connections and they seem ok, also I went to an autoshop and did a electrical diagnostic and they told me that the power to the alternator is fine but the starter voltage is lower than usual. I had a feeling that something isn't grounding properly or some wire isn't hooked up right. But then I listened closely in the engine bay and I hear this faint buzzing noise coming from the back near the spark plugs. I then disconnected the wire that was hooked up to the throttle position sensor and the sound went away. So my theory is that the throttle postion sensor went bad and its drawing out alot of current enough to make the car not start. Also its been idling really badly, and I can smell the unburnt fuel coming out, which also leads me that it could be the throttle sensor thats going out. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

see if the tranny is grounded.