Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Good quality universal hi-flow and regulat Catellytic Converters???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Question Good quality universal hi-flow and regulat Catellytic Converters???

I've been on the market for some time now but can't seem to find decent companies that make good hi-flow and regular cats for universal fitment. I plan on having a custom mid pipe done w/resonator and I will have some kind of cat on there (there's no question about it). I just need one that will last a long time and help pass emissions. If anyone has a custom setup with cats on them and want to chim in on their opinions/experiences, please post here.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What you want to look for is the 200 cpi (cell per inch) converters on the market. I know magnaflow sells a few models, noted by an "M" at the end of the part number, which stand for a 200cpi metal substrate such as this one: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-91006m/overview/

Do not get the ones that end in "HM" those are not "high-flow".
Old 06-12-2017, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbsciontc
What you want to look for is the 200 cpi (cell per inch) converters on the market. I know magnaflow sells a few models, noted by an "M" at the end of the part number, which stand for a 200cpi metal substrate such as this one: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-91006m/overview/

Do not get the ones that end in "HM" those are not "high-flow".
Good to know. Do you know if they sell these for 2.25" piping size because I plan on getting my midpipe done in that size? All I can seem to find is for 2.5" applications.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Since I have an aftermarket header on now and it removes the primary cat, is there some kind of universal cat that will work alone on an OBD2 emissions test? No one can seem to provide an answer as most people are unaware themselves. I will be getting a custom mid-pipe done in the near future but would like to retain some kind of catalytic converter to not only help reduce rasp from the 4-2-1 header but to also try to be emissions legal.