Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

header collector question

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default header collector question

hey i have a question about the race headers made for the tc. I have tried to do a search but havent had any luck... which header made for the tc has a collector output of 2.5"?? I am gonna purchase the CC s-pipe and a zpi catback and i want a header thats gonna keep my exhaust 2.5" with no restrictions. Thank you
Old 11-28-2005, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I believe that most of the headers out there for the tC are about the same size, but the one outputting the most HP is the MMW header, its really nice if you can afford the $800 dollar price tag.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WHy are you getting the cc spipe instead of the zpi one? just wondering cuz i have the alphawerks header and im looking into exhausts and s-pipes as well.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gwtc
I believe that most of the headers out there for the tC are about the same size, but the one outputting the most HP is the MMW header, its really nice if you can afford the $800 dollar price tag.
* Most misquoted stat ever *

MMW with it's included S pipe put out more than other headers with no S pipe.

Comparing apples to apples MMW is pretty much the same and still expensive.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Limey
* Most misquoted stat ever *

MMW with it's included S pipe put out more than other headers with no S pipe.

Comparing apples to apples MMW is pretty much the same and still expensive.
Well you know what I ment, I know it includes the s-pipe, you can't buy it alone can you? so when I said the MMW header outputs the most HP I was talking about the complete unit(s-pipe included) if you want to get technical, who knows, maybe theres another header out there that can get really nice gains along with an s-pipe, haven't seen any dynos of any other header s-pipe combo out there yet, if you have please share it with me, thanks.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well you know what I ment, I know it includes the s-pipe, you can't buy it alone can you? so when I said the MMW header outputs the most HP I was talking about the complete unit(s-pipe included)
But he's already stated he's buying anb s pipe, so that levels the playing field.

I've seen Dynos on here with header & s that exceeed the MMW one. Don't keep bookmarks of threads so i can't post a link for reference.

It's like saying my intake that costs $3500 has the best gains when compared to other intakes, the fact that it includes a turbo setup is not relevant becuase I only sell my intake that way, so it's the best and well worth the extra money.

Apples <--> Apples

Thats all I ask.[/b]
Old 11-29-2005, 12:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well you know what I ment, I know it includes the s-pipe, you can't buy it alone can you? so when I said the MMW header outputs the most HP I was talking about the complete unit(s-pipe included)
But he's already stated he's buying anb s pipe, so that levels the playing field.

I've seen Dynos on here with header & s that exceeed the MMW one. Don't keep bookmarks of threads so i can't post a link for reference.

It's like saying my intake that costs $3500 has the best gains when compared to other intakes, the fact that it includes a turbo setup is not relevant becuase I only sell my intake that way, so it's the best and well worth the extra money.

Apples <--> Apples

Thats all I ask.[/b]
The MMW Header collects at 2.5" .

And i would like to see a header and S-pipe dyno that makes more power than the MMW. To this date i have never seen any header beat ours on the TC.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by monstermotorworks
And i would like to see a header and S-pipe dyno that makes more power than the MMW. To this date i have never seen any header beat ours on the TC.
Do you have an independant dyno result from just your header/s pipe combo to back that up ?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We did dyno's up against Stock without anything else added to our header, right there you can see what our header does.

Also we are sending a header to GSC for their own test.

And still you havent been able to show me a header test which shows more power, to back up your statement.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And still you havent been able to show me a header test which shows more power, to back up your statement.
A: Compared to what ?
B: I'm not selling anything, I don't really need to back up my statement, I have no agenda, I just like apple to apple comparisons.

I welcome the GSC tests, they are doing good things.

And turst me if the MMW is shown in an apple-apple comparison to be the best, I'll be all over that.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey monster,

Does your header happen to throw a cell???
Old 11-29-2005, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan
Hey monster,

Does your header happen to throw a cell???
Every header out there will throw a CEL, because they remove the cat from the exhaust system.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes it does..
We have CEL Problems like everyone else.
Only thing different is were doing something about it.
We already are testing a part to get rid of the CEL light.
Do a search, it will show up.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: header collector question

Originally Posted by 06fmtc
hey i have a question about the race headers made for the tc. I have tried to do a search but havent had any luck... which header made for the tc has a collector output of 2.5"?? I am gonna purchase the CC s-pipe and a zpi catback and i want a header thats gonna keep my exhaust 2.5" with no restrictions. Thank you
I have gone this route and I'm very happy so far. I have:
WR Intake - $200
Megan Header - $200
CC Spipe - $150
Megan cat back - $340

I had a greddy axleback, but when I changed the exhaust to 2.5 straight through the car really woke up. Realize that your car will be "Very Loud." I added a high flow cat and resonator to my Megan cat back and the sound is much better now. I am very happy with the set-up except for the WR intake which I personally think is garbage. I will soon change it over to the Injen. First, I'm waiting for the GSC dyno test on the WR intake.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry i guess that was a vague question....i know that they all throw cells and i have seen the new thing you are working on....question...will it be included in the header package and how is the testing coming along???
Old 11-29-2005, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Testing is going great.
2nd week and no CEL Light.

Why do you think the intake is garbage?
I would like to know what is it that makes Injen better?
Old 11-29-2005, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do you think the intake is garbage?
The hole for the MAF is too large in mine causing the car to stall. I temporarily rigged it with a much larger o-ring, but I don't like to band aid. Seems like it is right in line with the Injen though as far as power according to the GSC intake test. It did lose a lot of low end compared to Injen.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks alot for the replies, i think i have found the setup im gonna use

1. injen cold air intake
2. alphawerks header
3. zpi headerback exhaust

zpi state that the exhaust has enough sound suppression for an aftermarket header so it should sound nice.. has anybody fooled around with this setup?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06fmtc
thanks alot for the replies, i think i have found the setup im gonna use

1. injen cold air intake
2. alphawerks header
3. zpi headerback exhaust

zpi state that the exhaust has enough sound suppression for an aftermarket header so it should sound nice.. has anybody fooled around with this setup?
Sounds like a good plan. I would count on having to add a resonator to the ZPI exhaust if I were you. It's going to be really loud! Magnaflow part# 14416, they are about $60 shipped. It cost me $30 for the local exhaust shop to weld one in.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Apples <--> Apples

Thats all I ask.[/b]
I would really like to see that dyno, if somebody can dig that up, that be great, I see your point, but now you're comparing an intake that's included with a turbo and an s-pipe that's included with a header, I'm really curious to see what GSC will show on their dyno. By the way, thanks for the info Limey, hope you don't think that I was trying to contridict you or anything, just trying to understand your point of view, thanks .

Quick Reply: header collector question