HELP PLEASE! Stalling Problem! - Scionlife.com

Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Old 09-04-2017, 11:45 PM   #1

Default HELP PLEASE! Stalling Problem!

Hey guys, My name is Josh and well I have 2005 Scion tC and can't seem to figure out what the problem is. It idles fine but as soon as I hit the gas it bogs down and stalls out. Sometimes in neutral I can get it to about 4000 RPM but most of the time it stalls out around 2000 RPM. But if I put in gear it stalls almost immediately. I have replaced my fuel pump, cam shaft position sensor, it has new spark plugs, it has plenty of gas in the tank and just recently had the engine rebuilt. I also just re did the wiring for the ignition coils. I am not sure what it could be causing this, everything I thought it might be I have either tested or replaced. So if anyone has any ideas of what it could be or what I can do or check to fix this please let me know. Here is a couple videos of the car and what it does. Anything helps. Thanks.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-05-2017 at 12:05 AM. Reason: typo
JoshEhlers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:13 PM   #2

I had a car that we were wiring a standalone and DBW (drive by wire) setup into do this. The drive by wire was out of range and would go into protection mode. Unfortunately this was on a totally different car so I don't have any wiring diagrams or info that will relate to your car. You might check your MAF sensor also, if it has a spot that's out of range it can shut you down too.
Y2KG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:01 AM   #3

Found out that the first and fourth cylinder are not firing any one have any ideas on how to fix that?
JoshEhlers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #4

You said that you rewired the ignition coils. Was there wiring problems with the car? I would check the whole harness or grab one off a junkyard car.
Y2KG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:15 AM   #5
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

I was gonna say that it sounds like you are on 3 cylinders. Try swapping the coils with cylinder 3 and see if the problem switches to that cylinder. If it does, then you have a bad coil. If it is still cylinder 4 with the problem, it is either your wiring to the coil or a stuck injector.
bbsciontc is offline   Reply With Quote