Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

K&N CAI Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default K&N CAI Installation Question

I've had my K&N CAI installed for about 2-3 months without any problems but I noticed that I don't have it installed correctly..

Please deal with my crappy wording.. It's going to be hard to explain but the part I'm talking about has a green pressure valve on it (I'm not sure what it's used for), there is a small bracket on the K&N intake that supports this ... device (whatever it is)..

I'm not sure where the installation instructions are, but they weren't very clear on how to mount that on the intake correctly. I think I may have lost a bolt or something but right now I just have the piece of plastic sitting in the bracket not being held in at all.

I noticed on the injen CAI there is a small round hole that you can push the black piece through so it stays in place, with the K&N intake it seems like you have to use something to keep it in place..

If anyone understands this please help.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know what you are talking about, it goes on the bracket on the backside of the intake (when looking into the engine bay)
I had trouble with it as well but theres a bolt that comes with it that should hold it in place. You have to clip in the thingy with the little stud attached to it then put the bolt and nut in front of that and tighten it down. Thats how I got it to stay, instructions weren't too clear on that so I just did what I thought best and its held up good so far.