Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Liquid coming out of header ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 02:56 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Liquid coming out of header ??

yesterday i cleaned my engine, i covered up all the electricals to make sure i didnt get them wet. didnt run the car til it was completely dry and even then i just drove it into my garage. today I was driving around the block , came home and when i got out my car i heard a slight hissing sound. Popped the hood and in the middle of my header at the top in between the 2 nuts there was a little bit of brownish clear liquid, almost like dirty water. it was coming up out the top middle of the header gasket, I also notice a very slight amount of air coming out.

im guessing my header needs to be either tightend or i need a new gasket. anyone got an idea what this could be ? do you think when i cleaned the engine some water went thru tthat small leak and that was jus it coming back out?

it didnt smell like oil and it evaporated really quickly

oh and I have dc sports header, is it able to use a oem gasket ? (engine side)
Old 05-31-2010, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackonBlack305
yesterday i cleaned my engine, i covered up all the electricals to make sure i didnt get them wet. didnt run the car til it was completely dry and even then i just drove it into my garage. today I was driving around the block , came home and when i got out my car i heard a slight hissing sound. Popped the hood and in the middle of my header at the top in between the 2 nuts there was a little bit of brownish clear liquid, almost like dirty water. it was coming up out the top middle of the header gasket, I also notice a very slight amount of air coming out.

im guessing my header needs to be either tightend or i need a new gasket. anyone got an idea what this could be ? do you think when i cleaned the engine some water went thru tthat small leak and that was jus it coming back out?

it didnt smell like oil and it evaporated really quickly

oh and I have dc sports header, is it able to use a oem gasket ? (engine side)
Sounds like a leak, make sure the nuts are well tighten, if thats not the problem do what you sad and change the gasket.