Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

MMW HEADER INSTALL TIPS

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 12:49 PM

Default MMW HEADER INSTALL TIPS

OK, so i Had my MMW header installed along with magnaflows cat back system on my TC over the weekend.
if you guys are installing this or any similar set up.....(a must would be the MMW header)... DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR.... AND FOLLOW THESE TIPS.

First off, when un-installing everything...be very careful when you remove the o2 sensors. especially the 1st one on the actual stock header. This o2 sensor has a habbit of seizeing from factor. Meaning when you remove it. you pretty much Mess up the thread, causing you to have to buy a new one.... SO REMOVE WITH CARE!!! take your Time and dont force it off. When re-installing on the new header...use "anti seize)
( continue on every thing should be smooth untill....)
2nd: when you attempt to install your new header..... the very first thing that you should do is drain and remove the radiator. the header will not fit other wise. that is without forcing it in and risking the chance of breaking something....then preceed with the install. Now once thats in...next would be the S-Pipe.... make sure you install the CEL Eliminator before you put in the s-pipe in. THE CEL ELIMINATOR WILL NOT FIT ONCE THE S-PIPE HAS BEEN INSTALLED!!! well it will fit, but its impossible to install once the s-pipe is in.......Now Go ahead and install your exhaust....once that is all set....you will notice something very obvious.....!!!! there is going to be a approximate 1 foot void of pipe between the s-pipe, and the beginning of your new exhaust system....Something needs to obviously be made in place of this void. luckly i was able to fabricate and weld some pipe to fill this void.....

NOW!!....you should pretty much be done will all bullsh**.....if for some reson your CEL light is on still......take advantage of the CEL eliminator's adjustable thread. this may need to be adjusted as it was too close....now enjoy!!!! FYI you will loose low end torque but make up for it on the highways
Old 01-14-2008, 03:10 PM
SL Member

good tips but.. wrong section
Old 01-14-2008, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

what?! im pretty sure you are the FIRST person with these problems.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

remove radiator????? WTF?
Old 01-14-2008, 05:15 PM

lol do a llittle research, on this site. and you'll see im not the only that has had the problems with the o2 sensor & radiator HOWEVER]i havent read anyone talk about the fabricated section....
Old 01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have never head of removing the radiator either.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

thats the part i was talkin about, but the 02 sensor you just got to be careful with, its not rocket science. and the radiator, the tip is to go from the btotom, not remove the radiator
Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nuh i know wat he means, MMW is on a different version i beleive and its a bit harder to fit in, Whats funny is that he actually removed the radiator, must of wasted alot of time. All you gotta do is remove the FAN. takes like a minute. And i remember hearing sumbody else that had an empty space between the MMW header and magnaflow exhaust, even though the magnaflow fit on the stock header and spipe. I think MMW just F*ed up and made the spipe too short. I think the guy actually made a video on youtube to convince MMW, so they would replace his spipe. The only real tip people need is to have the RIGHT tools, i dint have a MM set and my wrench stripped one of the nuts on the header. sucks =(
Old 02-03-2008, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah the s-pipe i got dint fit right with the stock mid pipe the installers had to take the springs out the bolts from the header and spipe for it the stretch and fit mid pipe but for some reason i think it sounds like ____ in low rpm y?
Old 02-03-2008, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

exhaust leak, that why
Old 02-03-2008, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

i didnt have to remove my radiator. lol
Old 02-03-2008, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah thats been said, you dont need to remove the radiator, just the fan if you got the 2nd version. But yes alot of people have leaks. Kind of sucks, weapon-r should do more R&D instead of just making it fit and dyno'ing it. By the way do your guys' exhaust smell bad now since there are no cats? (assuming with an aftermarket midpipe, which means no cats)
Old 02-03-2008, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

weird.. i didn't get any leaks. i just went to a hardware store to get the longer bolts that connect midpipe to s-pipe. works fine for me. no exhaust leaks for the 6 months i've had it.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

you know mengsta you are the 2nd person that had that avitar, i knew who the first person was and i cant remember their name and it bugs me evertime i see you post

but yea anyways about this header...
Old 02-03-2008, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think weapon-r should have given us longer bolts in the first place. Would have made my life alot easier. Its just very disappointing when you are in the middle of something and have to decide to go to a hardware store, especially if the friend helping isnt driving at the moment because his car sucks. Anyway are you sure there are no leaks? did you turn the car on and feel the connections? because i installed mine correctly and i still had a leak between the header and Spipe so i just doubled the gaskets. And Dave i think i know who you're talking about, but he changed his avatar to another tupac picture. I will change mine if it bothers you that much though lol.