Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

NEED HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default NEED HELP!!!!!

well i have an '06 BSP automatic scion tc with black leather, sport pedals, sport ****, auto-dimming mirror, side curtain airbags, 10" bazooka sub, pinoneer sound system, ipod connecter w/ mp3 cd player, ground effects kit, under dash neons, pedestol spoiler I LOVE THE CAR, but i hate the automatic (my rents made me get it) i hate the dullnest of it and the loss of power and the lack of mods. So i have decided to switch to a manual and i want to trade in my car, is there anyway i could trade it in and lose the leather, sport pedals, sport ****, autto-dimming mirror, sub, under dash neons and not lose money? I have 3042 miles on the car
Old 03-21-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

you may have to lose the kit as well, but you just MAY be able to pull it off.... no one would really be able to know... but depending on how in demand scions are, you may find a dealer who would go for it... but you'd probably have to go bone stock and then build it back up.... (Which isn't that bad, I bought mine bone stock and did everything myself, so it's possible)
Old 03-21-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah thats wat i was think i just wantd to keep the ground effects kit and spoiler put lol ill let it go in the determination for a manual lol
Old 03-21-2006, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jeesh, you should be so lucky to have a brand new car that has more mods than most adults, including mine, and complain becuase of the drivetrain your "rents" "made" you get, that they probably paid for, too. considering you cant make a legal contract yet. i dont want you to think that im trying to lecture you, but good lord, dont complain... please! really, you have a nice car, why dont you concentrate on paying for it, do you even pay for your insurance? its a lot more respectable to have something you work hard to pay for, not something that you cant afford without help and complain about. just take it constructively.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and something else to think about, this seems a little "whack" to consider, but an auto will promote safer driving, becuase youll be inclined to race more with a stick. but take it from experience,. even though it feels good now to have everybody jelous of your quick, flashy new car, and you may not care now about keeping a clean record (and might even joke about it), but when its time for you to pay for your own insurance, like i did, without the umbrella from the "rents", youll get raped dry. they wont even warm up to it before they shove it in. ive been there, i am here now... thinking about how stupid it was, considering i dont even see those "cats" anymore. just keep this in mind, i know it sounds silly, but ive been there, and wish i could change some mistakes i made that will cost me for a while.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah did i mention i payd for ALL my mods and i also have a v1 radar, and i think i race more in the auto though its slower
Old 03-21-2006, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

but radar doesn't protect you from policeman vision. If they see you driving erratically/racing they can stop you.

Good luck not getting totally hosed on the trade in.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
you may have to lose the kit as well, but you just MAY be able to pull it off.... no one would really be able to know...
except for the holes in the bumper
Old 03-21-2006, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You again... the kid who lives with all the rich people and their STI's. Do yourself a favor, take that car of yours on a road trip to see what the rest of the states are like. Living by the second doesn't mean taking life for granted, it means just the opposite.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:30 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i'm gonna agree with a few people above.... accept that your car is an auto... it doesn't mean anything less of it..

and v1 radar or not... you're still able to get caught with your pants down.