Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

need help >_<

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default need help >_<

ok im sorry.. this post is prolly up somehwere... but i need me some help...

im gonna get an intake for my car... and im looking at injen cold air intake... is that good n e one?

cold air or short ram >_< aaah....
Old 04-07-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

it depends really on what you want. Cold Air tends to generate more HP due to the location of the filter unlike Short Ram which generally sits on top of the motor in most cases. Downside about Cold Air is if you dont have a bypass valve for water to exit the intake then you could suck up alot of water into your motor *Only on rainy nights with pools of water*. Knowing that you live in Ca. & the recent rain storms, i would go w/ the bypass valve if injen has 1 only if you go w/ the Cold Air.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Go with Cold Air. Short rams just gives you a different sound. Cold air gives you sound and horsepower. Cold air has a downshaft and they also have inline water filter available to avoid getting water in your intake.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm ive check some places... looks like injen doesnt come out yet? K&N is my choice prolly... but i heard weapon R one... is that good? would u guys recommend it?

oh yeah btw... also getting a dc sport strut bar.. and was also thinking of getting a rear sway bar-___-a ... n e one know a good one? What about TRD rear sway bar? is it worth it? does it make n e diffference to the car?
Old 04-08-2005, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

weapon r is a good productbut so is K & N. All CAIs are basically going to give you the same increase, just some sound better and are cheaper lol.

rear strut bars will drastically improve handeling. yes it makes a difference, just take a turn at 30 - 35mph and you can literally feel control of the whole car, and not just which way the wheels are turning. the tC is a pretty soft ride as it is, so these little things really stand out.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

neat-o maybe ill try that TRD rear sway bar