Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Plugs, Injectors and fuel line Change

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Plugs, Injectors and fuel line Change

I was looking at the supercharger info and noticed that they changed the plugs to Denso K22PR-U and also changed the injectors and fuel line.

Would anyone know if this would also be a good change for the ZPI stage 0 turbo, I presume the plugs are colder and I don't know what size injectors they switch to. Any help would be cool.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the plugs have got to be just a degree colder or two. bigger injectors. i wonder why the call for the fuel line change. with all the discussions about the pressure being regulated from the tank i dont see how changing the line could do anything, but maybe talking to trd would be informative.

i wonder if you could do those three upgrades and try to find someone at a dealership that would flash your ecu. the psi is the same for the stage 0 and the trd kit.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by depogrig
the plugs have got to be just a degree colder or two. bigger injectors. i wonder why the call for the fuel line change. with all the discussions about the pressure being regulated from the tank i dont see how changing the line could do anything, but maybe talking to trd would be informative.

i wonder if you could do those three upgrades and try to find someone at a dealership that would flash your ecu. the psi is the same for the stage 0 and the trd kit.
That is exactly what I was thinking
Old 10-03-2005, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if it is possible getting a different b.o.v. with a recirculated setup should eliviate the occasional backfiring you mentioned.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do they switch the car to a return system??? where are these instructions i need some reading material for work lol
Old 10-03-2005, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is a thread further down the first page of power hungry that has a link to where the instructions are posted.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is a thread further down the first page of power hungry that has a link to where the instructions are posted.
freekin sweet

thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Getting the ECU reflash looks promising but I am affraid since the stock ECU can handle boost so well that the reflash is really for emissions and there might be a possibility that you will loose power (or it could be just for the bigger injectors). Obviously this is only a thought and no one will really know untill someone trys it. Anyways good luck ScionDad and hope to see some good changes to your stage 0 in the future.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's only on occasion that the backfire happens, but it's annoying. I should have the AF wideband set up this week and get a better idea of what the mixture is. I was just kinda shocked that they changed the fuel line. Plugs, sure. Injectors, ok. Fuel line, why?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

its still only doing it at wot when the auto shifts? and just occasionally? i would try colder plugs for sure. that might be all thats needed. i know a lot of factory turbo cars have a lot of problems running rich and bogging when the bov is switched to atmospheric.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by OuterHeaven
Getting the ECU reflash looks promising but I am affraid since the stock ECU can handle boost so well that the reflash is really for emissions and there might be a possibility that you will loose power (or it could be just for the bigger injectors).
Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner!!!!
The main reason why the ECU reflash is part of the kit is to keep emissions in line mostly, and then to fine tune the injectors(which hopefully emanage will hold the tune after time being that nobody has still yet proved to me that their long term fuel trims are not rediculously high.)
Old 10-03-2005, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
It's only on occasion that the backfire happens, but it's annoying. I should have the AF wideband set up this week and get a better idea of what the mixture is. I was just kinda shocked that they changed the fuel line. Plugs, sure. Injectors, ok. Fuel line, why?

Would being Auto have more or less to do with the occasional backfire too? I'm looking to be Stage 0 equipped in Nov., but I'm 5sp equipped.

PS...this might sound like a ricer question, but....... does she spit fire?
Old 10-03-2005, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by ScionDad

Would being Auto have more or less to do with the occasional backfire too? I'm looking to be Stage 0 equipped in Nov., but I'm 5sp equipped.

PS...this might sound like a ricer question, but....... does she spit fire?
The auto might be the issue. Well, I haven't seen any flames, but seriously, I might have to follow at night and see.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

naa...our cars arent flame throwers...my xB did that a lot. It used to do it when I would pull real hard then let off the gas and then hit the breaks...it would do it the minute it dipped down into vacuum. Its not too bad for the actual exhaust, but its a sure fire way to blow out your cat in record time You smellin rotten eggs yet sciondad?
Old 10-03-2005, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
naa...our cars arent flame throwers...my xB did that a lot. It used to do it when I would pull real hard then let off the gas and then hit the breaks...it would do it the minute it dipped down into vacuum. Its not too bad for the actual exhaust, but its a sure fire way to blow out your cat in record time You smellin rotten eggs yet sciondad?
Not yet.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, Kenny at ZPI explained whats up with the SC kit parts and my questions. The injectors they send out are 410cc. Hardly worth the increase from 372cc or so stock. The fuel line they send is due to the stock fuel line is metal all the way. It is just surrounded by rubber...so that explains the new fuel line.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no point in doing any of that then. i would just do colder plugs and if the backfiring isnt gone go to a recircutated b.o.v.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I was wondering if it was a more insulated line due to higher under hood temps.. .that may be what they are doing with the rubber coated lines.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no point in doing any of that then. i would just do colder plugs and if the backfiring isnt gone go to a recircutated b.o.v.
Yup, that's my path right now.

Engi, you may be on to something there as well. It does get pretty toasty under there.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

so what did they change your fule line too then? I noticed that the other day that the fuel line goes from a metal line on the firewall to a metal line wrapped in rubber then into the fuel rail. Did they just switch the part that goes from the fuel line on the firewall to the rail?

Quick Reply: Plugs, Injectors and fuel line Change