Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Reoccurring Codes i got on my 07 TC

Old 04-03-2017, 08:31 PM

Default Reoccurring Codes i got on my 07 TC

​​​​​​I bought my TC used last July. In Aug i began having issues but no codes. It wouldnt start at times for no rhyme or reason & would start again just as mysteriously though how long it took to differed & wouldnt start at all couple times which I had to tow it. Everything tested/checked out fine. Eventually I replaced the battery which fixed that problem but new 1s occured. Dec i got msg it had coded (Metromiles device monitors cars computer too) P0445/0441. After checking/replacing gas cap, plugs, hoses i put new coils & Wallah cured. But I on 3/30 it wasnt driving perfectly after I got gas. The NEXT day I got msg it coded again & on Metro app said same codes but when I sent email to mechanic (app feature which takes all info & compiles msg with it) msg said it has 4 codes P0304 & P0351 too. I never got reply from them so im confused. I have cancer which is about $1200 a month for Treatment/Dr Visits/Procedures copay & dont work so repair shop prices might be unrealistic especially if they try to charge me for stuff it doesnt need or can be fixed later. Can anyone tell me if theyve had same problems and how to fix it?
Old 04-06-2017, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey LBGIRL, sorry to hear about all that. Unfortunately these kinds of situations are difficult to diagnose without seeing the car in person, but there are a few things you can try. First I would swap all the coils by moving them over one cylinder, so you go from 1-2-3-4 to 4-1-2-3. Then you can reset the computer and see if the issue recurs and the code moves to a different coil.

Your EVAP systems codes are not the typical one's I've seen for this car, so I can't really comment about that unfortunately. Usually, evap system issues don't cause drivability problems, so they generally aren't related, but with P0445 suggesting an electrical issue, I can't be quite sure in this case. Sure it wasn't P0455?

Search this Thread