Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ripped wide open

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default ripped wide open

i purchased the scion security for about $500 at the dealer, is this anti-theft and will it protect my car? if some1 tries to break in, will the alarm go off? did i get the right security? i dont want my car being ripped and gaped open
Old 06-30-2005, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If you can still cancel that, I would. For $500, you can get a much better system put in.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dear god you could get a nice alarm installed at best buy cheaper than that
Old 06-30-2005, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by matty-tC
dear god you could get a nice alarm installed at best buy cheaper than that
Yea for reals I got my Clifford Matrix 3.5 auto start for 400 installed with a Prox Sensor?

BANG for the buck!
Old 06-30-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One the things I like about the tC is that the remote entry buttons are integrated into the key. I havent' gotten an aftermarket alarm yet because I dont' want yet another key fob hanging off my keyring. I'm waiting for them to release the wiring codes. The guy who did my tint said he could set up a nice system to work with the stock key remote once the wireing schematic comes out. Until then, I'm garaged parked all the time anyway!
Old 06-30-2005, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please take it from me. I just went thru this. Yes, the Scion upgraded alarm will keep them from stealing the car....that's it. The alarm sound. No one listens to them any more.

$3 K damage from them stealing the head unit 3 weeks ago. In a crowded parking lot. Not one person did anything. Save your $500 and get either a Compustar or Viper.

Compustar is $300 + install. It will PAGE YOU should any alarms be triggered to include 2 stage shock sensors. Yup, right to your key ring over a spread spectrum in car RF system as long as you are within 1 mile of your car. You are the best advocate for your car.

Viper I heard some troubles and not as for...about 1/2 mile. But still better than Scion.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I made the mistake of getting the scion secutity... it blows man, i even read the owners manual on it, and did things to it that it said would trigger the system such as tapping the glass with a key to set it off (to immate trying to break glass), and it did NOTHING! how i see it though, most alarms are useless, all they do is make lights flass and makes noise, people dont pay attention to it, and if you have the remote to indicate somone is mesin with your car, doesny always work. Yes it might have a 1 mile radius, but you have to consider how many walls are in the way to that path, if your in a mall on the 4th level.... your 1 mile radius is drastically reduced.

my .02
Old 07-01-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It can be good, but I offer a few other options to all my customers. They pick what they want.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there anyway to upgrade the scion security? Or can it work with an aftermarket unit? I want to install something with more options. The scion security was already on the car when I bought it.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i added the option with mine, i regret it, but oh well... ill let some noises ____ people off if they can set off my alarm
Old 07-01-2005, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should have want to scionpartspeople.com its under $250 bucks there and like 20 bucks to ship. I have a viper alarm and i want to bestbuy to have it installed and they said they can not do it because i have knee airbags. They dont know how to do it with out setting off the airbags because thats where they have to mount something. if anybody has anyother ideas let me know.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes please do not order this... Dealer options espcially alarms are so overpriced. All you get is a basic alarm and starter kill, a basic kit like that from any company like Clifford, Hornet, etc. will cost you roughly $200 installed at good guys.... for $500 you could get what I got which is a 2-way high-end Hornet alarm system with 2-way paging with range up to 1/4 mile and remote start and windows... Dont even waste your $500...
Old 07-01-2005, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Ok, how about them alarms??? Seems like the subject went off the track...
Old 07-01-2005, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
yeah...

but honestly alarms dont do ____. sh what if some of them page you its not like theres anything you can do about it, or if you called the police on the POSIBILITY of your car bein jacked the buy the time they got there it would have been over with.
the best they can do is imobilize your but they would still steal all ur ____

what im waiting for is alarms that actualy do somthing like spray tear gas or fukin electry everything or an alarm that sprays mace everywere inside the car and THEN pages you so ucan laugh at the people tryin to take ____
i would put a fat sticker on the side that says >>>rob at yout own risk BICH<<

and yeah since that kinda alarm is not gonna come out im just gonna have to make my own
itl be great after every spray the air is sucked out so the car is fine when ever u need to use it again wow im patenting this ____
Old 07-01-2005, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sensay
Originally Posted by YELOSUB
yeah...

but honestly alarms dont do poopie. sh what if some of them page you its not like theres anything you can do about it, or if you called the police on the POSIBILITY of your car bein jacked the buy the time they got there it would have been over with.
the best they can do is imobilize your but they would still steal all ur poopie

what im waiting for is alarms that actualy do somthing like spray tear gas or fukin electry everything or an alarm that sprays mace everywere inside the car and THEN pages you so ucan laugh at the people tryin to take poopie
i would put a fat sticker on the side that says >>>rob at yout own risk BICH<<

and yeah since that kinda alarm is not gonna come out im just gonna have to make my own
itl be great after every spray the air is sucked out so the car is fine when ever u need to use it again wow im patenting this poopie
Alarms don't do poopie? I guess for some, as for me where i park my bB is merely only 50 feet from my house. That 2-way goes off and i am off to the races with bat and USP in hand. Sure some people are passive but i can't tolerate that sort of crap. if i ever caught someone in my car i ain't calling no cops... For you, yeah don't get alarm seems like your the passive type, for those who are proactive... well then 2-way is the way to go...
Old 07-01-2005, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its 2005 bats dont really help anymore...get a gun

also the thread title is misleading, i thought i was gonna see some jenna jameson in here or something...
Old 07-01-2005, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Beantowntc
also the thread title is misleading, i thought i was gonna see some jenna jameson in here or something...
rofl i was thinking the same thing
Old 07-01-2005, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I do wish I had the paging... that would work perfect with my 9mm. Its all about the accessories :D
Old 07-02-2005, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member

heres what you do, take the crap scion alarm back, go to circuit city by the end of the weekend. until the fourth they are giving 10% off everything in the store $99 and up. if they dont give you the 10% complain, they'll make you happy. i would recommend the python 881. it is a two paging system with remote start. now, they wont install it on a manual but you can get it without remote start for a bit cheaper, id say (with remote start) look at 450 installed, minus 10%. just my .02
Old 07-02-2005, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Scion Security is good for the few percent discount on my auto insurance premium. That's all that matters.

If they want the car/stereo/rims/whatever, they're gonna get them. No alarm system short of a mob of angry pitbulls roped to the car will stop them.

Oh, and not to sound like too much of a criminal, but if you all are spending the big loot on the noisemakers, spend a little more for an auxiliary battery to power it... the OEM battery cables are fairly easy to access from right under the car.

Quick Reply: ripped wide open