Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...
View Poll Results: Should I get a refund on the turbo ? Or should i wait and get the free exhaust ?
Wait it out, You'll be fast and on top of that its a good deal to get the free exhaust!
80.65%
Get your refund, they are obviously BSing you
19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

ScionSpeed Turbo Kit... Delayed *POLL*

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default ScionSpeed Turbo Kit... Delayed *POLL*

When I 1st purchased it on feb.2nd, they told me it would be in by March 1st. I said ok, and agreed to wait. I waited that long month, and i hadn't heard anything from them yet, So i emailed them. They told me there were some problems getting some of the components, so they told me another 2 weeks. I waited 2 weeks, still nothing so i emailed again. They then told me they received all the components but were now missing the actual turbo which was coming down from australia. This would take another 2 weeks. Being a patient person, i agreed to this too. As soon as april hit, i emailed them to see what was up. They told me the turbo from australia seemed to be greatly delayed, and that they would begin testing with a larger turbo, that it would take another 2-3 weeks. I then agreed to this too. By the 2nd week of april i felt tempted to email him to see what was up, but i decided to give him the extra week so it could make their 3 weeks. I then decided to finally email him, this past monday. He then apologized, and told me that he understood how I could fell like i was being lied to, and that he wasn't making excuses but the delay was legitimate. He then offered me two options, to get a full refund, and then if I wished to re-purchase the turbo in the future I could without a discount, or to wait it out but as an incentive receive a free 3" exhaust.

I'm dying of excitement to get this turbo. What do you guys think I should do ? Wait it out and get a free exhaust ? or get a refund ?
Old 04-29-2005, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wait it out they seem to be very legit to me. You'll get it and hell a free exhaust i more than worth the wait!
Old 04-29-2005, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Yea Im with fish... its not like you bank wont follow up this large amount of money... so unless you gave them cash dont worry.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

my question is why did they order so much stuff last minute.

they had so much time to prepare an order form and had it sent to the appropriate people.

haha i remember scion speed saying that they will ship these kits out on march 1st. its almost may and they havent even completed the kit?!

i can understand patiences... but wow... u paid so much $$ for people to mess up and delay u getting your product into you hands...

imo
Old 04-29-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can always get your money refunded and go with a ZPI kit while they are still on preorder. They are supposed to start shipping in May. Im sure scionspeed is a decent company, but I would be worried too after three months of them having my money and no product.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

yea well I am guessing they probably got overloaded with preorders... but do what you want just remeber once you cancel the order and if you change your mind you gotta pay msrp.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're not in any kind of an engineering field, please don't talk about deadlines. There is an insane amount of issues that can arise, and unless you want an inferior product, you need time to fix them, and, if necessary, delay the release.

It's how the world works.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did they give a timeframe on the new release date? Also its one thing to be overloaded with preorders, but as far as I know they havent deliverd ANY orders yet...
Old 04-29-2005, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dmikon
If you're not in any kind of an engineering field, please don't talk about deadlines. There is an insane amount of issues that can arise, and unless you want an inferior product, you need time to fix them, and, if necessary, delay the release.

It's how the world works.
True
Old 04-29-2005, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dimkon

i totally agree with you but, it seems as if they are trying to get all of the preordered kits complete before they ship them to people.

but making customers wait is a sign of bad business no matter the situiation.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have alot of faith in Scionspeed.com
i met the guys at HotImportNights orlando and they were very cool and talked with them for a while.
they are really into getting the production of more parts for the TC out there. heard headers on on the way from them too.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I decided to give them one more LONG month to get the turbo. After that, i'm getting my money back because 4 months wait is just ridiculous
Old 04-29-2005, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VIP_tC
You can always get your money refunded and go with a ZPI kit while they are still on preorder. They are supposed to start shipping in May. Im sure scionspeed is a decent company, but I would be worried too after three months of them having my money and no product.
How would that be any different than waiting for his ScionSpeed kit? He would be waiting for the ZPI kit just the same, and who knows what could go wrong on their end as well.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was just giving him another option is all...
Old 04-29-2005, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VIP_tC
I was just giving him another option is all...
I understand that and I'm sure it's appreciated. It's just that I see people getting nervous and jumping out of one frying pan and into an even hotter one all time. Even though it's been quite some time, I would still wait it out or just get a full refund altogether.

Pre-orders are sometimes just ways for companies to loan money from people to actually come up with the costs for engineering a kit in the first place. TCTunerz is the PERFECT example of this.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Most credit cards have 60 day chargeback policy, some have 90 days, very few have more than that. So if it's a scam - they are waiting out till you can't do a chargeback any more. Just something to keep in mind...
Old 04-29-2005, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zoltiz
Most credit cards have 60 day chargeback policy, some have 90 days, very few have more than that. So if it's a scam - they are waiting out till you can't do a chargeback any more. Just something to keep in mind...
True, thing is that these companies will try to lead people on for as long as possible. And a lot of people place preorders with their check cards too. I'm not sure if the same policy applies to check cards though. In any case, once you make the charge, they have your money.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

You should call your credit card company and cancel the charge immediately. If they're legit, you can always re-order once other people have gotten a product from them. It's not a good idea to let other people hold your money without getting your product in return.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

check cards still have fraud so basically even if the policy isnt the same it will still pan out if you get screwed over.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by basilisk4
You should call your credit card company and cancel the charge immediately. If they're legit, you can always re-order once other people have gotten a product from them. It's not a good idea to let other people hold your money without getting your product in return.
Even if you called in and cancelled it, the credit card company still has to research the issue, which could take days or even weeks. The whole thing we're trying to avoid here is paying large sums of money for a product that doesn't exist.

Quick Reply: ScionSpeed Turbo Kit... Delayed *POLL*