Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Some issues. Pls help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Some issues. Pls help.

hey guys what up. need a lil help and guidance with a decision. i have tsudo header and s pipe on my car. i just found out the other day from a guy at the local dealership that if u put headers on your car they would consider it a HUGE problem if i had to get something on my powertrain part of my warranty worked on. basically kiss my 100k mile warranty goodbye. now IMO i would give it up in a heart beat if i was turboed. but from a header not so much. trying to decide if i should just keep them cause i have almost 26k miles on my car and havent had one problem. or shouuld i put the factory header back on and run a 2.5" s pipe back exhaust and never worry about warranty problems or rasp again. hard decision to make and im not exactly sure what i should do. now yes i would lose some hp but get all my low end power back. idk. its just really been bugging me. either way in the future the headers got to go cause im going turbo so im just trying to decide if i should go ahead and get rid of them now and enjoy and ride out my warranty and then turbo. or keep them. pls help. lol
Old 07-12-2008, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they cant void anything without proof by law, plus the dealer show car meets are all hooked up with mods, even thier employees do it to thier scions. if they give you problems at any time even if nothings wrong tell them to put it on paper so you take legal action. they always like how mine sounds and the dealer does my service with no problems.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you have a 100k mile warranty? holy jesus!
Old 07-12-2008, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i hear what your saying. im not saying that it will void the whole entire warranty what im saying is that whatever the header may come into contact with like say the powertrain part of the warranty could be voided. if its something small like say just by some small chance that i have valve problems or engine knocking or something all they gotta say is the header is whats causing it and because i have the header on the warranty is voided on that part of the engine so it would be my problem. now if thats the cause i would def make them prove that it is the problem and go through everything possible to make them fix my car under warranty. but see thats it. i dont want to have to worry about going through all that. legal bull ____t i would rather go in there get it fixed and leave with no problems ya know. idk like i said. still thrown in the air and a very hard decision.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They can't blame anything on your header without proof. If they wanna say your having e.g. a valve problem and they want to say its because of the header they need to show proof. If they can't show you proof you can take legal action at that point. There are laws for this stuff for a reason.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can give me your header and i put it on my car, then i keep going to the dealer for service and if anything should happen, ill show you they'll take care of it. i've had things break some my fault and some not, and they always changed it under warrantie
Old 07-12-2008, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont get headers!!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcCAlI
dont get headers!!
Why not? He could buy 2 and haev a spare one laying around..but I can see why headers be a waste because our car only needs one...

(ok i'm done being a smart***)

Whats wrong with getting a header?
Old 07-13-2008, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i already have a header. and i love it. a pretty good bit of heat given off by it but i like the freed up power. i was just concerned about the warranty.