Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

trd clutch question - im getting my LSD installed in 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default trd clutch question - im getting my LSD installed in 2 weeks

Ok, so I have all the parts needed for the LSD (finally.. crapload its a lot more than what I thought in the begining - even though I get a decent break) But needed are the LSD unit itself (its a heavy muva!) the install kit (which is 5 more items) the odometer gear, and shims.

I am boosted, and already have my NST 9.5lb pulley + belt ordered and paid for through the group buy, and it should arrive in 4 weeks.

Initially, I was NOT going to get the trd clutch.. BUT then my dealership sends me a coupon in the mail.. $100 off any labor or parts OVER $500.. so Im like CRAP - now I can get the clutch dirt cheap.. I call my parts guy, he pulls up TRDSPARKS.com, and I get it matched for the $530 (mind you no shipping charge either!) and now I can use this coupon to get another $100 off the part since its over the $500.

My local dealership is doing my install, since they have put in ALL my trd parts, and its never went anywhere else. They rock, I will also get to use another $100 coupon on that work, and my LSD install will ring in under $500 - thats freaking SWEET , ive heard some horror stories on here - so mine will all be dealer done, and by the same one and ONLY technician that works on my car there (he does have helpers though).

Who else has the TRD LSD/Clutch setup? Are you boosted too? How much of an improvement did it offer, I mean I was going LSD anyways, but now I can add the clutch, no extra install time, and get it for right at $430! Should I do it? I wouldnt do any other performance clutch, I want to retain the scion warranty on the drivetrain - so only TRD parts, and I am not doing the flywheel.
After that, I dont think there are ANY more TRD parts I can order, except that BBK.

The TRD clutch *should* offer all I need, as I am stopping at the 9.5lb pulley, and AEM FI/C. If I can settle in right at the 245HP mark, thats all I need.

Anyways what would you do? do it while I am getting it done, or pass on it? Cuz its either now or never! lol
Old 02-15-2008, 08:21 PM
SL Member

Do it...your getting an awesome install price!! Can't pass that up
Old 02-15-2008, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yah, anyone know about the TRD LSD OIL , more specifically a part #?

This is the ONLY place ive found it -
http://www.kinwaymotorsports.com/index.do
then click on OIL and Fluid.

Or did you guys just get regular differential oil?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

never heard of the TRD LSD oil.

i installed the TRD/Quaife LSD on my car in Sept 07 and just used Redline MT-90 tranny fluid.