Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/)
-   -   IS TRD making headers?? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/trd-making-headers-60365/)

scion_jon 05-25-2006 09:59 PM

IS TRD making headers??

i read somewhere, that TRD was making some headers for the tc, is this true? anyone know?

ack154 05-25-2006 10:09 PM

It has been rumored here a couple of times, but no one seems to have any info. I think someone just mis-read something somewhere.

trdtcpr 05-25-2006 10:13 PM

i read that at the celebrity race all tC's had "TRD header" but it was said later that those were DC Sports so I honestly don't know what to think.

:eyebrow:

zer0 05-25-2006 11:21 PM

Yea if TRD made headers they would be rebadged DC Sports..

yamaha16bw 05-25-2006 11:22 PM

and cost about 200 bucks more.

davedavetC 05-25-2006 11:22 PM

^^ and cost 100-200 more then the DC sports. :eyebrow:

yamaha16bw 05-25-2006 11:24 PM

haha beat you to it

scion_jon 05-25-2006 11:25 PM

id still get it

yamaha16bw 05-25-2006 11:26 PM

waste of money

davedavetC 05-25-2006 11:28 PM

:|

dgHotLava 05-25-2006 11:29 PM

i think it is related to this...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...539&highlight=

but which part is getting redone???

scion_jon 05-26-2006 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
waste of money

whos money is it? my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ttth:

zer0 05-26-2006 12:42 AM

^^ Exactly, get what you want.

05FMtC 05-26-2006 12:48 AM

but if trd releases a header, wouldnt it be street legal? and i dont think that the dc one is street legal at the moment.

WeDriveScions 05-26-2006 12:51 AM

If it was street legal, it wouldn't be worth getting anyways... they have to keep the precat to keep it street legal, and that is decently restrictive... any of the other headers would be better... and from TRD's previous history... it'd be overpriced anyways!

scion_jon 05-26-2006 12:54 AM

well imo, i hate when peeps miss-match performance parts, but its fine for them what they do to their car cuz its their car, i just happen to like TRD even if some items are rebadged. i lke to keep everything nice looking.

yamaha16bw 05-26-2006 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by scion_jon
well imo, i hate when peeps miss-match performance parts, but its fine for them what they do to their car cuz its their car, i just happen to like TRD even if some items are rebadged. i lke to keep everything nice looking.

I here ya there, Plus a tC with all trd parts is worth more then a car with mixed matched parts. I just dont like the prices of trd.

scion_jon 05-26-2006 01:02 AM

i understand the concern of the prices being high, but when you have deep pockets, you can buy what you want right?

WeDriveScions 05-26-2006 01:04 AM

Yeah, but a car with all TRD parts sucks at shows.... OEM (or OEM company owned) parts just don't get respect in the Aftermarket... (especially when they are rebadged parts from other manufacturers) :(

Yanki01 05-26-2006 01:07 AM

it will be just like the "TRD" intake!

OVERPRICED! then again, not my money! :lalala:

scion_jon 05-26-2006 01:10 AM

well if it is going to be a rebadged dc sports header, does the dc header sound raspy, cuz i hate that raspy sound?

zer0 05-26-2006 01:31 AM

they all are raspy, removing that cat makes things loud

mattvs 05-26-2006 03:16 AM

TRD has no plans on making a header. They couldn't make one 50 state legal anyway, with how the OEM head is setup with a catalytic inside. It's currently impossible to buy a legal header for the tC ;)

But if you're not in a CARB state, no one really gives a damn.

WeDriveScions 05-26-2006 03:25 AM

Bah... not ALL of them are respy, if you have the right exhaust setup... but, given you want to go all TRD... with the TRD exhaust you will sound like a group of bumblebees on crack with the dc sports header. and mattvs is exactly right... there is no design that would be street legal that wouldn't share the same restrictive problems of featuring a precat...

anyways... I have some pretty deep pockets, but also have a decent idea of what's a rip-off... it just doesn't make sense, both looks wise and performance wise to commit to TRD... you can spend the same money and have a much better looking car, that will have better performing parts... just to name-whore the car with TRD, doesn't make sense and would win little respect from people who know :(

scion_jon 05-26-2006 03:34 AM

i dont give a crap bout name whoring, or respect, i know what i like, what i want, and what i want to do with it, calling someones tc a TRD name whore isnt "respectful" sure you guys on here have AEM intakes, Greddy exausts and DC sports items in your cars, so for you buying those items, make you a name whoring tc owner, because just like me, you like the performance the item produce, the styling and you take pride in what you have, knocking someone for doing it "their way" is absolutly wrong.

WeDriveScions 05-26-2006 04:33 AM

Post-Modernism at it's best.... it's all up to "You" to decide what's good/bad, there are no standards?

Buying TRD parts just to buy TRD parts, despite being aware that they perform worse and cost much more than other better options... that means your buying them just for a "Name"...

That, despite being "Your Way", do you think that would bring respect, or just apathy and criticism from those who do spend time, money, and effort into doing their ride right... rather than just doing it "Their Way"

You can continue to do it your way and you can have your ride... but realise, that you said you don't care about name whoring, or respect, but you wish for respect in saying that calling someone's tC a name whore isn't "Respectful"...

I must further point out that no one's tC was called a name whore... here's the exact text...

just to name-whore the car with TRD, doesn't make sense and would win little respect from people who know
Not liking TRD products, and critizing pursueing solely them because of the lack of performance they produce in comparison to cheaper and better parts, the obvious uncreativeness of their stying, demostrated by their lack of producing many unique products, by rebadging currently exciting products... and the huge price premium that is placed on them seems very reasonable.

Why demostrate pride in poorly producing / inflated priced products??? knocking someone for that can't be too aweful, in contrast to showing pride in that... which by any standard, should be considered absolutely wrong.

TTURedRaider311 05-26-2006 05:26 AM

^^^ Well said. WeDriveScions is not telling you what to do with your car, he is just stating the obvious fact that money can be better spent on non-TRD parts.

mattvs 05-26-2006 05:26 AM

and mattvs is exactly right... there is no design that would be street legal that wouldn't share the same restrictive problems of featuring a precat...
I didn't mean a header that included a pre-cat. Even if it includes a pre-cat, it's still not legal to replace the OEM header. It's a federal offense to remove or replace a working catalytic :p

The only state I could see someone getting spanked with the consequences of that one would be CA or VA. It carries a maximum penalty of like $15 grand I think lol.

It'd be a one in a million change to get hit with that though.

As for TRD versus anything else, I thought WeDriveScions espoused the maxim that 'You get what you pay for," so that means TRD is better than everything hehehehe

Hyghgynx 05-26-2006 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Yanki01
it will be just like the "TRD" intake! OVERPRICED!

AND not CARB Legal!! :lol:

Nobody is telling you what to do with your $crill. But, let's say for example that you're interested in the TRD Axle Back exhaust. That's roughly $365 + shipping. I researched exhausts and came to the conclusion that I liked the PM Axle Back. Cost= roughly $250. Any difference in HP? Very little. That's over $150+ savings that allowed me get my TRD Springs installed. (Can't help it if I'm lazy.) Heck if you didn't have Lowering Springs, that much savings could buy you some decent Springs. My point? Yes I have a clown car (because of mixed aftermarket parts) but I have saved Chedda that has allowed me to purchase MORE aftermarket products. :P

If you have 'deep' pockets, then why did you buy a $16K+ tC? :lalala: Just curious is all.

scion_jon 05-26-2006 10:23 AM

well i got the tc after i had a bmw z4,got into an accident in it. insurance paid off what was left, and had some money left over roughly 2,500, so one night i saw a commercial for a tc, and thought it looked cool, almost beemer looking. and that how i got my tc, used left over cash for down payment. i just like the tc plain and simple is all Hyghynx

Frisk00Azn 05-27-2006 07:19 PM

I think i heard that they were gonna make TRD header but its gonna be really weak because its going to be smog legal and stuff. . . like 8whp gain i think and its gonna cost alot.

Solid_Choke 05-27-2006 07:41 PM

The best thing about having TRD parts is that when you go to sell your car you can call all your aftermarket stuff "options" instead of "modifications".

ack154 05-27-2006 09:09 PM

Just because TRD makes them, they're not necessarily "options" ... many of them are still aftermarket.

Eppopipe 05-28-2006 05:09 AM

well a few dealers i know of sell the dc header...with full warrenty
so...
they call it trd too...so
hye i guess if u want the warrenty

scion_jon 05-28-2006 09:11 AM

warranty is always nice, and 8hp isnt too bad ya but i can agree on price, but when you got money and like the parts like i do(im not being show offy) i guess ya juss get em

tCheesy 05-28-2006 02:44 PM

Play nice everyone. and uh WeDriveScions... how did you get your pockets so deep cause I want in on it. :bow:

WeDriveScions 05-29-2006 12:35 AM

I got a nice job... :P

But....Realistically, not too much money is in the tC...

I have some great sponsors/hookups and get many things at cost/or cheap, plus do EVERYTHING myself. The only thing on my car that I didn't do it the debadging of the Scion Logo and the painted interior pieces (as I'm not the best painter/shaver in the world, but that was done for freeish/supercheap) by a friend

I'm no 19 year old rich kid.... that's for sure.... :)

scion_jon 05-29-2006 12:44 AM

lol i am, well parents money, but im the only child lol

ritz 05-29-2006 11:52 PM

jon ur car looks bsp, not nbm.

now im just confused.

and clear this up for me, headers make your exhaust illegal? or just not carb legal

scion_jon 05-30-2006 05:24 AM

lol dont worry its nbm, the pic was actually scanned in to my computer, i need to take some new pics, ill be sure to put new ones in my profile :), lol ur actuall the 2 person to tell me that. plus thats a photo of when i had my stocker tail lights so ya im behind in updating