Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD supercharger info.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD supercharger info.

I apologize if this is old news, i searched and couldn't find this.

only ones recent are these:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61092
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61512

Question is has anyone else heard this, which i found on http://www.mcgeorgeparts.com/.
Look under trd supercharger and the update said:

"The latest ETA Per TRD Is the end of June , as of 5/3 Still no pricing yet
It is all ready to go and has passed all testing and received all safety approval"

The last I heard it would be sept. but that was speculation? But the quote above is from a retailer that will be stocking it, not a friend of a friend, or an email that cant be posted, or what someone thinks is happening.

Once again i searched but couldnt find any that mentioned this, but if someone did post it try and refrain from being a smartass by pointing it out.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The people I have talked to that made the trip to Japan say that it is all ready to go, but is still delayed untill all tooling, diagnostic equipment, etc is in place. Still this fall according to the info they received. They heard this while on a trip to the facility to learn about accessories, future models, etc. But, you never know for sure when it will be, so I just take the time to save up cash for it
Old 05-10-2005, 03:45 AM
fro
5 Year Member
SL Member

I remember this one time, back in July, yeah July 2004. I bought my tC and they said the supercharger would be available by November. Then this other time, no, wait, these 457.6 other times, I checked this site and many others that said they knew when the SC would be ready. Guess what, they were all wrong. Long story short, I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:47 AM
fro
5 Year Member
SL Member

(and it still wont be worth it)
Old 05-10-2005, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fro
I remember this one time, back in July, yeah July 2004. I bought my tC and they said the supercharger would be available by November. Then this other time, no, wait, these 457.6 other times, I checked this site and many others that said they knew when the SC would be ready. Guess what, they were all wrong. Long story short, I'll believe it when I see it.

I guess some people cant refrain from it, huh jeff.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
The people I have talked to that made the trip to Japan say that it is all ready to go, but is still delayed untill all tooling, diagnostic equipment, etc is in place. Still this fall according to the info they received. They heard this while on a trip to the facility to learn about accessories, future models, etc. But, you never know for sure when it will be, so I just take the time to save up cash for it
Thanks for the info man. appreciate it.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

does anyone have a rough estimate of what it would cost if i got it from mcgeorgeparts.com? I would love to purschase this kit when it does come out, but i dont have like 4k lying around. thanks
Old 05-10-2005, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by idriveatC
does anyone have a rough estimate of what it would cost if i got it from mcgeorgeparts.com? I would love to purschase this kit when it does come out, but i dont have like 4k lying around. thanks
Everyone I have talked to at Scion and Scion Customer Care still say that they project around $2700 for the kit or around $3300 dealer installed, so if that is close to being true, I would expect a couple hundred dollars less from an alternative vendor. But, we still have to wait to see what the real numbers are. These are just the most re-occurring numbers that I have received from the most reliable sources I can find.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

haha the supercharger is never coming out! muhahahhaaha
Old 05-10-2005, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
haha the supercharger is never coming out! muhahahhaaha
The Supercharger is out, just not available to the public.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i was just kiding lol (cant tell by the evil laughter? hehe )
Old 05-10-2005, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

god... i wish that people would just stop posting about the damn supercharger. No point in getting everyone stirred up, until there is an *actual* press release from Toyota/Scion.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toastbox
god... i wish that people would just stop posting about the damn supercharger. No point in getting everyone stirred up, until there is an *actual* press release from Toyota/Scion.
Dont want to hear about it, dont read it. I had a question about the statement, i asked fellow forum contributors, and some where very helpful. Unlike you.
Personaly im tired of useless replys that dont contribute to the thread.
Man your tired of it, sh*t now im going to have problems sleeping at night . Next time don't bother, just move on..
Old 05-11-2005, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hey quick question, i looked around and preformed a search, BUT. i was wondering for the money is a turbo kit better then the supercharger? and i have know near to nothing about superchargers, and can you put a B.O.V. on a supercharger? go ahead make fun w.e its just a question.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

turbochargers give you more bang for your buck, but the supercharger, if dealer installed, will come with a 5 year/60k mile warranty which I think is amazing. You could put a BOV on a SC but it would be totally useless because SC arent ran off of the exhaust like turbos.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Trd Supercharger

Has anyons checked out this site:

www.newscionparts.com

They already have a listing price for the supercharger at $2,700.00 they say its not available yet but at least they give a price.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey quick question, i looked around and preformed a search, BUT. i was wondering for the money is a turbo kit better then the supercharger? and i have know near to nothing about superchargers, and can you put a B.O.V. on a supercharger? go ahead make fun w.e its just a question.
I havent heard of a bov on a supercharger, i think becasue the power is more linear and dosent produce boost as fast as a turbo. You get more bang for your buck with a turbo but turbo's also lower the life of your car much more then a supercharger. In some cases that isnt true with superchargers that run higher boost, but with the trd one you will not only get that warrenty but the boost isnt as aggresive (from what i have read that setup can produce much more boost) the boost is more linear bulding up with the rpm ban and putting less stress on engine components. But if you looking good boost for the money turbo is good, most smaller turbos for a 2.4L have less lag then most larger turbos so that shouldnt be that much of an issue for you. And since a turbo is a pretty big aftermarket additon toyota can play that game where they can say this adds stress to the engine and now voided your engine warrenty. If that doesnt matter to you, there's a scion speed turbo kit that dynoed at 426 hp.

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/sciontc.html
click video under NEW

Hope it helps.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Trd Supercharger

Originally Posted by BigPinoyTC
Has anyons checked out this site:

www.newscionparts.com

They already have a listing price for the supercharger at $2,700.00 they say its not available yet but at least they give a price.

Yeah thats what ive seen alot of retailers pricing it at. I think the 3000-4000 quote we have been getting is a installed price. Awhile back a member here has a friend working for trd and says that the 3500-4000 price point was installed price for a stage 1 w/o intercooler and stage 2 w/intercooler higher hp output because the intercooler lets it up the psi. Id love to believe it but it was one of those friend of a friend things. But ill keep an open mind about it.

Thx again for the site it rocks, prices are competitive.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by NY_BSP_Scion
I havent heard of a bov on a supercharger, i think becasue the power is more linear and dosent produce boost as fast as a turbo. You get more bang for your buck with a turbo but turbo's also lower the life of your car much more then a supercharger. In some cases that isnt true with superchargers that run higher boost, but with the trd one you will not only get that warrenty but the boost isnt as aggresive (from what i have read that setup can produce much more boost) the boost is more linear bulding up with the rpm ban and putting less stress on engine components. But if you looking good boost for the money turbo is good, most smaller turbos for a 2.4L have less lag then most larger turbos so that shouldnt be that much of an issue for you. And since a turbo is a pretty big aftermarket additon toyota can play that game where they can say this adds stress to the engine and now voided your engine warrenty. If that doesnt matter to you, there's a scion speed turbo kit that dynoed at 426 hp.

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/sciontc.html
click video under NEW

Hope it helps.

thanks man. i appreciate it a lot. although im still waiting to get my car, im still confused on whether to get the sc or a turbo. im not looking for the fastest car, but i really want that bov sound (lol, i think that sound is just plain ol' sexy) but that warrenty is nice im gonna let time pass then maybe ill have a clearer picture on this whole thing, thanks for the imput tho.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

oh yea one more quick question..,
does anyone know how much hp a tC has after the supercharger?

Quick Reply: TRD supercharger info.