Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Whats Your Fastest N/A Time in the 1/4 Mile

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

actually the tires arent great, my stock tires hooked better on the street then the falkens, but the track i was at was prepped really well, and i ride it on the street with no rear seat cause i dont like people riding back there, especially since i jst installed the corbeau's,

i should in the 14's no prob now cause i got the lightweigtht seats, 2.5 s-pipe and custom full 2.5 midpipe, and i replaced the injen cai with the new aem that claims 8hp. also installing motor mounts soon so it should hook even better
Old 12-28-2008, 08:55 PM

well the best of luck to ya weelo please udate when u decide to run
Old 12-28-2008, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

as soon as the track opens back up ill be running again, sometime early feb i think, i cant wait
Old 12-30-2008, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by weeloTC
actually the tires arent great, my stock tires hooked better on the street then the falkens, but the track i was at was prepped really well, and i ride it on the street with no rear seat cause i dont like people riding back there, especially since i jst installed the corbeau's,

i should in the 14's no prob now cause i got the lightweigtht seats, 2.5 s-pipe and custom full 2.5 midpipe, and i replaced the injen cai with the new aem that claims 8hp. also installing motor mounts soon so it should hook even better
I don't think light weight seats will help put you in 14's. Also 2.5 without cat, or anything providing some back pressure will hurt you more.

you would be better off going on a diet and running on empty.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

i haven't been on a 1/4 mile track as yet but i did a 9.987 @ 70MPH on a 1/8 track.

i was all stock fresh out of the showroom with no options.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by digndoug

I don't think light weight seats will help put you in 14's. Also 2.5 without cat, or anything providing some back pressure will hurt you more.

yeah i didn't ,ean that just the seats were going to make me faster, i was saying the seats along with other stuff...i know just the seats wont help, but its not like im far off from that mark to start with, ran 5 passes and the slowest was a 15.5 and that was cause i missed a gear. the 2.5 is there for the upcoming mods, and it only hurts on the low end, i pull harder on the top cause thats where hp comes in to play. so in the quater we will just wait and see just how bad it affects me. im actually installing a bigger res to knock down some more of the rasp, so it might create alittle more back pressure, but as for now its winter time so im just saving up and thinking of what to get next. but from messing with the same friends on the highway, i pull them harder with the exhaust then before.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by weeloTC

yeah i didn't ,ean that just the seats were going to make me faster, i was saying the seats along with other stuff...i know just the seats wont help, but its not like im far off from that mark to start with, ran 5 passes and the slowest was a 15.5 and that was cause i missed a gear. the 2.5 is there for the upcoming mods, and it only hurts on the low end, i pull harder on the top cause thats where hp comes in to play. so in the quater we will just wait and see just how bad it affects me. im actually installing a bigger res to knock down some more of the rasp, so it might create alittle more back pressure, but as for now its winter time so im just saving up and thinking of what to get next. but from messing with the same friends on the highway, i pull them harder with the exhaust then before.
I'm in the same boat as you. I have the MMW header s-pipe. I had a high flow cat, 18" resonator and a muffler (all magnaflow) i removed the cat and def messed up the curve/feeling a little. also very loud. I also had a flex pipe which i removed.

This coming weekend I am going to put back in the high flow cat, and add another 18" resonator. (so that will give me 2 18")

Hopefully it makes a dif. From what I have seen, people N/A that have high flow cat one larger or two mid length resonators and decent muffler have higher numbers.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

yeah, im not sure if i want to by another aero or just install a magnaflow resonator, was even thinking of getting rid of the hks muffler and adding a magnaflow, i like the look of the hks but its just too loud, got to talk to my exhaust guy sometime this week and see what he thinks will be best, is your whole system custom, if so post a pic, im trying to get ideas of what i want to do.

i might end up adding a highflow cat, but i want to run the car first to see if my numbers have suffered before adding anything to it, but soon i wont be all motor, im planning on spraying a 65 shot to the car and seeing where that takes me. almost every car i have owned has had nitrous except this one.....but then again i have always had camaros and mustangs except for a 2nd gen teggy that i was spraying a 50 shot to, it was just a ls 1.8 and everyone told me not to go to a 2.25 full exhaust but on the gas it loved it, so thats what i was thinking when i had this exhaust built
Old 12-30-2008, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

heres some quick pics of mine. i used the hks axle back but had the shop remove the flange so it was more solid, the way they do mandrel bent here is they order 180* pieces and cut the bend out they need then weld it in, i like it cause it looks more high-tech...haha, like some sort of prototype piece, but im thinking of installing a magnaflow muffler and tuck it where the stock muffler was with a small turn down tip so you hardly see anything, i dont even want a little tip sticking out

Old 12-30-2008, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rrimportracer
Originally Posted by InfiniteVisi0n
I did low 13 with a bone stock tC, even got the slip to prove it
prove it!
Prolly meant in the 1/8
Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCizzler
prove it!
Prolly meant in the 1/8
i say that's his 0-60 ft. automatic tranny
Old 12-31-2008, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Slikk
i haven't been on a 1/4 mile track as yet but i did a 9.987 @ 70MPH on a 1/8 track.

i was all stock fresh out of the showroom with no options.
i call BS
no way that happened
Old 12-31-2008, 04:44 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by RCZDesigns
Why bother taking stuff out of the car to try to squeek a tenth out of it?

I'll just run what I drive on the street, then subract a tenth for every hundred pounds I can shed off the car from misc interior stuff, then brag about THAT time. :D
thats whats up man. i wouldnt bother with mine cuz my audio set up weighs so damn much and my xxr rims are heavy to.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by ESEMRFOZZ13
prove it!
Prolly meant in the 1/8
thats what you are haha I felt like I responded to this retard quote yesterday but it just didnt show up. Any who I was just kidding, but it is possible to run 13s. All you have to do is remove everything possible from your tC, run super slicks, super high octane fuel, great driver, and near perfect weather conditions.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

prove it!
Prolly meant in the 1/8
thats what you are haha I felt like I responded to this retard quote yesterday but it just didnt show up. Any who I was just kidding, but it is possible to run 13s. All you have to do is remove everything possible from your tC, run super slicks, super high octane fuel, great driver, and near perfect weather conditions.
So your saying dropping 150lbs of plastic and seats and my car will be running 13's. Hot Damn..

Wait was I supposed to remove the engine and wheels too? I'm confused
Old 12-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned
SL Member

prove it!
Prolly meant in the 1/8
So your saying dropping 150lbs of plastic and seats and my car will be running 13's. Hot Damn..

Wait was I supposed to remove the engine and wheels too? I'm confused
heck yea, everything possible..lol the taillights, headlights, mirrors, and etc. Just run things that are useful and functional.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

prove it!
Prolly meant in the 1/8
the only way to see that is if it's down a cliff.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

0-60 9.76
60' 2.98
330' 7.61
1/8 11.40
1000' 14.65
1/4 17.40

Max Speed 82.7

Automatic '08 with a K&N drop in filter.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

strup header, custom exhaust, Ebay CAI, doc I STS, bald neo gen tires

15.039@96 I believe was the speed ill have to find the timeslip when I get home to verify
Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

96 sounds more like a nitrous pass. Unless ur 60' was like a 2.70. By the way what is your time on the bottle. I got mine all hooked up and some friends are heading to Memphis in a few weeks to run them. Just wondering what I might see ad far a numbers when spraying

Quick Reply: Whats Your Fastest N/A Time in the 1/4 Mile