Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

World motorsports and descendant Throttle tune is Great!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This picture should help explain how the unit works...

Name:  HAC_t02e.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  14.8 KB
Old 06-23-2009, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay but can you explain what you are doing to the signal with the HAC unit?

maybe this entire 'brain' just adds a DC offset to the APP signal and makes the car feel more responsivei and you're charging 300 bucks for something anyone can throw togeter without a fancy box for 10 bucks
Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
maybe this entire 'brain' just adds a DC offset to the APP signal and makes the car feel more responsivei and you're charging 300 bucks for something anyone can throw togeter without a fancy box for 10 bucks
LOL...try that and let me know how it works!

Come on, if it was that EZ you already have one right?
Old 06-24-2009, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rob_DESCENDANT
LOL...try that and let me know how it works!

Come on, if it was that EZ you already have one right?
haha well.. whats the theory behind modifying the signal then? give us a little info on whats inside the box so we know we are paying for someones clever work or material cost or something...
Old 06-24-2009, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is a great part but i think that 350 is a bit high, especially for this exact one. it seems like "brm" is a company that makes these controllers and word deescendant just went in and made a harness to make it work for the tc. i am in no way trying to bash on anyone here, rather i am trying to make a point.

you can get the blitz throttle controller for the same price and the blitz one has a digital display which i think it alot more appealing. and blitz has been around for a while. if the price of this was about 100 bucks less i would be all over it. but if its going to cost the same as the blitz, im going to go with blitz. just my .02
Old 06-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This item is a great component and is worth every penny to the customers who have made an investment in the product.

If anyone has questions please feel free to contact us.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ah i didnt know blitz had one of these... at least they provide charts of the theory behind the modification of the signal

http://www.velocityfactor.net/wwwroo...idproduct=3604

this kind of 'controller' is NOT worth $300 and can easily be made by anyone with some knowledge of DC circuits HA!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also, does anyone really think its worth 300+ dollars to change how the car thinks where your foot is differently...

i mean cmon.. just press the pedal in a different way to replicate what this box does to your car and thats FREE
Old 06-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also, does anyone really think its worth 300+ dollars to change how the car thinks where your foot is differently...

i mean cmon.. just press the pedal in a different way to replicate what this box does to your car and thats FREE
well IMO...you get what you pay for & when you fry the wiring harness in your car trying to prove a point you'll know what I mean.

Good luck,
Old 06-25-2009, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I may have to look into picking one of these up.

Sure, someone on here might be able to build one, but it isn't going to be plug and play and it isn't going to be tried and tested. With World Racing, you know you are getting tried and tested quality products when you buy anything from them.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its about response, you can push the pedal to the floor as hard as you want, but it still won't have great response because of the electronic throttle. When you put the throttle controller in from World Motorsports that delay in the pedal is gone period. When I hit my pedal now I can feel the car accelerate hard, its like a cable.

You can complain and question it all you want, but it works and until you try it you shouldn't knock it. This product is a good Japanese product and is well worth the money. You have to pay to get good quality products and now a days it is hard to find quality. World Motorsports is one of the few companies out there that actually uses there products on there cars. I have other products from them and they have all been grade A and they provide great customer service. Bottom line is these guys know what there doing, they have great ideas and make some off the best products out there for the tC.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iowa_TC1

Its about response, you can push the pedal to the floor as hard as you want, but it still won't have great response because of the electronic throttle. When you put the throttle controller in from World Motorsports that delay in the pedal is gone period. When I hit my pedal now I can feel the car accelerate hard, its like a cable.

You can complain and question it all you want, but it works and until you try it you shouldn't knock it. This product is a good Japanese product and is well worth the money. You have to pay to get good quality products and now a days it is hard to find quality. World Motorsports is one of the few companies out there that actually uses there products on there cars. I have other products from them and they have all been grade A and they provide great customer service. Bottom line is these guys know what there doing, they have great ideas and make some off the best products out there for the tC.
dude...

you press the pedal in your car and it changes a resistance between some wires, the car can only understand a certain range of input voltages as the signal to open the TB plate a certain amount.. this box takes in the signal from the pedal, modifies it, sends it to the ECU to 'trick' it into thinking the pedal is somewhere else... for THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS

now, how about you just actually PRESS THE PEDAL TO THE ACTUAL POSITION and get THE SAME DAMN 'RESPONSE' FOR FREE...

f*ck you people can be stupid sometimes.. dont fall for gimmicks like this
Old 06-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[/quote]

f*ck you people can be stupid sometimes.. dont fall for gimmicks like this [/quote]

Sure seems like you just want to bash our WORLD-Racing & DESCENDANT products. Do you have any 1st hand experience with our product?

Rob Cardona
WORLD-Motorsports West
2170 W.190th Street
Torrance, CA 90504
p. 310.533.8900
f. 310.533.8160
m. 310.347.2651
Old 06-26-2009, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does Chris Rado use this on his award winning tC? LOL :o)
Old 06-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
does Chris Rado use this on his award winning tC? LOL :o)
lol...no DRIVE BY WIRE in the Time Attack Car.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hehe, you could have just said yes..if you did, Im pretty sure you would have half the people on this site waiting to purchase one
Old 06-26-2009, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude...

you press the pedal in your car and it changes a resistance between some wires, the car can only understand a certain range of input voltages as the signal to open the TB plate a certain amount.. this box takes in the signal from the pedal, modifies it, sends it to the ECU to 'trick' it into thinking the pedal is somewhere else... for THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS

now, how about you just actually PRESS THE PEDAL TO THE ACTUAL POSITION and get THE SAME DAMN 'RESPONSE' FOR FREE...

Mike... I think you've made your opinion known at this point. If you don't want to spend your money on it, fine, don't. But if you have some issue with WR/D products, TAKE IT ELSEWHERE.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
dude...

Mike... I think you've made your opinion known at this point. If you don't want to spend your money on it, fine, don't. But if you have some issue with WR/D products, TAKE IT ELSEWHERE.
guys guys guys

its not a problem with the company's products.. what the ____.. i dont even know this company

just listen... ANY box that modifies the signal from the actual pedal to the ECU can only do ONE thing and that's make the car think that the pedal is somewhere else when it is actually not.

in other words, when the pedal is halfway down, this box can make the car think the pedal is floored.... IS THAT WORTH 300 DOLLARS TO YOU PEOPLE!?!?

jUST PRESS THE PEDAL ALL THE WAY DOWN!

damn.. im sure this is a fine company and they make legit products and that this box does what it claims to do.. but you have to realize that what it does is not worth buying.

THIS IS MY ADVICE TO YOU AND YOU SHOULD TAKE IT BECAUSE IF YOU WERE SMART YOU WOULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD IT ON YOUR OWN

(i have no problems with this company, i have never dealt with them or seen any of their prodcuts)
Old 06-26-2009, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and this isnt my 'opinion'

i am stating the facts and limitations of this sort of controller and making them as clear as possible for non-engineer types so that you guys understand that it is WORTHLESS
Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here guys i found this post on another forum regarding "throttle controllers" ...

The line between this "high science" and placebo effect is where my concern is on this item. And being that electronics engineering and technology are areas I carry two degrees in.. I can speak from the science side (as a disclaimer so I dont get the mouthy talk of being ignorant ).

The ECU reads a signal from a pot on the throttle control (the pedal) then, through its process controls the throttle body. This means that a system like this can only do one of two things:

A) Exaggerate or dull the response from the pedal to the ECU
B) Exaggerate or dull the response from the ECU to the throttle body

I believe the blitz does A. So while this may replace modulating your right foot a bit.. which maybe some may like, it can do nothing more than that. It is still not replacing the control system in the ECU nor the pot at the pedal.. or even the mechanical link between your foot and the pot, so it cant read your mind or make anything in the system react more quickly.
thanks engifineer i couldnt have put it better myself!

Quick Reply: World motorsports and descendant Throttle tune is Great!