Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ZPI cat back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default ZPI cat back exhaust

Im looking into the zpi cat back for my car. Im N/A right now and i just seem to like the way it looks. I dont have a header or s pipe either. My question is does anyone have the same setup ie; just the zpi catback on there car, and if you do how does it sound, do you have a video? I dont mind how it it sounds with a header and spipe at all but i was wondering if you were running the stock header and s pipe would it be deeper sounding than the video zpi posted or what?

Thanks
Jay
Old 12-06-2005, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Nobody? Oh well thanks anyway.

Jay
Old 12-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Banned
SL Member

I'm not sure which car the video was.. If it was our silver car, i know it didn't have a header on it.

I think the exhaust sounds good on the N/A car, I wouldn't mistake it for a civic... but it sounds even better on a turbo car. :D :bigthumb:
Old 12-06-2005, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The video car was a flint mica, the video it backing out of the shop looked like in the rain going down the road in first gear. that video. this one : https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ight=zpi+video

Jay
Old 12-06-2005, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Is there anyway you can get a video of the silver one without the header if you can id appreciate it. If not, ill live.

Jay
Old 12-07-2005, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I have the ZPI exhaust with only a K&N drop-in filter, no header. I'll see about getting a vid of it but it won't be until this weekend. The only change I made was adding a matching resonator, which made it sound alot tighter, smoother, and eliminated any hint of rasp. I'm very picky about exhaust tone and I absolutely love this setup.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I do raspy as hell.... but once in midrange its ok... but still raspy and loud as hell.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yea platinum if you could post a video id appreciate it, the last thing i want is rasp, iabsolutely cant stand it. I hate how the only exhaust that add power on this car sound like crap and all the good sounding ones are axle backs.

Jay
Old 12-07-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We are very pleased with the way our car sounds. A s-pipe will elminate a lot of the potential "rasp"

Personally i think it sounds great and we get complitments on the system all time how it does not sound like a honda. We are all aware that when we add a header in the mix this changes.

Thanks

-ZPIracing
Old 12-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by SSMtC05
Is there anyway you can get a video of the silver one without the header if you can id appreciate it. If not, ill live.

Jay
Welll.. yeah.. i can do that... It doesn't have a header, but it has gained a turbo recently.. these things just keep happening!!! We leave a brand new car in the garage for a couple hours, and we come back and someone put a bunch of stuff under the hood!!

Unheard of!!! Mulligan.

In all seriousness, I wish I could give you a video, but it's got a turbo now.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Theres just something about the looks of the exhaust that i just really like and im totally afraid of laying out the money for it and putting on my car to only have it wind up being loud abnoxious and raspy. dont know if its just me or what. I mean i really want an exhaust but i dont want it too loud i want to keep it kind f subdued. And i really dont like the racer look of the HKS, and i dont like the stock look of the greddy sp2 system or whatever it is, or some of the other stock looking systems. Im just really partial to the looks of the zpi. And i dont plan on putting a header on my car just the catback so i just want a nice semi deep tone that isnt too loud with nice looks. I dont know maybe im too picky .

Jay
Old 12-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

Oh, we totally understand.. Wish there was more I could do for you..
Old 12-07-2005, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Maybe ill just order it, but it will be after christmas anyway. For now ill just keep debating and hoping for a sound clip lol. Thanks for the help everyone.

Jay
Old 12-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Banned
SL Member

Well, if we do any installs on NA cars between now and then, I'll get some clips for you..
Old 12-07-2005, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thanks i appreciate it.

Jay
Old 12-07-2005, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good god my exhaust looks alot like the zpi lol i did min my self in my garage using mandrel bent pipe cutting to get the angles i needed and ill tell you when ppl see exhasuts with this kind of angle and the muffler showing cocked like that but not sticking out like a fart can on a eclipse they love it. it adds style but without sticking out to mutch and looking retarted
Old 12-08-2005, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by nester
Originally Posted by SSMtC05

Jay
Welll.. yeah.. i can do that... It doesn't have a header, but it has gained a turbo recently.. these things just keep happening!!! We leave a brand new car in the garage for a couple hours, and we come back and someone put a bunch of stuff under the hood!!

Unheard of!!! Mulligan.

In all seriousness, I wish I could give you a video, but it's got a turbo now.
i'll trade you my header for your turbo, come on, it's a fair trade lol
Old 12-08-2005, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by nester
Well, if we do any installs on NA cars between now and then, I'll get some clips for you..

If it's a sound byte they want, When we get up to KY (plan on it next weekend if possible) then Kenny can install it on our new BSP to get a sound test for them. I'm all stock as you know Nester.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

That would be awesome, would you be buying it for your new tc rythm or just testing it for me? Id like to still hear a clip im probably annoying by now.

Jay
Old 12-08-2005, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have it installed with stock header and ZPI s-pipe it sounds amazing. Pretty much what you hear in the video.

Quick Reply: ZPI cat back exhaust