Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

*** Looking to do a 450-500whp Turbo Build..06 TC***

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 10:26 PM

Default *** Looking to do a 450-500whp Turbo Build..06 TC***

Alright guys, im new to the scion thing. This build is for my fiancées car, and she wants do a turbo build. Goal is to be between 450-500whp, and to keep it simple. Im new to this 4cyl scion stuff...im a domestic v8 guy, and Im just seeing what would be needed to get this goal accomplished in these cars. Im looking to get another engine to do this build with...so she can keep driving the car in the mean time. What machine work would be needed? Enternals? Cams? Maybe a nice gt35r turbo?? something alone those lines. Fuel upgrades?? Just keep the ideas coming and give me a good run down of what these cars would need. Thanks a bunch guys, Jeff.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by themutt93
Alright guys, im new to the scion thing. This build is for my fiancées car, and she wants do a turbo build. Goal is to be between 450-500whp, and to keep it simple. Im new to this 4cyl scion stuff...im a domestic v8 guy, and Im just seeing what would be needed to get this goal accomplished in these cars. Im looking to get another engine to do this build with...so she can keep driving the car in the mean time. What machine work would be needed? Enternals? Cams? Maybe a nice gt35r turbo?? something alone those lines. Fuel upgrades?? Just keep the ideas coming and give me a good run down of what these cars would need. Thanks a bunch guys, Jeff.
Built bottom end is a must (e.g. Wiseco pistons, K-1 Rods)

Headan be bone stock and get you 400 w/built bottom end w/GT35r. If you're looking to do 500+ I would get PnP job, 3 angle valve job, BC Stage 2 cams, BC Valves, BC springs & retainers.

Fuel Upgrades: Fuel Pump (e.g. DW301), fuel return system, Injectors (Depends on your hp goal...I'd say 750cc's)

Turbo kit: Dezod or Ptuning

Tranny: LSD...the stock open diff won't like 400hp.

Thats just a few things off the top of my head.....
Old 06-25-2013, 12:36 AM

Thanks for the response. Im sure she would be happy with 450 lol price range, what am i looking at??
Old 06-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by themutt93
Thanks for the response. Im sure she would be happy with 450 lol price range, what am i looking at??
Estimate, between all mods and kit, around $10-15K
Old 06-27-2013, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default build

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Estimate, between all mods and kit, around $10-15K
yup... Ive invested about 15k on my scion tc , over the years,, with out regret, .. keep in mind, just in parts, labor was all done in house.. People might think its foolish but, we only live once and if your able to have fun in your life time then why not,, i think we all work hard for our money so why not spend it foolishly. LOL.. But then again most of us had trial and error on our builds .. they cost us thousands.... so if your thinking of building up your first and willing to drop bank,, than i suggest you use the search button,, or take all the advise.. from Paul.. and dont cut corners.. you'll save thousands... with the most reliable product , service and tech support , hands down has to be in Paul Dezod.. after all these years there still here with feed back and support.. and that speaks for it self.. there almost like family... Thanks Paul..
Old 06-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by cmcpride
yup... Ive invested about 15k on my scion tc , over the years,, with out regret, .. keep in mind, just in parts, labor was all done in house.. People might think its foolish but, we only live once and if your able to have fun in your life time then why not,, i think we all work hard for our money so why not spend it foolishly. LOL.. But then again most of us had trial and error on our builds .. they cost us thousands.... so if your thinking of building up your first and willing to drop bank,, than i suggest you use the search button,, or take all the advise.. from Paul.. and dont cut corners.. you'll save thousands... with the most reliable product , service and tech support , hands down has to be in Paul Dezod.. after all these years there still here with feed back and support.. and that speaks for it self.. there almost like family... Thanks Paul..
Truth, truth and thruth. Thanks much for the kind words. I do believe it speaks volumes as well.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what these cars will need
1. money
2. patience
3. a DD
4. quality parts
5. quality mechanic
6. quality tune
7. quality advise
8. Research A lot
Old 07-11-2013, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you have the money for this, more power to you, but why does she want that much power? If you are 22, she is probably around the same age and with that kind of power, you could be sending her to her final rest bed faster than she should.

This car doesn't need that much power to spin the wheels and that kind of power is only good for going in a straight line for this lightweight FWD car.

Just things to consider. Good luck with your plans. I suggest keeping it at 300 or lower for a daily (no disrespect to those who do more).