Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

[url]www.DESCENDANT-racing.com[/url]

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hrmm on the site it says the intake manifold can have a cable activated throttle body added? Details please! I know this has nothing to do with the turbo kit but how much does removing the dbw system run? What does this modification entail?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:41 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Intake Manifold

Call me at the shop and I'll give you all the details on the Intake manifold & throttle body conversion kit. Here's a little sneak peak...
Old 02-19-2009, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hmm carb legal sounds good!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much for that tb ? can it be used on stock intake ?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The throttle body pictured in the thread above runs $250 but it is a full racing upgrade that requires our DESCENDANT Scion tC T.B. cable conversion. This system is designed for a car running a standalone engine management that eliminates your OEM drive by wire system.

Anyways...at this time the only performance product we manufacture for the stock throttle body & intake manifold combo is our DESCENDANT Billet Aluminum Velocity Plenum. This performance upgrade for the Scion tC works with any intake system and is CNC machined for a precision fit and also includes a 1/8npt vacuum port which can be used for boost gauge's or nitrous injection. The kit comes with all the required hardware & step by step instructions for EZ bolt-on install! Here is a picture:

I'll be posting more pics & info here on SCIONLIFE in the days to come but if anyone has questions please feel free to contact us at the shop. We can gladly answer any questions you have.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by youngflyer
so basically your paying for the name?

its the same thing as spending 3k on a set of baller wheels that do the same thing as cheap wheels. people are gonna spend 6k on a baller,quality turbo kit instead of a ebay kit.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Coming from a kid that is in the turbo market i have to say that this kit is way far too expensive.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks everyone for the support! we know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we are proud to stick to our motto! The prices I listed are the retail prices however you can contact any of our authorized dealers which are set up on the East & West coast and work out pricing with them.

As for the 2008 -2009 Scion xB DESCENDANT Turbo kit we will have kits in stock at the end of the month. PM or email me for more details & pictures!

Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

cleaned..up and be nice
Old 02-20-2009, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

pleas stay on topic
Old 02-20-2009, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

LOL...I say it was on topic (expressing opinions on why the kit is priced the way it is). But hey, to each his own.

I still would like to know an answer to my question. About the manifold being virtually collector-less, and is the internal gate because of that? Thought process/design aspects behind it?

I don't want to assume it was for carb cert, so if the OP says it was, then I'll accept that.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:31 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

collector would essentially be the turbine.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
collector would essentially be the turbine.

Essentially. So, looking for the design/thought aspect behind such. Looking for the OP to chime in.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

About the manifold being virtually collector-less, and is the internal gate because of that? Thought process/design aspects behind it?
Travis-

You are never going to get real answers on why a kit was designed a certain way other than fitment and cost.

Now for some "outside" input: (all speculation of course )

Internal gate:

1. Cost being a factor: The Borg warner turbos cost allot less than Garrett, even with an internal gate.

2. Carb certification- make allot of sense to me. Easier to pass possibly?

3. One less component to worry about. Their is allot that goes into a turbo kit. Anytime you can simplify the process always helps. Plus in all honesty most of the time an internal gate will get the job done. Plus from an "options" standpoint it gives them an upgrade for their other kits.

The manifold design:

this is where allot of the members of this board are not educated enough.

I am not going to write a book, but some bullet points:

Yes a collector is important, but just not any style, shape, height, diamater etc.

ie one diameter is not better than another. A certain height is not better than another and so forth.

Its a balance of things that make a manifold work. ie slowing down the pulces of the motor.

Take this manifold for example:

short collector...very short. But with the runner style and they way they are ran, they are doing the same job as a short runner manifold with a tall collector.

Hope that makes sense.

And to the OP if I said anything that you dont like please let me know and I can change it or delete it.

Just trying to help clear up some things.

Good to see you guys finally promoting the product.

Regards-

Todd
Old 02-20-2009, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand the Carb process takes time, money, and a lot of effort. I still do not see this being worth the money without some more information.

Why are standard hose clamps used vs T-bolt?

Is the turbo at least a ball bearing turbo and what are the exact specifications?

Why use a bpv vs a recirculated bov (a recirculated bov should keep it within carb certification)?

Why not have stainless braided oil feed and return lines?

Other companies i.e. Dezod and TT are using T-bolt clamps standard and bov (they will recirculate them if you want), and are using stainless braided lines.

Was the internal wastegate used due to the small turbo size (external with recirculated dump can still be carb legal. )?

Is you post some better pictures and give more details then it would help a little to justify the price. These upgrades you mentioned I didn't see them available on your website during checkout.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

just went to the site to and couldnt find any info either on some of the upgrades. And r the upgrades included in the Bolt-n-Go price or is it added to the $6495...
Old 02-21-2009, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lifetime warranty and possibly CARB legal equal Will the intercooler piping clear the bumper for APT/VRD fogs? it looks like it will but i can't tell....
Old 02-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hello again everyone…
I wanted to answer some of the questions I saw posted in the thread before it was edited. If I leave anything out or if anyone has any other questions please feel free to contact me or any of us here at WORLD-motorsports and we will gladly help out as much as possible.
1. Yes…all of our products are made here in the USA, in-house thru our WORLD-motorsports EAST & WEST Racing Facilities. All fabricated DESCENDANT products carry a lifetime warranty and are designed in house to insure the highest quality fit & finish.

2. The DESCENDANT turbo kit comes with a high-quality stainless steel, style HSS worm gear clamp that was specifically chosen to match our bead-rolled aluminum intercooler / intake tubes & our silicone coupler combination. This insures that our customers have a product that will not fail or damage from over tightening which can typically be the case when using t-bolt clamps to tighten lite-weight aluminum tubing.

3. The DESCENDANT turbo kit comes with an elaborate oiling system that was designed using TRD & GOODRIDGE racing components. The kit includes the TRD 2azfe race-oil pan & gasket and the -4AN oil feed fitting which are OEM replacement parts directly from Toyota. The oil lines included are manufactured by GOODRIDGE USA who designed the DESCENDANT system to meet all OEM Toyota quality standards.

http://goodridge.net/

4. The DESCENDANT turbo kit comes with a BullsEye Power Turbocharger unit. These turbocharger units utilize BorgWarner components and come with a 1 year warranty. BullsEye Power also helps us power our WORLD-Racing Pro-FWD Scion tC & the WORLD-Racing Unlimited FWD Time Attack Scion tC racecars. The turbocharger they manufacture for our drag Scion tC creates over 70psi of boost and helps us run low 7 second quarter mile passes at over 195 mph. The turbocharger designed for our Time Attack Scion tC put down over 700WHP at 40psi and helped power us to our 1st national championship in the 2008 Redline Unlimited FWD class.

http://www.bullseyepower.com/

5. Dyno sheets…these are WORLD-Motorsports dyno sheets that come directly from our WORLD-Motorsports East dyno-lap. There we have a fully enclosed dyno lab where we have been testing the DESCENDANT Scion tC turbo kit & the new Scion xB kits for the past several years. Below I have broken down the dyno sheets posted. If you have any questions once again, please feel free to contact us.

This is the most recent Dyno sheet we have which is of our 2009 Scion xB test mule which is 100% stock other than the DESCENDANT “BOLT-ON & GO” Turbo kit. At 8psi plumbed thru the OEM Air Box & using our “bolt-on” OBD2+ CARB approved turbo down pipe this 2azfe puts out over 280WHP in total daily driver form!

This second dyno sheet belongs to one of WORLD-Motorsports several Scion tC test & R&D mules. This car is equipment with the same DESCEDANT Scion tC “BOLT-ON & GO” Turbo kit however it’s been upgraded with our DESCENDANT “Power-Up” package. The DESCENDANT “Power-Up” package consists of 4 main components & all the hardware for installation. With this package our customers can squeeze an extra 75+WHP from their “BOLT-ON & GO” Turbo kit by installing these simple upgrades. The “Power-Up” package comes with our 3” S.S. Downpipe, a High-Flo Race Air-Intake system which utilizes all the OEM Toyota sensors, a bolt on fuel system upgrade that includes a 255L pump & DESCENDANT Fuel Rail & our WORLD-electronics BD1 “Boost ****” electronic controller. All these items will be posted on our website in the next couple weeks but for now if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at the shop.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That helps answer some questions what is the exact turbo specs a/r's and trims? That manifold looks really nice! The only thing I would offer for people not worried about carb certification is a bov instead of a bpv and a external wastegate that can be recirculated.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hear you about the CARB stuff however from SEMA’s research 5 other states in the continental USA are all currently considering the same California Air Research Board’s (C.A.R.B.) guidelines for emission standards in their states. So, although it is only mandatory for enthusiasts who live in California now…that might not be the case a year from now. Either way all the components on the DESCENDANT Turbo kit are upgradable from street to strip or ALL RACE!

Quick Reply: [url]www.DESCENDANT-racing.com[/url]