Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

2 Sales -- Which one should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I would go with Dezod simply because of what they contribute to the Scion community. Like someone said earlier in this thread, is Turbochargers.com on here every day helping out members and letting people know what they are developing? Not that I have seen. I have had nothing but amazing luck with Dezod and will continue to support them.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by THansenite
I would go with Dezod simply because of what they contribute to the Scion community. Like someone said earlier in this thread, is Turbochargers.com on here every day helping out members and letting people know what they are developing? Not that I have seen. I have had nothing but amazing luck with Dezod and will continue to support them.
I was going to make the same point about Dezod being on here giving help. They helped me a ton, even though I was running a TT kit, same as PTuning.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
iirc dezod is just as plug and play as turbonetics.

etiher way Dezod has 100x better customer service, and their product is better, again imo. they have proven themselves more on this forum then turbonetics (yes i knot Tnetics has been around longer, but how often do you see their support?)
Dezod is great, but I think for the drop in and forget types, the Turbonetics kit is a bit better. It's quiet smooth and basically drives like stock. The Unichip works great witht the stock ECU and won't blow up even if you put crappy gas in it. The turbo is responsive and now that it's water cooled it should last for the life of the car.

Not to mention, I have always been partial to the Unichip. I hear all sorts of problems with the e-manage and FIC and to me, the Unichip is a better unit.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcengel

etiher way Dezod has 100x better customer service, and their product is better, again imo. they have proven themselves more on this forum then turbonetics (yes i knot Tnetics has been around longer, but how often do you see their support?)
Dezod is great, but I think for the drop in and forget types, the Turbonetics kit is a bit better. It's quiet smooth and basically drives like stock. The Unichip works great witht the stock ECU and won't blow up even if you put crappy gas in it. The turbo is responsive and now that it's water cooled it should last for the life of the car.

Not to mention, I have always been partial to the Unichip. I hear all sorts of problems with the e-manage and FIC and to me, the Unichip is a better unit.
There is no such thing as a "drop in and forget about it turbo". Making an N/A car turbo is not an easy feat, but I feel we do it well. The quality of the components is there for sure. With respect to driveability, have you ever driven in a well tuned Dezod car? I can assure you it is a an awesome experience with the power delivery. Driveability, is 80% tuner based, and 20% kit based. The tuner can make all the difference in the world. Ask someone like Jarrod on here noskatana, whom I tuned last month. He can atest:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...239747&start=0
Old 11-26-2008, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I am curious why people say that the Turbonetics kit is so much easier to install than a Dezod kit, or any other decent kit out there. You go through the same steps to install a turbocharger on your car. The install is pretty much the same, only a few of the parts are different.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

have you ever driven in a well tuned Dezod car? I can assure you it is a an awesome experience with the power delivery. https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...239747&start=0
I know a well tuned Dezod kit runs great and yes I have been in one. My point was that the Turbonetics kit is already tuned , no tuning is necesarry at all unless you want to make more power. It's conservative and rich and you can run with an exhaust or whatever without a retune. Therefore, I think it's more drop in friendly.
I may be a little partial to the Unichip. I ran a Unichip for years in my WRX and never had one problem even at 350-400whp.
Not knocking your kit at all, please don't get defensive.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I know a well tuned Dezod kit runs great and yes I have been in one. My point was that the Turbonetics kit is already tuned , no tuning is necesarry at all unless you want to make more power. It's conservative and rich and you can run with an exhaust or whatever without a retune. Therefore, I think it's more drop in friendly.
I may be a little partial to the Unichip. I ran a Unichip for years in my WRX and never had one problem even at 350-400whp.
Not knocking your kit at all, please don't get defensive.
No harm, no foul. None taken.

I am curious why people say that the Turbonetics kit is so much easier to install than a Dezod kit, or any other decent kit out there. You go through the same steps to install a turbocharger on your car. The install is pretty much the same, only a few of the parts are different.
Yes all of the parts are gonna be about the same regardless of manufacturer.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think the kid could go wrong with either kit honestly.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only part that makes the turbo install hard is if you need to cut the crash bar. As far as I know, that's not necessary on either kit.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Only part that makes the turbo install hard is if you need to cut the crash bar. As far as I know, that's not necessary on either kit.
Not needed in our kit at all. The driver's safety was our #1 priority when the kit was made. We opted NOT to cut it or remove it for that very reason. A track car with a roll cage, different story.........
Old 11-26-2008, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if u wanna see a well run dezod kit go look up noskatana on youtube :D
Old 11-26-2008, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanx but there's a guy around here running a dezod kit on his tC. Maybe Ill ask him for a test drive
Old 11-27-2008, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oII3agIM3L4

Do I hear Paul.. I believe soo, lol..
Old 11-27-2008, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With respect to driveability, have you ever driven in a well tuned Dezod car? I can assure you it is a an awesome experience with the power delivery. Driveability, is 80% tuner based, and 20% kit based. The tuner can make all the difference in the world. Ask someone like Jarrod on here noskatana, whom I tuned last month. He can atest:
paul i am going to need your tuning services very soon how long of a drive is buffalo from philly
Old 11-27-2008, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

double post
Old 12-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oII3agIM3L4

Do I hear Paul.. I believe soo, lol..
Nope I did not say a word on that video. I was in the back seat dead silent. There was 4 of us in that car for that vid too. Funny enough there........
Old 12-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by dave2610
With respect to driveability, have you ever driven in a well tuned Dezod car? I can assure you it is a an awesome experience with the power delivery. Driveability, is 80% tuner based, and 20% kit based. The tuner can make all the difference in the world. Ask someone like Jarrod on here noskatana, whom I tuned last month. He can atest:
paul i am going to need your tuning services very soon how long of a drive is buffalo from philly
Dave, Philly is about 8 hours or so.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not that it matters what i think anymore

But I felt like posting anyways...

Some of your posts just re iterate how far we still have to go as a community.

Go with the Dezod kit. its pretty cut n dry even from a competitors standpoint.(given the options posted)

My reasons:

- THEY SUPPORT THE COMMUNITY

-They have more options than the turbonetics kit.

- your buying a product with more than just manufacturer support (t netics is over it)
if Dezod isnt avail, there are other customers who will be that can help

- Pre tune on the T-netics kit (or any kit is basically BS) if your going to spend the money on a turbo kit get it tuned no matter how good the base tune is....your car will run better having its own tune and you will get a better return on your money.

- the few t-netics kit owners I have dealt with have regretted it.

- THEY SUPPORT THE COMMUNITY

Anyways...

Good luck in your quest....

Regards-

Todd
Old 12-01-2008, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Dezod would get my vote between these two options as well. Their options are a little more robust than that of the Tnetics kit. Tnetics kit is more of a "slap on drive, never do anything else to it again". It does not strike me as a kit that you can "Up the Ante" on.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Thanks for the kind words Travis and Todd.

Quick Reply: 2 Sales -- Which one should I get?