Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

370HP TURBO SCION FOR SALE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default 370HP TURBO SCION FOR SALE!

Check out the info at http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...odel=TC#vdptop
Old 01-23-2006, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

what kinda gauge pod is that
Old 01-23-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why is everyone turbo-ing their car and than selling it? Don't understand. Beautiful car though.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HMMM i wonder why its for sale?..

ID never buy a custom turbo'd car from anyone...unless i was a mechanic.

there must be some problems im sure of it.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by StealthTC414
Why is everyone turbo-ing their car and than selling it? Don't understand. Beautiful car though.
obviosly they are messing the engines up
Old 01-23-2006, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you take those pics with one shoe on because they all look like crooked to me?

Good luck with the sale.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No thanks !!

See I tell people this all the time..once you gone and done all this turbo installing and engine modification, you have transformed the car to the point where the tires, suspention, and prety much its entire structure was not built to support the stress generated by the engine. You take that and then relize that the maintinance for a car like this doubles, you then realize that its not about buying once and thats it.... You have to maintain the car. I bet that car with that horsepower will burn the stock tires in less than 3 months if he drives agressively, and its pretty safe to assume that by what hes done to the car.

Let me waist every peeny I have on it adn then sell it for a 20% value loss.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IbRtC
No thanks !!

See I tell people this all the time..once you gone and done all this turbo installing and engine modification, you have transformed the car to the point where the tires, suspention, and prety much its entire structure was not built to support the stress generated by the engine. You take that and then relize that the maintinance for a car like this doubles, you then realize that its not about buying once and thats it.... You have to maintain the car. I bet that car with that horsepower will burn the stock tires in less than 3 months if he drives agressively, and its pretty safe to assume that by what hes done to the car.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

first off, yes i admit i have driven the car hard, but i cherish my car and therefore that has been done VERY RARELY. Second of all the reason i want to sell the car is because i impulsively bought of all the modifications for the car when i didn't actually have the money and i ended up using my credit card and now have come to the realization that Its gonna take me several years to get rid of my massive debt. About the car having problems, i highly doubt that since i recently had it inspected about a month ago and everything was found to be flawless. If you live in my area, and have a mechanic that u wish to have inspect the car, i will be more than willing to let them check the car. The car has had its oil changed approximately every 2500 miles, and has already gone throught the 5k mile, and 10k mile service at the dealer. If you have any questions, or concerns feel free to email me at Daman9685@bellsouth.net
Old 01-23-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i also forgot to mention that the installation of the turbo and the other components were done at a high end shop, not some rinky dinky shop. I prefered paying alot of money for a well done job than paying very little for a job that most likely be very problematic.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very nice setup.....i cant wait to be boosting...
Old 01-23-2006, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Selling a turbo car is all dependant on what kind of job people do.

If they just slapped on a turbo kit and drove around like they stole it .. yah don't buy it.

If they did the time work and research to safely run boost on thier engine (replaced internal parts and seals/rings, Fuel pump, NOt running too lean with the af, If they didn't have a turbo timer; letting thier turbos spool down by leaving the car running for a couple of minutes b4 turning off the engine)

Basically a turbo on a car that was built to handle turbo and was properly maintained can last a long time, perform better, and have a higher re-sale value.

Personally I would not buy a custom turbo vehicle, but if it was built up to handle forced induction i would.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IbRtC
No thanks !!

perfect.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck with it. I would part it and put it on here and e-bay.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:27 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nice car and good luck with the seel. If you part out I will take the gauge pod and gauges.

(oh and not to bash, you said you rarely drove it hard, but your car domain has a LONG list of kills on it. Thats alot of street racing)
Old 01-23-2006, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Nice car and good luck with the seel. If you part out I will take the gauge pod and gauges.

(oh and not to bash, you said you rarely drove it hard, but your car domain has a LONG list of kills on it. Thats alot of street racing)
I also noticed that....
Old 01-24-2006, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I would part it out but i would lose alot more $ that way due to the fact that i will have to keep the exhaust ($650), clutch + flywheel ($1100). I mean i could probably get $3200 for the kit, and like $1000 for the gauges, emanage, boost controller and turbo timer best case scenario since the stuff is used. Thats $4200... and not worth it to me. I rather keep the car and have the hassle of having to pay alot of money for something i like than get stuck with less debt and a lifeless car.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is this the only other Scion Speed car.....?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yes as far as i know
Old 01-24-2006, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simez2003
i also forgot to mention that the installation of the turbo and the other components were done at a high end shop, not some rinky dinky shop. I prefered paying alot of money for a well done job than paying very little for a job that most likely be very problematic.
Im sorry to say but scionspeed has no reputation for the HIGH END shop that you say. Give it that I did like the turbos at one point, however, that was before peoples engines started to blow and and SS cuting corners. Now if this was a ZPI turboed car, then i might consider it, but i just dont trust anything SS puts there hands on anymore. This is just my oppinion, dont take it offensive.

Quick Reply: 370HP TURBO SCION FOR SALE!