Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

370HP TURBO SCION FOR SALE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I did not have it installed at Scionspeed...
Old 01-24-2006, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice car, sucks you have to let it go. GL with selling it as a whole, you will end up losing a LOT of money.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry bro but selling scionspeed stuff here is like sellin Third Reich memorabilia to a Jewish community center…
Old 01-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Banned
SL Member

whys every 1 bashing this guy. Jus trying to sell his car. nice car and gluck with the sale.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

such a nice car. good luck
Old 01-24-2006, 11:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is that the car in the SRT vs tC Video or was that a ZPI?
Old 01-24-2006, 12:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ZPI bro. They are the only people on this board with SRT-4 kill vids.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK I wasn't sure and I wasn't about to search out the video agani to find out, thanks.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that was this car

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/gallery/06turbotc
Old 01-25-2006, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I had a buddy with a sweet 400 horse supra turbo. He had a nice long list of kills and some great street races to his name. But.... After a valve started tapping some and there were what appeared to be a small crack in his block (from racing and 12 pounds of boost) he used a block filler and heavy oil, just long enough to sell the car. He used the same "Im in over my head with payments" and the ever popular "just had a kid" excuses. I will bed that the car completely crapped out 1000 miles after he sold it.

I personally find it hard to believe that a person would put this much time/money into making such a sweet ride, only to sell it. Thats why most of us start out small and work over time. I suspect a problem of sorts. But, just my opinion.

If you ever need a more believable excuse for selling a fast car try the "got too many tickets and cannot afford the inscurance."
Old 01-25-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing

yeah, the SRT-4 killer.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jakedudeta
I had a buddy with a sweet 400 horse supra turbo. He had a nice long list of kills and some great street races to his name. But.... After a valve started tapping some and there were what appeared to be a small crack in his block (from racing and 12 pounds of boost) he used a block filler and heavy oil, just long enough to sell the car. He used the same "Im in over my head with payments" and the ever popular "just had a kid" excuses. I will bed that the car completely crapped out 1000 miles after he sold it.

I personally find it hard to believe that a person would put this much time/money into making such a sweet ride, only to sell it. Thats why most of us start out small and work over time. I suspect a problem of sorts. But, just my opinion.

If you ever need a more believable excuse for selling a fast car try the "got too many tickets and cannot afford the inscurance."

That's the reason why I would never buy a modded Supra. Only a stock one.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Lol i could post a picture of my credit card bill... would that make u believe me ? But then again u could come back with the argument that its not mine. Realistically there is no way i can prove anything, and thats ok. Skepticism is healthy in my opinion and will most likely help u in alot of situations. Yes u will NEVER know for certain my car is not gonna break down the moment you get it, just as you will never know 100% certainly that buying a brand new car isnt defective and break down on u and gets u killed.... Life is filled with uncertaintities... All i can guarantee is that as of now my car has no VISIBLE OR KNOWN signs of any malfunction that either I or the mechanic that inspected it could find. So if u wish to be skeptic and assume that my car has problems thats ok, and i completely understand, however there is no reason to post those thoughts here because im pretty sure that those same thoughts are gonna cross the guy whos intending to buy the cars mind as well. The difference is either hes confident and has faith that the car is going to be ok or he thinks he might encounter some problems and IS WILLING to deal with them if need be. Therefore, thanks for your input, i dont believe its necessary, but if u feel it is and dont mind spending the time writing it then feel free to. Take care guys
Old 01-25-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Lol i could post a picture of my credit card bill... would that make u believe me ? But then again u could come back with the argument that its not mine. Realistically there is no way i can prove anything, and thats ok. Skepticism is healthy in my opinion and will most likely help u in alot of situations. Yes u will NEVER know for certain my car is not gonna break down the moment you get it, just as you will never know 100% certainly that buying a brand new car isnt defective and break down on u and gets u killed.... Life is filled with uncertaintities... All i can guarantee is that as of now my car has no VISIBLE OR KNOWN signs of any malfunction that either I or the mechanic that inspected it could find. So if u wish to be skeptic and assume that my car has problems thats ok, and i completely understand, however there is no reason to post those thoughts here because im pretty sure that those same thoughts are gonna cross the guy whos intending to buy the cars mind as well. The difference is either hes confident and has faith that the car is going to be ok or he thinks he might encounter some problems and IS WILLING to deal with them if need be. Therefore, thanks for your input, i dont believe its necessary, but if u feel it is and dont mind spending the time writing it then feel free to. Take care guys
Old 01-26-2006, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I was not trying to bust your chops man. I think that you have a really sweet ride and my hat is off to you. You almost have to agree with me thought, that when a car with a bunch of after marked mods for hi-performance goes up for sale that should be a red flag. I just wanted to share my "buyer beware" feelings on this.

I will share another story about buying any used car. I had another buddy with a WRX, which as we all know is a pretty sweet ride. I live in Montana, which gets cold as hell. Well this dude would go out in the morning when it had been 30 below zero the night before and start his car up and immediately drive. After a few months of this abuse the turbo began to lag and make odd noises. Appatently the stress/heat of going from cold to hot in seconds over and over again essentially ruined the turbo. Now, luckily for my pal this was a warranty issue, but it goes to show you that whith any forced induction set-up great care is needed (above and beyond normal) and the possibility for problems, hidden or otherwise exist.

No hard feelings and you do have a sweet car. If I were you I would try to sell a kidney or donate sperm or something and try to keep it (if its in as good of shape as you say). Best of luck to you.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simez2003
I dont mean to be an A$$, but dont lie on here, You said it your self in this post:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...7257249bcbf1ba

" Hey guys i brought my car to Jamasco (Scionspeed) to install my Scionspeed stage 2 turbo this past thursday. I called today to check up on the status on the install and the guy (Alexi) told me the car should be ready to pick up by 6-7pm tonight. "
Old 01-30-2006, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch....
Old 01-30-2006, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Originally Posted by Simez2003
I dont mean to be an A$$, but dont lie on here, You said it your self in this post:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...7257249bcbf1ba

" Hey guys i brought my car to Jamasco (Scionspeed) to install my Scionspeed stage 2 turbo this past thursday. I called today to check up on the status on the install and the guy (Alexi) told me the car should be ready to pick up by 6-7pm tonight. "
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
Old 01-30-2006, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yes i did install the turbo itself there at first (because due to the long wait for the preorder they offered to install it for free). However the same day when I got my car back I was very skeptical about the job they did considering it was free so I immediately took it to a high end shop (Unique motor sports and spoke to Adrian) on the following day. The guy there told me he was extremely busy and it would be a week or two before he could work on my car as well as having a VERY expensive price. Due to the fact that I had a questionable install, as well as having no fuel management (therefore being un-tuned), and since I didn’t have any gauges to monitor anything, I didn’t want to use the car for two weeks and wait on this shop so I called up one of my old buddies, which has a 483whp EvoVIII and asked him about the shop that worked on his car. I’ve seen his car in person and I’ve seen the quality of the work done on his car, and also it had been about 10months since his car had come out of that particular shop after encountering numerous problems due to other shops incompetence. The particular guy that worked on his car (Steve) used to work in a shop called dynamic turbo but had recently left there in order to open his own shop. Seeing his previous work on the EvoVIII I was quite impressed and decided to have him work on my car. As an end result, he inspected the install done by scionspeed (jamasco) and found plenty of leaks, as well as some bolts missing from the wastegate and found that the gaskets being used were pretty much made out of paper. Hearing this I was quite concerned about the install and asked him to dismantle the turbo completely, and install it from scratch, replacing all gaskets, bolts, and other miscellaneous parts. I also had the emanage, turbo timer, boost controller installed there. At the end of all this I was charged $1,200 for the labor, as well as the replacement parts. I have had the car for nearly 5 months, had it inspected about 3 months later and it hasn’t encountered a single problem yet. Sorry for the long story, but it needed to be explained in order to clarify some things. If anything else is unclear, ask me and ill be sure to clarify. I can provide receipts if you REALLY want to verify that im telling the truth.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Whocares05050, for future occassions please don't come to conclusions so quickly without asking some questions first. You accused me of being a liar without knowing the real story... Its like a cop arresting someone and have him sentencied to a long term in prison just because he was the one to find the corpse... Theres always more to a story than what it seems. Hopefully you learned a lesson from this.

Quick Reply: 370HP TURBO SCION FOR SALE!