Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

400hp+ s/c with internals

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 09:36 PM
SL Member

Default 400hp+ s/c with internals

so I've seen "icenine's" topic and I know what mods he has done, but the only internals he has is cam's I'm planing on heads and pistons ect. I'm just wandering what would be a good set of pistons and stiffer rods/valves for my build? sense I'm gonna be spending all this money I might as well do a engine build and do it all right

* so I've decided what I'm gonna do for my build. (read on through the post) and I will keep anyone who is interested up to date on my progress.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching...
Old 05-21-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why are you wasting your time on the s/c to go 300.. it would be alot easier to og turbo.. and less stressful.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:22 PM

^^ Turbo FTW!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:34 PM
SL Member

if I wanted a turdboat then I would have gotten on. and the topic say 300+ so if you don't have anything to aid this topic then please post somewhere else
Old 05-21-2007, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, i'm not an expert but in order to reach 300whp on a super charger, seems like a PnP head to increase the redline and flow better, larger throttle body maybe, upgraded intake manifold, forged rods and pistons to hold more boost, 12lb pulley, lightweight wheels, light weight flywheel, header with a custom header back 2.5 inch exhaust, CAI, EMS of some sort (go all out and get the AEM standalone) and a good ___ tune!!! That would be a sick set up!!

Edit: thats a long sentence!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well with the S/C you will need a better built motor with a higher redline so that you can get more power out of it as well as stronger rods / pistons. The only thing I know of thats "easy" at least for reference is the ZPI stage 3 block, smaller pulley, and fuel upgrades (not to mention fuel management (emanage ultimate, hydra, AEM EMS, etc))

This engine includes but not limited to:

* ZPIracing race rod bearings
* ZPIracing race main bearings
* Scion OEM rear main seal
* Scion OEM head gasket
* ZPIracing ARP head studs
* ZPIracing pistons
* Golden Eagle Sleeves
* 8500+ redline

Power levels up to 650whp

Installation charge at ZPIracing $1,000.00

$1000 Core Charge - Refundable with the return of a good, rebuildable core.
Also headers, S-pipe, Mid pipe... and the pulley could be NST or ZPI, I personally have the NST.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would pistons designed for a turbo setup be effective for a SC setup?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching
Old 05-22-2007, 12:07 AM
SL Member

well I'm wanting to keep the stock motor. so ill probably just get forged rods and a p&p head along with cams greddy ultimate 570cc injectors full 2.5 exhaust MMW headers and light weight fly wheel with stage 2 clutch and LSD
Old 05-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Would pistons designed for a turbo setup be effective for a SC setup?
Its still forced induction, you may not see the full benifits as if you had a turbo but it would be better than normal or N/A type pistons. (more able to handle the additional air)
Old 05-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Curtball
well I'm wanting to keep the stock motor. so ill probably just get forged rods and a p&p head along with cams greddy ultimate 570cc injectors full 2.5 exhaust MMW headers and light weight fly wheel with stage 2 clutch and LSD
I only suggested the engine package due to it being a less expensive alternative ( in my eyes ), but yes you could do the rods, and you would want to replace the pistons... all else is what id recommend too. The LSD is a def good choice, I just had one put into my car.

I also have a an Emanage Ultimate, but its not installed or tuned right now... but if I had to buy again, I think id get a Hydra.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thats not exactly a stock motor, and besides, the stock pistons have to come off when you change the rods so you might as well get new pistons, head studs, and better head gasket while your in there. I would upgrade the valvetrain before you get cams
Old 05-22-2007, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i would personally not run anything lower than stock compression on the supercharger if I still had my car and setup and was looking to build up the motor. Aftermarket 9.6:1 pistons and a set of good rods(nothing overkill...A beams would be good), 12 psi, water/meth injection, full exhaust system, lightweight crank pulley and a custom intake...also change out the flywheel and clutch and get the LSD...that will just help lay the power to the ground. Also anything to increase the redline properly will help gain power...imagine revving out to 8K rpm's with the supercharger continuously making power till you shift
Old 05-22-2007, 09:00 AM
SL Member

hmmm so what do you guys think would be better upgrading the internal or getting a zpi stage 2 oe 3 motor?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:14 AM
SL Member

so sense I figure I won't be breaking 450 hp and I would be very satisfied with 400 ill probably be going with the stage 1 zpi engine and get my heads p&p which is a good $2k difference
Old 05-22-2007, 01:17 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If you are just looking to break the 300WHP mark, you dont need all of this stuff that people are talking about. Yes it is all nice to have, but not neccesary to do. You dont need a new intake manifold, or throttle body, or pictons, or head or anything. Yes it will deffinetly be nicer, but to achieve your goal, you only NEED to add:

Piggyback ECU
12lb pulley
Water/Meth injection
ripmodd Cams
Intake
Header
Spipe
Full exhuast

With a good tune, that is all that is needed to get above 300WHP. Anything more is either a nicety, for longevity, or for more power.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow oximoron in itself
Old 05-22-2007, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
why are you wasting your time on the s/c to go 300.. it would be alot easier to og turbo.. and less stressful.

And stock internals...
Old 05-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
If you are just looking to break the 300WHP mark, you dont need all of this stuff that people are talking about. Yes it is all nice to have, but not neccesary to do. You dont need a new intake manifold, or throttle body, or pictons, or head or anything. Yes it will deffinetly be nicer, but to achieve your goal, you only NEED to add:

Piggyback ECU
12lb pulley
Water/Meth injection
ripmodd Cams
Intake
Header
Spipe
Full exhuast

With a good tune, that is all that is needed to get above 300WHP. Anything more is either a nicety, for longevity, or for more power.
I only suggested the internal parts because he asked for specific internals as the topic of the post, and I assume he would only ask because he wants longevity for the motor.... But yes, those parts could get 300+

Quick Reply: 400hp+ s/c with internals