Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

About Cutting The Crash Bar **Read**

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default About Cutting The Crash Bar **Read**

Whats going on. Dont know if any of you remember or not but I was running with the treadstone turbo kit for my tc. On the 4th I got into an accident cause some drunk ran the stop sign and I hit right into the side of his suv damaging the entire front end of my car. For who knows what reason my insurance company is paying and replacing everything including the turbo kit. But if you dont know already about cutting the crash bar, its a federal law. I never knew this so I'm just droppin this real quick. Guy at the auto body shop said he was amazed that my insurance company ok'd everything to be fixed noticing that the crash bar was cut. He said it was a federal law to not cut the bar which I had no idea about. So the guy was just basically letting me know but he told me he is still willing to fix it all and fabricate the intercooler and pipes that got messed up to where the bar wont have to be cut. Yea some might say it doesnt matter or anything but theres that one chance where some dumbass can cause the accident and you could be in more poop then you thought if you cut the bar. dont know if its just in NY.

Hopefully my car will be done and back on the road mid Jan. but im planning on trading it in for an evo or somethin
Old 12-22-2007, 11:11 PM
SL Member

sorry to hear about the accident. thanks for the info about the crash bar. i hope this doesn't turn into an evo debate, but good choice on another car! i'm glad you're alright.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Good that you are ok man. Last time I checked though, the crash bars are not cut because of intercooler piping. They are cut when the turbo kit's Intercooler itself is to large for it to fit with the crash bar. So, the only people who keep their crash bars, are using intercoolers that are small.