Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

AEM Standalone for the tC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rozz-tC
Originally Posted by etsnet
Dude are you serious? Kenny Strickler is a lair and thief and not so great at tuning. Just search on his old company (ZPI) or his name. T1 would be way better. **** the guy on the street corner with the shakes would be better.
what about sowders car? thats tuned by kenny on hydra and putting up the highest numbers ive seen yet on SL. and i've seen and rode it in so i know its not BS
the higest numbers that i've seen on a 2azfe were 767whp and 617ftlbs. and they were achived by way of an aem standalone. the very same car also produces the lowest track times that i have seen for a turbo 2azfe tc, wich was a 9.9 1/4 mile.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
who is this "sowder" and what kinda numbers is he putting down with the hydra, also what kinda setup is he running?
his sn is jester
Old 03-14-2008, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i said on SL didnt I? either way his car makes sick power on hydra, heres the link.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=139914
Old 03-15-2008, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ohh...where has brian been? Is he livin in the trunk of his car now cause kenny most likely drained his pockets from that 2 year motor/turbo build? lol
Old 03-15-2008, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i said on SL didnt I? either way his car makes sick power on hydra, heres the link.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=139914
he is on sl. heres the link, 8th post down...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...light=#3003822
Old 03-15-2008, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Dude are you serious? Kenny Strickler is a lair and thief and not so great at tuning. Just search on his old company (ZPI) or his name. T1 would be way better. **** the guy on the street corner with the shakes would be better.
what about sowders car? thats tuned by kenny on hydra and putting up the highest numbers ive seen yet on SL. and i've seen and rode it in so i know its not BS
Did Kenny tune it? I was under the impression that he had nothing to do with the car towards the end. If he did sorry to hear that. It still don't mean squat to me except that it's a ticking time bomb. Anyone with a little knowledge, standalone, built motor and and huge turbo will be able to get 500whp. Now if that 500whp will be safe if a different story. Kenny's not the type of tuner to say "I don't want to push it cuz it's not safe" he'll push it as far as possible and if something happens you are SOL.

Jester also doesn't run the car all the time at the 500whp setting from what I remember him saying. Hey, it don't matter to me anymore cuz I said all I could. If someone still wants to trust him after all that crap, then go ahead. Eventually they'll get f*cked up the a$$.

Again, take it to T1 and stay far away from Kenny Strickler.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL so the bashing stays going.... so i see everyone hasn't grown up yet HAHA!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionGT35R
Originally Posted by Mecanica_Pito
Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
hm...but the description says it includes the "'T1 Perfect idle' hardware kit" which I assumed meant you could at least get the car to idle....guess not!
You can, but how in the hell are we gonna have a map for everyone and their set-up? It's impossible. Hence the way we do it.
Paul,
Today I installed the AEM on the 2007 tC RS 3.0 and after I made the accomodations to my injectors and MAP sensor it fired up . Then I began the tuning process and it now idles on its own .....
Pito
Pito, Could you give us an update? How is working that AEM EMS???
The base map that came with the EMS didn't work so I tried a second one that Dezod sent by e-mail and that is the one that worked after I made the needed accommodations!
The car doesn't idle at all if the IAC is disconnected and I don't know why. The Air conditioning didn't worked and I had to hard wire it to the harness and configure it on the software. Apparently the EMS was not tested on the 2007 model!!! The lack of documentation makes things very,very time consuming as I don't have any reference of the harness and where are things connected on the AEM EMS, IF they are connected at all.

Overall the car is running strong at 10 psi and I will be pushing about 18psi by the end of the day as I will be tuning it on the Dyno tonight.

Pito
Old 03-15-2008, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
LOL so the bashing stays going.... so i see everyone hasn't grown up yet HAHA!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mecanica_Pito

The base map that came with the EMS didn't work so I tried a second one that Dezod sent by e-mail and that is the one that worked after I made the needed accommodations!
The car doesn't idle at all if the IAC is disconnected and I don't know why. The Air conditioning didn't worked and I had to hard wire it to the harness and configure it on the software. Apparently the EMS was not tested on the 2007 model!!! The lack of documentation makes things very,very time consuming as I don't have any reference of the harness and where are things connected on the AEM EMS, IF they are connected at all.

Overall the car is running strong at 10 psi and I will be pushing about 18psi by the end of the day as I will be tuning it on the Dyno tonight.

Pito
On the contrary, the EMS was tested on a 2007 track based tC. It was Dan Gardners car pictured here:

The car competes in NASA's PTE & TTE classes along with Grand AM ST ckass as well.

As far as the idle is concerned, that is correct due to the fact that the fuel pump, cam, crank and several other components are stripped from the stock ECU it basically quivers and submits itself to not idling.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bryan06tC
I am in a wierd predicament...... the choice of standalone I have is going to be determined by who can tune it locally for me.... If I get AEM EMS then I could have Tony @ T1 tune my car.... If I go with the Hydra EMS I will have to be tuned by Kenny Strickler..... so I like the HYDRA but what would you guys do in this situation
Well he isnt my first choice at all, but like I said PREDICAMENT, these are the few choices I have in my area of Texas.... But I think AEM is my choice and I know the rep that Tony has..... AEM Ems worries me not with Tony being local
Old 03-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Yes, Tony will definitely take care of you....