Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Calling ALL Greddy and Dezod users

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by ucyib2papi
Originally Posted by avus
forget the GReddy kit

from incorrect wiring directions, to the most recent problem of a bad internal wastegate that GReddy won't acknowledge as being defective, this kit has been nothing but problems for a friend's tC
<----said friend.

paul at dezod is so good, he has been answering questions for my car w/ the greddy kit since i got it. U DA MONSTER!

i guess the positive w/ the greddy kit i have is that the turbo spools, i think thats it.
in the end, do u want cheaper or less expensive. i wanted less expensive and ended up getting cheaper. for more reading, i had to spend money sending the emanage back cuz it didnt work using their diagram, they said it worked, i got it back it did not, bought the pnp harness, it worked. now i have to get an external wastegate so some more moding being done. i guess what im really tryind to say is... does dezod have pistons and rods, and injectors . i mean, dezod has better knowledge and customer service than the other guys

We have anything and everything you need for your 2AZ!

Did you order the TiAL 38mm from me this afternoon?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, I have a dilemma. I have a friend that can get me a Greddy kit with E-Manage Ultimate with 550cc injectors for $3,340. And Dezod's kit is like $5,750 for the kit and options, but the kit alone is about $4,250, And I'm strongly considering the Greddy kit from him, but I'm hearing bad things about them. So, what should I do?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:22 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
Ok, I have a dilemma. I have a friend that can get me a Greddy kit with E-Manage Ultimate with 550cc injectors for $3,340. And Dezod's kit is like $5,750 for the kit and options, but the kit alone is about $4,250, And I'm strongly considering the Greddy kit from him, but I'm hearing bad things about them. So, what should I do?
dont rush it. if you want the dezod kit, wait till you have enough money. nothing worse than getting a kit you dont want for cheap, and have to start over at square 1 saving for the one you do want.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
dont rush it. if you want the dezod kit, wait till you have enough money. nothing worse than getting a kit you dont want for cheap, and have to start over at square 1 saving for the one you do want.
It's not that I don't want the Greddy kit, it's that I want a kit that hauls ___. But, I'm kinda on a budget tho. So, Greddy seems like the way to go. I have a buddy who has a 750 HP Prelude and he knows his stuff, so I should be ok if he helps me work on it.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Our S1 kit right now for the 05-06 are $3999, which includes the e-manage blue and injectors.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Our S1 kit right now for the 05-06 are $3999, which includes the e-manage blue and injectors.
Oh, but my friend can get me the Greddy kit with E-Manage Ultimate and 550cc injectors for $3,340. It's cheaper with better EMS.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:34 PM
SL Member

It's not that I don't want the Greddy kit, it's that I want a kit that hauls butt. But, I'm kinda on a budget tho. So, Greddy seems like the way to go. I have a buddy who has a 750 HP Prelude and he knows his stuff, so I should be ok if he helps me work on it.
sorry man its not that easy. greddy kits just dont make that much power. they are internaly gated i know that the money must be burning a hole in your pocket, but please take it from someone that has sold his kit in order to get one that makes more power. just keep saving. your almost there.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Plus, my tC is an 07
Old 05-29-2007, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not that I don't want the Greddy kit, it's that I want a kit that hauls butt. But, I'm kinda on a budget tho. So, Greddy seems like the way to go. I have a buddy who has a 750 HP Prelude and he knows his stuff, so I should be ok if he helps me work on it.
sorry man its not that easy. greddy kits just dont make that much power. they are internaly gated i know that the money must be burning a hole in your pocket, but please take it from someone that has sold his kit in order to get one that makes more power. just keep saving. your almost there.
It's a $2,000 or more difference. I just don't know what to pick.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Plus, my tC is an 07
Even still, $4365 with PnP 550cc injectors, e-manage blue and PnP harness for it. Our kit has quite a bit of power potential in comparison, but I can not make the decision for you, just provide the cold, hard facts to help you make the decision that will make you the happiest.

4365-3340= $1025 for a better kit with more power potential.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Plus, my tC is an 07
Even still, $4365 with PnP 550cc injectors, e-manage blue and PnP harness for it. Our kit has quite a bit of power potential in comparison, but I can not make the decision for you, just provide the cold, hard facts to help you make the decision that will make you the happiest.

4365-3340= $1025 for a better kit with more power potential.
I, for sure, want the E-Manage Ultimate. I`m not sure how much better it is. Care to shed some light on that? Also, how does your kit have more potential? What parts are better compared to the Greddy kit?
Old 05-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I, for sure, want the E-Manage Ultimate. I`m not sure how much better it is. Care to shed some light on that? Also, how does your kit have more potential? What parts are better compared to the Greddy kit?
Without turning this into a GReddy bash scene....

Out kit includes the following:

*2.5 Downpipe and S-pipe.....GReddy does not include a s-pipe at all

*550cc PnP injectors.....sold seperately in GReddy

*E-manage PnP Harness.....sold seperately in GReddy

*T3/T4 capable 350-400HP........GReddy cookie cutter TD05H-18G (small hair dryer)

*Bar & Plate Intercooler capable of 450HP.....GReddy, cheapy intercooler

*Stainless 304 intercooler piping......GReddy has aluminum, which is easy to dent

*Pretuned E-manage with a REAL comprehensive base map......GReddy has a mediocre base map

*External TiAL 38mm WG (old reliable).......GReddy uses an internal gate, which is known to fail

*Proven to gain a min of 100whp GAIN at 8 PSI w/ bolting on

*We have an 07 kit that works and fits.............GReddy does not

*We use a HKS SSQV BOV..........GReddy is sold seperately

*We use T-bolts..........GReddy uses worm gear
Old 05-30-2007, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

But, it seems that GREDDY has better gains really. I want to get 350WHP at least. But, I'm considering Dezod now.

How much does it cost to get everything going?

350whp with out a built motor with a greddy... never.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

*T3/T4 capable 350-400HP........GReddy cookie cutter TD05H-18G (small hair dryer)

*Stainless 304 intercooler piping......GReddy has aluminum, which is easy to dent

*Pretuned E-manage with a REAL comprehensive base map......GReddy has a mediocre base map

*External TiAL 38mm WG (old reliable).......GReddy uses an internal gate, which is known to fail

I never really thought about it like that, and its true !
Old 05-30-2007, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, 1. If it comes with the E-Manage Ultimate, I`ll likely to buy it. 2. I want 450WHP-500WHP eventually, so will the T3/T4 work for that much? Because I really don`t want to replace a big expensive part for another for more power. Plus, I have a Magnaflow Catback Exhaust System which is 2.25" in diameter, and like you said earlier, it will hurt the performance value, so that`s the last thing I want so should I just get a 2.5" catback exhaust system? If so, which one is a good one?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:45 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If you are kinda on a budget, 500hp is probably not going to happen. You are talking an expensicve clutch setup, axles if you ever plan to use the power, an lsd if you want to put the pwer down. Over a $6000ish engine build plus the $5000 turbo setup to get you there. Add in alot of gauges, ALOT of tunning and alot of time down.

You are looking at a $13,000 or so build. Deffinetly nut for someone on a budget. Not trying to bash, but thats a hard reality unless you have a crazy high budgewt.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i didnt order, but avus did for my car. and can u get a boost controller handy and ready to mail out little birdie told me u were gonna get a call.
and i dont want 500 hp, but at some point id like to get near 400. hate to threadjack, but ill do it anyway, so maybe u can learn something about the two companies and what u need.
my current mods: lsd, CM stg 3 clutch, CM lightened flywheel, agency-power crank pulley, invidia s-pipe, dual exhaust (axle back), greddy kit , and now those 2 items. what do u think, pistons, rods, injectors get me close? and safe?
were was ur list b4
k, back to thread
i got greddy cuz i wanted a reliable, known kit. WOOPS!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, 500WHP is a bit unrealistic. 400WHP would be nice. But, 350WHP is a MUST!! So, hope that narrowed it down. I want to have the kit for awhile and when I get bored with it, I`ll make it stronger and boost it up later on. So, maybe $7,500 total for the turbo hobby
Old 05-30-2007, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ucyib2papi

i didnt order, but avus did for my car. and can u get a boost controller handy and ready to mail out little birdie told me u were gonna get a call.
and i dont want 500 hp, but at some point id like to get near 400. hate to threadjack, but ill do it anyway, so maybe u can learn something about the two companies and what u need.
my current mods: lsd, CM stg 3 clutch, CM lightened flywheel, agency-power crank pulley, invidia s-pipe, dual exhaust (axle back), greddy kit , and now those 2 items. what do u think, pistons, rods, injectors get me close? and safe?
were was ur list b4
k, back to thread
i got greddy cuz i wanted a reliable, known kit. WOOPS!
What is a LSD? Do I need it?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You have a lot to read.

$7500 might get you 330 maybe 350 with a great tune on a standalone but you'll still need gauges and at least a clutch plus install.

LSD will have both wheels spinning instead of one. Watch My Cousin Vinny and they'll explain what a positraction is and that's the same thing.

Cost for 350whp
$4K+ for a kit
$2K for standalone
$400 +/- for clutch
$600 +/- for gagues
$50 + for gauge pod
$300 + for 2 drag radials on current rims
$300 + for tune
$1000+ for install of all
$50+ for boost controller

^ That's bare...

add...

$1200 for LSD
$1200 for stronger axles (if u use your current ones)
$500+ for LSD install
$??? for axle install

There you go. Not so cheap. You may want to add another $1K in the bank in case you blow your motor you want some insurance.

Push for 250whp and go from there. Here's who can choose from...

Dezod
Greddy
Sound Performance (they still around?)
Trendstone
Turbonetics
Turbotoyotas
ZPI

There's a few more I can't think of... the one garage in Arizona is selling or working with and the one Guru's company makes. Oh yeah and stripper is coming out with one.

Notice I put in abc order so people don't cry.

Quick Reply: Calling ALL Greddy and Dezod users