Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Defi Boost Gauge Help?? (Supercharge)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Defi Boost Gauge Help?? (Supercharge)

Hey, I just got a Defi Boost Gauge and was wondering where you guys tapped all the wires into and everything. I was reading Kaeon's DIY write up and reap that I would need to buy a t tap thing? And It hooks up between the vacuum line, and the third entrance point would be for the sensor. I don't have the S/C yet, but if I did hook it up, would it be ok?? What would it actually say?? And when I do get the S/C, I wouldn't need to move the T shaped thing right??

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Banned
SL Member

if you aren't supercharged yet, it's gonna read vacuum at all times i believe. kind of a waste with out the supercharger or any FI, IMO...

it's funny because in your profile, you claim to be supercharged, but in this post you even say, is it ok to run it with out the supercharger? That's a no no my friend...
Old 12-20-2007, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

what i did before my turbo went in to save time during install was to install the gauges to just have power running to them.. they will be on but read nothing. then once i installed the turbo i connected all the sensors and what not. its just to save time on install day.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Banned
SL Member

i don't think that was his intention though. but it is a good idea now that you mention it...
Old 12-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Banned
SL Member

I tapped my boost gauge closest to the throttle body and then the bpv, the only thing thats suckks is the gauge bounces at idle because of the evac sensor.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2_much_tc
if you aren't supercharged yet, it's gonna read vacuum at all times i believe. kind of a waste with out the supercharger or any FI, IMO...

it's funny because in your profile, you claim to be supercharged, but in this post you even say, is it ok to run it with out the supercharger? That's a no no my friend...
i agree with you cause people will look at his profile and say wow he's really modified then when they see his car in person it's like uhh ok so wtf is going here cause supposely you have done alot and there is nothing there from what you "say" that you have. i'm not tring to bash on you, just that it doesn't seem right to put things that you want to do when you haven't and ask how that it do something for that part when supposely you already have done it by the way it saids in your profile. sure i can put tubo on my profile but how dumb would it make me look if i asked what kind of turbo would be better for me get..understand.