Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   Descendant intake manifold (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/descendant-intake-manifold-170371/)

yamaha16bw 09-01-2009 03:55 AM

I give this manifold and customer service an A+

Rob, Ty, and Chris are great guys!

I'll have a dyno VERY soon guys. Of course it will be a stock motor turbo compared to a built motor with cams motor.....but still a dyno. Ever with my lower CR pistons my car is WAY more peppy then it was with stock cams and stock IM. I'm sure the cams are helping but this thing is HUGE and I'd bet its going to help alot.

Domo 09-01-2009 04:58 AM

true that..once I see some dynos, I will be sure to save up for this intake

draxcaliber 09-01-2009 05:11 AM

i'll have one when i get my turbo kit installed. made an appointment for the 21st if all goes well.

Domo 09-01-2009 05:14 AM

I wonder if we can start a GB..

GetIt 09-01-2009 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rob_DESCENDANT (Post 3281494)
thanks on the fab work...GE is an awesome partner of ours and we love working with them! Wait till you guys see some of the new tC & xB parts we are working on with them.

As for the customer service...what happen? Serj, TY & I are usually on top of things, granite our WORLD-Racing schedule can sometimes make us harder than hell to get a hold of but reguardless we never want anyone to be unhappy with our service.

Well, when i received my IM it was damaged but fixable and still able to use with a little work. I called and spoke to you guys and came to the decision that instead of a new one or a small refund i was to receive a shift knob and some swag, which i never got. Hopefully what has happened was miscommunication,didn't think this would happen with an establishment like yalls, so you tell me. Not really a huge deal but kind of sucks to receive such a nice piece of work that is damaged and fairly expensive and on top of it be told that it was going to be taken care of and nothing happen.

Domo 09-01-2009 07:50 AM

wow :(
Man I would be ____ed off..kinda of reminds me of Grossinger Scion. They promised me a 100 dollar referral reward when I refer someone to buy a car from there dealership. This was all 8 months ago..after multiple times of trying to get them to pay me...I still didn't get squat. Well I hope the guys at Descendant fix this because I have so much respect for them and I would love to be a future customer. Things like this can have a pretty big effect.

TheFantasticG 09-01-2009 11:19 AM

A dyno before-and-after, with no other modifications other than the intake manifold is what needed here. Not with other modifications. Other mods can screw with the results.

game-over 09-01-2009 12:40 PM

I'm def. Getting this....

XD40tC 09-01-2009 12:56 PM

Bump for updates

RusWolf 09-01-2009 01:07 PM

So the intake manifold is empty inside right ?

once i come back from deployment i'm gonna try to make my own and dyno it before and after.

m6ar2cel6oTC 09-01-2009 02:10 PM

if i dont get offered a crazy discount to do a before and after dyno, i will be going custom route.

stillettoDSM 09-01-2009 02:15 PM

I'm diggin' this, kinda' want it, but I've gotta' get New Springs/Struts before Winter. H-Techs are even a bit low for Chicago. Ugh!
Otherwise.. IN FOR A DYNO!

THansenite 09-01-2009 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by RusWolf (Post 3282021)
So the intake manifold is empty inside right ?

once i come back from deployment i'm gonna try to make my own and dyno it before and after.

It is a good idea, but there is more than just welding up runners to the plenum. A lot of R&D goes into intake manifold design which is part of the reason for the high price tag. there has to be certain plenum chamber volume, runner diameter, runner length, etc. You can't just weld up a box with short pipes on it and expect to get similar numbers. Not trying to discourage you, just figured I'd let you know these manis have a lot of math and fluid dynamics involved in their design.

DeathMachine 09-01-2009 03:30 PM

That manifold looks good, and I'd believe them on what their dyno says after seeing some of their other work...

I only wish they made stuff for the xD...

m6ar2cel6oTC 09-01-2009 03:32 PM

^^^^^ what dyno?

yamaha16bw 09-01-2009 03:53 PM

With the quality of this manifold and the rep that GE has I think the price is a STEAL for this manifold.

yamaha16bw 09-01-2009 03:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 111008
Attachment 111009

Rob_DESCENDANT 09-01-2009 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by A-snell (Post 3281574)
works on xB2??? :pray:

YES SiR! :love:

Scotty-tC 09-01-2009 05:39 PM

in for dyno

Rob_DESCENDANT 09-01-2009 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by GetIt (Post 3281922)
Well, when i received my IM it was damaged but fixable and still able to use with a little work. I called and spoke to you guys and came to the decision that instead of a new one or a small refund i was to receive a shift knob and some swag, which i never got. Hopefully what has happened was miscommunication,didn't think this would happen with an establishment like yalls, so you tell me. Not really a huge deal but kind of sucks to receive such a nice piece of work that is damaged and fairly expensive and on top of it be told that it was going to be taken care of and nothing happen.

I apologies for not staying in touch since our last phone conversation about 5 weeks ago but I've been totally slammed traveling back & forth cross country with the Time Attack Scion tC. I do remember when you first contacted us about the problem you had with the DESCENDANT intake manifold you received and we immediately told you it wouldn't be a problem to send you out another brand new unit ASAP. However you & I agreed that the imperfection wouldn't hinder the performance of the part and to make up for the inconviance I'd send you a DESCENDANT shift knob.
Anyways... your order is still in our system however they have not been re-stocked since we originally spoke. Call me at the shop today and we'll work something out.