Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod/APR X1, who's got one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Dezod/APR X1, who's got one?

I do and I'm currently trying to get it sorted out. I'm hoping that we might help each other to work out any issues.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:14 AM
SL Member

yeah im using the apr its one bad biznich been runnin it for about a month or 2
Old 06-01-2010, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdyer666
yeah im using the apr its one bad biznich been runnin it for about a month or 2
Great to hear! Any software issues? I keep getting "invalid path" error messages when I try to save cal changes or create a new revision. X-Tune also crashes whenever I try to data log.

I understand it not working with Win7 64 but it should work with XP Pro SP3 32.

What are you running the X1 on? Car and PC OS?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Brett,
Look under My Documents>APR>APR CAL and tell me what you see.

Also, use my Main DAQ file. You will need to extract the file and replace the file located in My Documents>APR>AprDaq

Also, note I revised the manual. V2 is now out.

http://www.dezod.com/files/DezodAPRV2.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Main.zip (1.9 KB, 32 views)
Old 06-01-2010, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Brett,
Look under My Documents>APR>APR CAL and tell me what you see.

Also, use my Main DAQ file. You will need to extract the file and replace the file located in My Documents>APR>AprDaq

Also, note I revised the manual. V2 is now out.

http://www.dezod.com/files/DezodAPRV2.pdf
Hey Paul,

In the APRCal folder there are 3 sub folders: stc24, Tta40.02 and Tta40.03a. The Tta* folders were created by the APR Calibration Installer package and not X-Tune Setup. The stc24 folder was manually created by me to store the stc24 cal file. X-Tune sees it, opens it but can't save it after changes are made. I can modify and save the Tta40 cal files just fine.

Thanks for the new Main DAQ file and I'll be sure to check out the revised manual asap. I'll let you know how the data logging goes with the new file. If you remember our last conversation, I commented on how short the default data log was (~1 min). According to APR we should be able to log up to 100 mins. Any idea how to make the data logging longer?

Thanks again.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, I figured it out and the "fix" is easy. I renamed the 'stc24' folder to 'stc24.X04' and everything now works as it should. Odd that X-Tune could see and open the stc24* cal file in folder 'stc24' but couldn't save it without changing the cal file folder name to 'stc24.X04'.

I wish I could do some programming. I'd modify the APR Calibration Installer to install the correct folders and Scion cal files to avoid all this. It's not hard to do it manually (once you learn how) but the way APR does it with the Tundra cal files is very slick and user friendly.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Okay, I figured it out and the "fix" is easy. I renamed the 'stc24' folder to 'stc24.X04' and everything now works as it should. Odd that X-Tune could see and open the stc24* cal file in folder 'stc24' but couldn't save it without changing the cal file folder name to 'stc24.X04'.

I wish I could do some programming. I'd modify the APR Calibration Installer to install the correct folders and Scion cal files to avoid all this. It's not hard to do it manually (once you learn how) but the way APR does it with the Tundra cal files is very slick and user friendly.
Yeah I need to work on that with Dave there.

I am glad you understood where I was nudging you and you can now get under way with tuning.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I remembered where I got the idea to create that folder and name it "stc24". It wasn't until I noticed that the tacoma folders were actually "Tta40.***" that it clicked.

Taken from the APR user manual:

2.02 XTune Work Directory Calibrations
"Apr" is the top folder.
"Apr\AprCal"is the parent folder for all calibration models.

"Apr\AprCal\Tta40" contains all calibration files specific to the vehicle model.

I believe I may also have a fix for the data logging. There wasn't a folder for 'Stc24' data, only 'Tta40'. Interestingly, the data folders apparently don't need the .*** suffix in their name.

Last edited by ScionFred; 06-02-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I'd recommend removing the TTA and other cals that are in APR CAL. Having these present while having V4 software for the tC can hose up the program. Been there, done that.......
Old 06-02-2010, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd recommend removing the TTA and other cals that are in APR CAL. Having these present while having V4 software for the tC can hose up the program. Been there, done that.......
Thanks for the tip. I just deleted the Tta folders and cal files.

After adding a 'stc24' folder to the 'APRdata' folder, data logging now works without Xtune freezing. My last wish is for more than 1 min of data log time. That might be fine for a dyno pull but I need more for street tuning. I've got 10GB of free HDD space available for logging.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Thanks for the tip. I just deleted the Tta folders and cal files.

After adding a 'stc24' folder to the 'APRdata' folder, data logging now works without Xtune freezing. My last wish is for more than 1 min of data log time. That might be fine for a dyno pull but I need more for street tuning. I've got 10GB of free HDD space available for logging.
There is too much data to sift through even with a minute log. It takes .10 second snap shots of what's happening. That log would be unreal for longer than 10 mins
Old 06-20-2010, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is too much data to sift through even with a minute log. It takes .10 second snap shots of what's happening. That log would be unreal for longer than 10 mins
After making a few logs and looking at them, I see what you mean. I was expecting something more like my OBD2 software which can log a few dozen PIDs for hours and display the resulting data in many compiled formats.

Speaking of Palmer ScanXL Pro data logging, here's a simple data view screenshot taken after a 1/2 hour drive. Notice the LTFT and STFT averages with the Dezod/APR X1 installed!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

After making a few logs and looking at them, I see what you mean. I was expecting something more like my OBD2 software which can log a few dozen PIDs for hours and display the resulting data in many compiled formats.

Speaking of Palmer ScanXL Pro data logging, here's a simple data view screenshot taken after a 1/2 hour drive. Notice the LTFT and STFT averages with the Dezod/APR X1 installed!

Looking real good Brett. This unit is 100% capable of zero trims with some work, a scan tool and some driving.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's some good work Brett. It's pretty cool how precise this unit is. I credit it to the fact that the developers have much experience with Toyota products. Their approach was in keeping it working with Toyota products and not just trying to produce a universal piggy back.

This unit is showing itself to be the best available option for your Scion tC, hands down.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Indeed. The datalogs of this unit are in hundredths of a second. That is resolution.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking real good Brett. This unit is 100% capable of zero trims with some work, a scan tool and some driving.
I forgot to mention that the wider ranging min/max trims are due to my idle AFR issues which appear to be caused by other mechanical factors that I'm currently tracking down. When viewed in graph or data map formats you can see that the actual 'driving' fuel trims are +/- <10% with an avg of +/- 1%. Those ~20% STFT swings are only at idle as is the +8.6% max LTFT shown.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DezodDon
That's some good work Brett. It's pretty cool how precise this unit is. I credit it to the fact that the developers have much experience with Toyota products. Their approach was in keeping it working with Toyota products and not just trying to produce a universal piggy back.

This unit is showing itself to be the best available option for your Scion tC, hands down.
Thanks Don. I wish I could take some credit but this is with Paul's base calibration. It's not perfect yet but it's incredibly close for a un-tuned base calibration. I credit that to Paul and the APR developers. When I first learned that this unit self-tuned off AFR sensor feedback like the oem ECU, I was sold on it. I now see it does so much more than that. I'm not getting any of the CELs that I should be getting.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I forgot to mention that the wider ranging min/max trims are due to my idle AFR issues which appear to be caused by other mechanical factors that I'm currently tracking down. When viewed in graph or data map formats you can see that the actual 'driving' fuel trims are +/- <10% with an avg of +/- 1%. Those ~20% STFT swings are only at idle as is the +8.6% max LTFT shown.
Don't forget those max and mins are also effected by acceleration enrichment and decel fuel cut as well.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:21 PM

Hello everyone, I am new here just got a used X1 kit, but when I try to access the dezod tuning guide, it returned that the file is no longer available for download. Has anyone still got it? Please email a copy to jaxxhope@Hotmail.com. Thanks a lot.