Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod Performance Short Blocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default Dezod Performance Short Blocks

Well it's been a long time to roll out all of the logistics, but finally the items are worked out and the blocks are being final assembled.

On to the details

In keeping with the core values of Dezod Motorsports: Quality, Reliability, Performance and Value we are proud to offer you Dezod Performance Engines!

No hype, no frills, just honest performance for your 2AZ-FE to keep your Scion reliable, off and on boost, at a great value price you have come to know and love us for.

There is a lot of misinformation online as to what should go into a built engine. We have 10 years of professional engine building experience in house. Our engine builder is an ASE certified Master Technician with L1 advanced engine diagnostic certification. Mild-to-wild no task is too much.

What it includes:
K1 Technology Connecting Rods
Wiseco 9.0:1 forged pistons
ACL Rod, Main and Thrust bearings
Darton MID sleeves
ARP main studs

About the process:
The block is then put through many machine processes. It is first jet washed in a non-toxic cleaning solution. We do NOT bead blast any parts associated with the engine. Experience has shown that no matter how well you clean a part after bead blasting, even a flat part, there is still glass bead that can come loose and find its way into your nice new expensive engine, which will tear up bearings in a heart beat. So to avoid that problem, everything is jet washed or ultra sonically cleaned to prvent such dealings. The next step performed, is block inspection for defects or cracks. If none are found, the block gets welded in key areas for reinforcement purposes. Stock sleeves are then cut out of the block and the super strong Darton MID (modular integrated deck) sleeves installed in their place. The Darton MID series sleeves provide a super strong ductile iron core and are flanged at the top to produce a semi open deck surface which allows coolant to flow and provide rigid support at the tops of the sleeves making for a bomb proof block. Furthermore, Darton claims these sleeves are good to 55 PSI of boost pressure.

After the sleeving has taken place the block is line bored and honed for ARP main studs. When a block is sleeved the main bearing bore must always be checked and corrected if needed. There is almost always a need to correct main bore alignment in the block. Also, a line bore must be perormed anytime there is change to the fasteners that secure the main caps and crankshaft. Extra torque distorts these bores and you need this dimension set so that you can properly machine the rest of the engine. This is extremely vital because everything is referenced off of this measurement to ensure accuracy.

After line boring the cylinder head deck surface is indicated and machined to a fine RA finish of >40 to provide for a proper sealing surface for a Multi Layer Steel head gasket. Once these two machine operations are performed the block is ready for rough bore and hone. The cylinders receive a rough bore and then a final 3 step plateau hone using a BHJ torque plate to ensure for the most round and true cylinder any man or machine can achieve.

Once line boring is complete, the crankshaft has its balance shaft gear removed. Why do we remove these you might ask? The balance shafts is a counter rotating shaft that is meant to cancel out vibration from the power pulses made by the engine rotational mass. The balance shaft's weight is calculated to offset that of the stock rotating assembly. Since this performance engine is no longer using a stock rotating assembly; the use of the balance shaft actually does harm than good.

The new K1 connecting rods are all weighed and have their weights equalized within a tenth of a gram. The new Wiseco forged pistons go through the same process. This delicate balancing process is performed to remove the stress that damaging harmonic vibrations place on a rotating assembly. Harmonic vibrations can cause fatigue, accelerated wear and ultimately damage to your race engine. The precautions are taken in each and every engine that leaves Dezod Motorsports.

Attention is taken into the details of the crankshaft. A bob weight is calculated and then fixed to the crankshaft via custom tooling. The balancing procedure is performed on the crankshaft, in which it is spun to a predetermined RPM in special fixturing. A computer calculates where the heavy spots are in the crankshaft counter weights and indicates exactly where and how much material to remove to bring the rotating assembly into perfect harmony and balance. Once this crucial operation is performed the crankshaft then has all of its journals micro-polished and cleaned.

Once the machine processes are finished everything is jet washed once more and then the blocks painted for aesthetics.

Before final assembly the blocks have all of their threaded holes chased with a cleaning tap. The blocks are hand washed with hot soapy water and engine brushes and bores properly lubed to prevent rust. Mock assemblies are made to check all bearing clearances and ring gaps. Once everything is adjusted to spec the final assembly is made, in which everything is torque to proper spec and sequence using the most high tech torque wrenches and stretch gauges available.

The block is numbered and shipped to your doorstep.

STOCK AVAILABILITY AND CORE CHARGES:

Dezod is stepping up to the plate and keeping one 05-06 2AZ-FE street short block and 07-09 2AZ-FE street short block in stock ready to ship. In order for us to keep this availability for all customers we require a re-buildable core be sent back to us in the crate we sent your engine in no later than 7 business days. We hope to satisfy our customer demands by keeping engines in stock to avoid lengthy down times.

A re-buildable core is defined as a worn version of what we sent you. No holes in the block, no broken ears, no spun journals on the crankshafts (we do not use oversized bearings and neither should you!). No partial core refunds will be given. Core charges are $1000. Core charge will be refunded after we receive your re-buildable core and inspect it. Inspection normally should take place no later than one day after receiving your core, work load depending.

VERY IMPORTANT: In order for us to offer this kind of turn around and keep an engine handy on our shelves so that you do not have to send your engine in and wait a few weeks for it to be built we must have the cores returned to us in the time we specify. We provide a crate with the new engine. That crate is to be used in shipping the old engine back. The engine must be secured in the same fashion we secured it to avoid damages in shipping. When the engine is crated, just call us and we will schedule a pick up of the crate. It’s as simple as that. If you fail to call us for a pick up by the end of the 7th business day you will have forfeited your core charge of $1000. No refund will be issued and we will use that money to purchase another engine for re-build purposes.

For more details, read here

Pricing for said item will be $3600.00 for the 05-06 or 07-10 2AZFE

Last edited by paul_dezod; 09-10-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

wooot...first to post...lol
Old 09-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

pm me price paul or is it on the website?...got a few in my crew that would like to take a look into a built block. My built dreams i dont think will ever happen the way things are right now.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

crap n/m...i just seen it...lol
Old 09-10-2009, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crush Automotive Customs
wooot...first to post...lol
This makes me happy.

Only if I wasn't in college.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crush Automotive Customs
crap n/m...i just seen it...lol
No prob. I bolded that part to make it easier to catch as well.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How much power do you expect this block to hold? That price is too damn sexy...
Old 09-10-2009, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh how I wish...
Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

the funny thing is a guy thats in our little group just blew his engine and paid 4500 for a used engine and install...lmfao...cant wait to show him this...lol
Old 09-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
How much power do you expect this block to hold? That price is too damn sexy...
About anything you can throw it. Just make sure your tuning is good.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

sounds good! my built motor fund is like half way now
Old 09-10-2009, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

wow! loving the price!

a built block never even crossed my mind, but this puts it back into the "i-wish" checkout cart, lol
Old 09-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by chicotunner07
wow! loving the price!

a built block never even crossed my mind, but this puts it back into the "i-wish" checkout cart, lol
Yes we worked long and hard to chisel the pricing down as much as possible for the SL community!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh geez, this is another thing to add to the list of "i wants" haha i need money lol this is so nicee good job guys
Old 09-10-2009, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Pretty good price.
I pretty much have the same thing from ERL but with JE pistons.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Pretty good price.
I pretty much have the same thing from ERL but with JE pistons.
Yes Yev, but ERL missed a few steps (obviously with your block) that we do here such as chasing all of the threads in the block.

Not to mention, these are going to be an in stock item with NO lead time (if all goes well). Unlike ERL, which is 2-8 weeks lead time.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Honestly Paul, i dont know if its ERL's mistake or my shops mistake in messed up the thread. Because they had to use the same wholes to tie die the sleeves if i'm not mistaken... But i do know that ERL stepped up and paid the bill to fx those threads.

So at the end it all worked out good at no cost to me.

well ERL actually had that engine on the shelf ready to go ( hence why i got a damn good deal on it ) .. but initially they said they would build me an engine within 3 weeks..which is not that bad.

But like i said if you guys had that option ready to go when i needed i would have went with you guys, like i did with my cylinder head
Old 09-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Np doubt Yev. Timing is everything. We do not rush stuff to the market. These program has been in the making for almost 3 months now.

Anyway, at least you had it all taken care of. We do that extra step to make the engine process go smoother
Old 09-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are y'all doing the in stock item thing with your head work too?
Old 09-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
Are y'all doing the in stock item thing with your head work too?
At this moment, no, but if demand ramps up, then we will.

Quick Reply: Dezod Performance Short Blocks