Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod vs. Turbonetics

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 01:57 AM

Default Dezod vs. Turbonetics

I have a 2006 tC with about 26,000 miles on it. I've had the care since it was new. I am considering turbocharging my car and have been doing a lot of research. I have been working on cars for years and not a newb to the automotive world by any means. I have a very solid knowledge of turbo systems but am unfamiliar with specific brand applications for our cars.

I've been spending the last few days perousing all of the threads on forced induction for the tC. I have seen that many people suggest going with the Dezod kit and a few people have even gone as far as to suggest staying away from the Turbonetics kit. However, I have rarely seen that anyone has given any reasons for their preference either way. I was wondering if anyone (supporters or not of the Dezod and Turbonetics kits) can give me some solid reasons for why they sway the direction they do.

I am currently leaning towards the Turbonetics kit simply for their reputation and experience and completeness of the kit.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you haven't done your reasearch really.

i don't think turbonetics even sells the tc turbo kit anymore.

anyway, dezod kit, better kit, design, support and price. there is also world racing decendant turbo kit.

but you're going to need a stronger clutch and gauges too.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I have never heard a single good thing about dezod kits. EVER!!! If ur serious about getting a turbo then go with decendant kit or the ptuning kit. I would and have gone with the ptuning kit. They make an excellant kit and have the best customer service I have ever seen. If u do ur research right u will see that these to kits are the top two and most prefer the ptuning kit. Good luck with turbo bro. Hope all goes well
Old 10-25-2009, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you havent heard good things about Dezod because your a noob
Old 10-25-2009, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Another one of these threads!

Originally Posted by masterp
I have never heard a single good thing about dezod kits. EVER!!!

Laugh of the night right there....it might even get sig'ed, that's the biggest load of crap EVER!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by masterp
I have never heard a single good thing about dezod kits. EVER!!! If ur serious about getting a turbo then go with decendant kit or the ptuning kit. I would and have gone with the ptuning kit. They make an excellant kit and have the best customer service I have ever seen. If u do ur research right u will see that these to kits are the top two and most prefer the ptuning kit. Good luck with turbo bro. Hope all goes well
dezod kit is a very reliable kit. that kit is not meant for crazy high WHP. unless you upgrade the turbo. how is descendent better then dezod? lol i cant even think of anyone having that kit on this forum. still havent seen any actual forum member with actual dyno numbers. you can research this forum and you will find alot of thread of the dezod kit. in my opinion the ptuning is better and looks better and has there nice options. but dezod is not a bad kit at all. and neither is a turbonetics kit.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ecko04
Another one of these threads!

Laugh of the night right there....it might even get sig'ed, that's the biggest load of crap EVER!!!
lol dont worry about the sig, got you covered
Old 10-25-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
dezod kit is a very reliable kit. that kit is not meant for crazy high WHP. unless you upgrade the turbo. how is descendent better then dezod? lol i cant even think of anyone having that kit on this forum. still havent seen any actual forum member with actual dyno numbers. you can research this forum and you will find alot of thread of the dezod kit. in my opinion the ptuning is better and looks better and has there nice options. but dezod is not a bad kit at all. and neither is a turbonetics kit.
yea ptuning is up there but Dezod has some very nice kits. There options beat all others. You can upgrade Engine Management, turbo, injectors, color, recirculated dump or no, different size waste-gates, and etc.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I knew Domo would have it covered, your kung fu is still very strong
Old 10-25-2009, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

damn i missed out...thats a good sig right there...lmao
Old 10-25-2009, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a Dezod kit and had no issues with it. It was a solid kit and I'd use it again.

I like how Dezod recirculates the wastegate dump and also offers a downpipe with a cat. I know a lot of us are thinking about performance and getting the best numbers on the dyno, but for us that also have to get our cars inspected and emissions tested, these options are awesome to have.

That being said, if I were going for all-out performance and not worrying about emissions, etc, I'd choose PTuning. For 300whp or less and something that will start-up everyday, let me simply take my car to the inspection station without thinking twice, and offer excellent support, Dezod is just as good.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:27 AM
SL Member

turbonetics FTW!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive tuned both..

Both seemed ok!

My friend has the turbonetics kit and has had 0 issues with it! Looks nice. Turbo spools great fitment was great.

Here is pics of my ptuning kit!

Name:  IMAG0084.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  98.6 KB
Name:  IMAG0086.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  117.7 KB

Last edited by ElevationTC; 10-25-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turbonetics doesn't make the kit anymore HOWEVER it is still easily obtainable, they are everywhere online. BUT BUT BUT, you have an 06 TC which sucks for the Turbonetics kit because you are paying for a Uni-Chip for fuel management. Nobody tunes these are they are a PITA compared to an AEM F/IC.

If it HAS to be one or the other, in your case I would say Dezod but if you are open to suggestions, I would suggest Descendant or PTuning depending on your overall goals for the car.

FYI, I use a Turbonetics V2 kit on my 07+.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:32 PM
SL Member

i got a 2006 also, boosted by turbonetics, i do love the dezod kits, and ptunning, but ive had absolutely not 1 issue with this kit. runs great, spools verrry smooth and nice. feels good pulling up to a modded wrx, or rsx-s, and just eating them alive!! haha. i have purchased the hyrda ems a good bit of go, (dezod.com) but still have to put that it in! well colorodo06tc, good luck, and you cant go wrong with any of these kits! the tc turns into a little monster when boosted btw.. haha
Old 10-25-2009, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

i made 299whp on dezod kit at 9 psi... dezod is a good kit, their customer service is also top notch theeres only one item in ptunings kit is better which is manifold. but dezod is about to release their race manifold.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im in colorado to if you have any q you can throw them my way but its a simple answer tnetics is no longer made dezod is ok if your fine with the kit out the box and not aiming to high go with ptuning the kit is art work go with it as for install and tuning you can count on colby and cory tuning if you want the best tc care in colorado lol
Old 10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
but dezod is about to release their race manifold.
so excited
Old 10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lets hope it dosent have any cracking trouble I can't wait to see it
Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 PM
SL Member

but you can still buy tnetics, and there great kits.

Quick Reply: Dezod vs. Turbonetics