Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod or ZPI?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
i think he means that his kit has a wider power band with a broad flat torque curve that is more useful in a daily driver rather than having boost at the upper end of the rpm band.

Every dyno sheet I've seen or been shown, is one that was rather Linear in delivery. Not my prefernce, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by release2063
i have the turbonetics kit and i was going to do the dezod, but it didnt make the power i wanted, and dezod cost more, the zpi stage 1 is very good for the money and if youre not satisfied, there is always more(stage 1.5 bad a$$)
Our kit is cheaper and produces the same power, but more useable.

Our kits start @ $4265, theirs are $4995, according to their MAP laws

On 8 PSI with our kits we have seen 245whp up to 265whp with nearly matching TQ as well. All of our numbers where made on conservative tunes and a DynoMite dyno. Turbonetics ranks their kit to the crank of 270HP.

Last time I checked....Tnetics advertisement is 300HP @ the Crank.

And define "but more useable"
http://turboneticsinc.com/ts_applications.htm

Scroll down and read next to TC.

I wouldn't know anything about their kits or products, considering we are a WD.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

They advertised 300hp when the kit first came out. And now they say 270hp without actually making it Advertised....(you just got to read the small print).

I think that's

And don't you guys sell the same turbocharger as them with your kit?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...93.19194.0.0.0

Scion has revitalized the sport compact market and we have made the tC even better. The Turbonetics turbo system delivers 300 HP to the 2.4L 4 cylinder to make this car an absolute blast to drive. Phenomenal boost response in every gear, this kit runs 8.5 psi to deliver power all the way to redline.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INCLUDED IN KIT
T3/T4 E-50 Ball Bearing Turbo

Spearco intercooler

Raptor blow-off valve

Evolution wastegate

Unichip engine management

Stainless oil feed line

TS-1 fully synthetic engine oil

Taps for oil return and oil feed fittings

Stainless down-pipe with wastegate dump-tube

Cast ductile-iron exhaust manifold

Black chrome mandrel bent aluminum intercooler pipes

Silicone hoses

High flow air filter

4 drop-in Motron high flow injectors

T-bolt & V-band clamps

Nuts, bolts and fittings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UNICHIP
The Unichip is a computer that electronically resides between your carís ECU and engine or ìpiggybackingî. The Unichip computer is a solid-state computer made of multiple high-speed processors to fine tune engine performance. All Scion kits come with a Turbonetics programmed Unichip.

Stock HP: 160 HP
New HP: 300HP@8psi

140HP gain!

- Crankshaft horsepower with 94 octane fuel - HP may vary based on difference in octane

INSTALLATION
6-8 hours install time No modifications to chassis required Quick spool up (minimum turbo lag) due to BB technology & correctly matched turbo

I guess some companies like to trump up their #'s to sale more kits.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:59 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

They advertised 300hp when the kit first came out. And now they say 270hp without actually making it Advertised....(you just got to read the small print).

I think that's

No we actually do not. Completely different comp housing and wheel. Same turbine I believe.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I think that's

No we actually do not. Completely different comp housing and wheel. Same turbine I believe.

Well thank you for clearing that up....
Old 04-06-2007, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

paul, travis. play nice.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Before doing anything I would find out what kind of local support you have. Do you have a good tuner nearby or within reasonable driving distance? Unless you're gonna do it yourself, IMO this is the most important factor. As far as the two companies, I believe, albeit not through experience, that both of them have proven themselves to be very worthy. If you have someone who can install it, tune it, and do it right I believe either would make you happy and it seems as if you'll have plenty of customer support regardless of who you choose.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dezod all the way i hope i ____ off all the haters drink some more haterade hahaha jk. lol im gone for a few weeks and i see the first post is dezod or zpi this post should be locked, do some research there are millions of things on here click search type dezod turbo then type zpi turbo. because ur not gonna get the right answer ur looking for people that have the zpi kit are obviously gonna say well this kit is the best and people with the dezod kit are gonna do the same thing, its up to u to do the research u need to do, to decide. and yes i think zpi kits are very good and dezod is good. just be aware i know from exspirence that the customer service over at dezod is just insane they are very good with making calls back and talking to u everystep of the way. zpi i called took my number never called me called agian and agian no answer yeahh now there is an old saying u get what u pay for. and if i was going to make the most power i would go with zpi but im not greedy im happy with 275 whp DD on 7.8 pounds very very safe tune running very strong for about 14,000 miles and quick enough to beat some nice 30-35k$ cars, dont get toooo greedy with making too much power cause ur gonna end up without a car once u blow that motor and trust me it dosent take much our internals are like toothpicks there horrible keep in mind ur boosting a toyota Camry economy engine anything over 10 psi in my opinion is just asking for trouble and u dont want that since its a new car. pushing ur car to the limits is not the right way to do things u wanna do that save some money and do it the right way.(this car was not built for boost)but i have seen what zpi and what dezod can do and my love goes out to both companies.[/url]
Old 04-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Well thank you for clearing that up....
Welcome sir.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered my exhaust from ZPI and my Koni's from Dezod.
Both items, at the time, were hard to get, so they both took a while. Both companies were very good at keeping me informed of the progress, and both always answered or returned my calls. I think both have excellent service.

I like the ZPI kit because I think it has the potential for more HP at lower boost. I also like the fact that you can start with a stage 0, and later upgrade to the stage 1.

However, I like the flat power band of the Dezod kit, and I think it's a little more complete, out of the box. They even include the S-Pipe now. What I like most about the dezod kit, however, is that for just $45, you can get it with a high flow cat, and I need my ish to past smog, or my wife will kick my butt.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to get of the topic i was jus wonder if dezod or zpi preweld the flange for the bov................... jus a question now so dont get mad
Old 04-06-2007, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ex_sPEC
sorry to get of the topic i was jus wonder if dezod or zpi preweld the flange for the bov................... jus a question now so dont get mad
zpi has the flange separate, and you can order different kinds of flanges.

i asked dezod and he said everything comes ready out of the box on their kits.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HKS or Tial flange is already on there for Dezod. I been running dezod kit for about a year now, I was there first auto also. Paul has always been there for my questions and has since become a freind outside of just car's. Very cool cat. Im now selling my dezod kit cause I want a tubular manifold. Dezod has alot to offer as does ZPI. Its all gonna be personal prefernce. Best customer service ive ever had was dezod though. COMPLETE kit you need NOTHING when you get it. No welding No Fabbing just straight bolt on. Very nice kit!

PM ME FOR PRICE ON MY KIT
Old 04-06-2007, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Guys who back other kits can try to nitpick anything they want about Dezod, which they often do. When it all comes down to it, Dezod has never sent anyone on a flaming rampage do to service problems. Paul kept me in the loop the whole way with my kit. Even on day one he said it may take a month because manifolds were backing up and a couple people were ahead of me on the kit list. They may not be the proven stand alone power king but given everything they offer the costumer, they’re the best…. That’s an opinion, not a fact. No ever said the other guys didn’t make good stuff.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
paul, travis. play nice.
that'll never happen (they know im kidding)

off note i wish these threads would stop popping up i made some threads that were stickied in HOPES it was stop theses threads which it did for awhile. all that happens is the old school flame wars start back up and then all hell breaks loose. zpi has good stuff so does dezod.

no offense to dezod but zpi always have TONS of projects under thier belts and sometimes they do forget to call back but they are also branching off to other makes and models other then scions. so yea mistakes will happen which is why its always best to get to them on AIM or email and they will always respond.

As far as customerservice kenny did wonders for me when i had my tC even flyin down to houston n tuning the car when all the other tuners were giving me crap cause of its DBW system. sean has always been there as well even today when we discuss possible future projects. keisha always took the time to say hi to me and see how im doin.

As far as dezod they have done quite a bit for the scion community as well with the "black box" helping jeff in his strides n turboin his a/t, and the countless other people and always answering everyones questions here on the forums that come up even if it doesn't belong to thier product so major props to them on thier work with the SL community.

with that said STFU!!! EACH HAS THIER OWN ADVANTAGES THERS IS A STICKY AT THE TOP SHOWING VARSIOUS KITS!!!QUIT MAKING THESE THREADS AND STARTING B.S.!!!!! IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC QUESTION ABOUT A COMPAINES PRODCUT ASK DONT AS IF ONE IS BETTER THEN THE OTHER AND DONT GO INTO SOMEONES THREAD SAYING OH GO WITH THIS COMPANY BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

-Petey out!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Easy there big guy….. But good point.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

isn't this a repost of like i don't know 90 other threads anyways?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dezod all the way!! and BEST customer service i ever had!! just installed my Dezod S1 a couple days ago and got it tuned... its amazing!!! love the performance! easy install. everything comes in the box ready to plug and play! love it!!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dayyyum 2 year old bump!

Quick Reply: Dezod or ZPI?