Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

e85 % at the pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Gum buildup and moisture. M-f I drive my car 5 miles each day if that.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-05-2013, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackKnight
Gum buildup and moisture. M-f I drive my car 5 miles each day if that.

I can only speak from people that I roll with here in Chicago that have E85 setup's and they haven't had any issues of gum build up, moisture, or any lines being corroded and the weather here gets pretty extreme. Thendawg has been running E85 on his tC for a while and I don't recall him having any issues either.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Florida has lots of rain and high humidity.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BadDudeTC3
Hmmm.....looks like that options just got pushed back to winter 2013. Since I don't have a twin disk yet it doesn't make sense for me to get the 3rd & 4th gear set if the clutch can't hold the power. I'd rather put the 2k into purchasing the twin disk first.....then do the gear set. If I get this other job I applied for I could probably do both twin disk & gear sets by fall.

Thought some of those ACT's hold a good deal of torque? I probably go with one of those for now, and the gear. When tracking the car, the gear has issues with 400-450ish whp. An ACT should hold that much power, my TRD clutch was holding my current power while tracking the car. I just couldn't do to many drag launches as that's when I would start to smell clutch stinch.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, found out something interesting on the ACT clutches the other day. When I bought by HD 6 puck sprung, it was rated at 499tq. Now the same kit is only rated at 400tq. I called up ACT and asked about this. The explanation is, due to alot of complaints about how firm/heavy the pedal pressure was with the hd pressure plate, they actually lowered the clamp load on the hd pressure plate and the new xtreme pressure plate has the same clamp load as the old hd plate. As far as I know the old xtreme plate no longer exists. This is the one that tended to cause crankwalk issues for alot of people due to the insanely high clamp load.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Thought some of those ACT's hold a good deal of torque? I probably go with one of those for now, and the gear. When tracking the car, the gear has issues with 400-450ish whp. An ACT should hold that much power, my TRD clutch was holding my current power while tracking the car. I just couldn't do to many drag launches as that's when I would start to smell clutch stinch.
My clutch is rated for 499 ft/lbs of torque right now but I'll be way over that mark for sure. Even though I'm mostly a drag racing guy for 2013 I'm gonna switch it up and do mainly highway runs and road courses. Even so I still don't feel comfortable with the clutch rating when I plan on running 30-32 psi on a Billet 6766. I'm probably gonna have to turn the wick down to 22-24 psi until I get a twin disk & gear set so I don't break anything.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thendawg
Yeah, found out something interesting on the ACT clutches the other day. When I bought by HD 6 puck sprung, it was rated at 499tq. Now the same kit is only rated at 400tq. I called up ACT and asked about this. The explanation is, due to alot of complaints about how firm/heavy the pedal pressure was with the hd pressure plate, they actually lowered the clamp load on the hd pressure plate and the new xtreme pressure plate has the same clamp load as the old hd plate. As far as I know the old xtreme plate no longer exists. This is the one that tended to cause crankwalk issues for alot of people due to the insanely high clamp load.
Interesting.....glad I got the HD pressure plate & sprung 6 puck then!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup. I plan on pushing mine till it slips lol. I never have seen it slip yet. I was really getting irked that I didnt have the money to get the twin disc thrown in before TX2K, but the reality is, its prob going to destroy the trans at some point anyway, so Im sure Ill be taking the trans back off soon, Ill just put it in then (when hopefully I can get a 3/4 gearset at the same time). My goal is for it to hold 600-650whp for TX2K on this clutch/stock E351, I think it can do it for a little while Mainly I think avoiding hot lapping it, avoiding wheel hop, and ramping the boost slowly helps tremendously.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thendawg
Yup. I plan on pushing mine till it slips lol. I never have seen it slip yet. I was really getting irked that I didnt have the money to get the twin disc thrown in before TX2K, but the reality is, its prob going to destroy the trans at some point anyway, so Im sure Ill be taking the trans back off soon, Ill just put it in then (when hopefully I can get a 3/4 gearset at the same time). My goal is for it to hold 600-650whp for TX2K on this clutch/stock E351, I think it can do it for a little while Mainly I think avoiding hot lapping it, avoiding wheel hop, and ramping the boost slowly helps tremendously.
I feel you on feeling irked about not having the funds for the twin disk. I wasted money getting my stuff done at a shop because right now I'm going over EVERYTHING that they did because I got screwed by them because the work I had done was to much for there ability. I would've been able to get the twin disk & the 3/4 gear set if I didn't go that route but hindsite is 20/20 but I definitely learned my lesson.

I've researched our tranny issues extensively and it seems like there are 3 issues. 1) Bad wheel hop, 2) tires spinning then griping at high RPM's, 3) Throwing to much boost at once. Nick I know you know all about this and I definitely think the tranny will hold better from the adjustments you've made to reduce wheel spin and bringing the boost in gradually. Looking forward to you "Chuckin the deuces" to more people in your Tk13 vid's, lol!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

--

Last edited by tom0613; 01-08-2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: did not mean to post here
Old 01-14-2013, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tom0613
--

You have anything to add tom or just a place holder? Seeing if there is any more input. Pretty sure this summer it's e85 tuning for me. I probably do a dual tune of 93 and e85. I'm going to have to drive the tC as a daily for a little while until I'm set to get the FR-S.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have anything to add tom or just a place holder? Seeing if there is any more input. Pretty sure this summer it's e85 tuning for me. I probably do a dual tune of 93 and e85. I'm going to have to drive the tC as a daily for a little while until I'm set to get the FR-S.
Sweet!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When i got tuned my a/fs were 12:5 on e85 im sure if u get tuned with 11:5 a/fs u cant still get away with the winter blend of e70
Old 01-14-2013, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also still have more power then on pump gas
Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tom0613
Also still have more power then on pump gas

Yea, then again, nobody messes with my tC around here anymore anyway...Not sure why that is...
Old 01-14-2013, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, then again, nobody messes with my tC around here anymore anyway...Not sure why that is...
Lol....when I saw some of your older videos on YouTube I could see why. Especially when you beat that STI the 2nd time around. Your reaction to pulling away from him way priceless!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Lol....when I saw some of your older videos on YouTube I could see why. Especially when you beat that STI the 2nd time around. Your reaction to pulling away from him way priceless!

And then now combined with an APR front splitter, APR GT200 wing on 3inch risers and a "PTuning tuned for competition" along the sides, PTuning graphic labeled FMIC, and last name and an American Flag on the rear 1/4 window....maybe some of that has to do with it...

The look on peoples faces when I drive around, it's hilarious.

It's not that fast though by comparison with some of you 500+builders on here though, which is funny. At the track though that 3076R and floating past cars like M3's and what not, they think I'm running a crap load of boost on a built motor..*tisk tisk*, wait till they get a load of RhythmnSmoke Reloaded! This year, I'm looking to upgrade to built motor status. Next year I hope to get the new body and wheel package sorted out/installed and TRD BBK done. Been a long journey.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And then now combined with an APR front splitter, APR GT200 wing on 3inch risers and a "PTuning tuned for competition" along the sides, PTuning graphic labeled FMIC, and last name and an American Flag on the rear 1/4 window....maybe some of that has to do with it...

The look on peoples faces when I drive around, it's hilarious.

It's not that fast though by comparison with some of you 500+builders on here though, which is funny. At the track though that 3076R and floating past cars like M3's and what not, they think I'm running a crap load of boost on a built motor..*tisk tisk*, wait till they get a load of RhythmnSmoke Reloaded! This year, I'm looking to upgrade to built motor status. Next year I hope to get the new body and wheel package sorted out/installed and TRD BBK done. Been a long journey.
Yea....you're car isn't exactly what you would call a sleeper, lol. They will swear you're running crazy boost once your built motor is done for sure. Definiely miss seeing those videos of you chasing down Evo's & Porshe's at the track.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yea....you're car isn't exactly what you would call a sleeper, lol. They will swear you're running crazy boost once your built motor is done for sure. Definiely miss seeing those videos of you chasing down Evo's & Porshe's at the track.
Me too. Can't wait to chase some more. I'm more financially equipped now . Back to making the type of pay check I'm use to with my new position as a IT Security Administrator.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Me too. Can't wait to chase some more. I'm more financially equipped now . Back to making the type of pay check I'm use to with my new position as a IT Security Administrator.
Congrats on the new position! I'm still working on getting that position I told you about a while back. Hopefully I get a call in the next month or so. So you planning to hit the road courses this summer right?!!

Quick Reply: e85 % at the pump