Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Gauage Installation Q's...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Gauage Installation Q's...

Sorry if any of these have been covered...

I have a few questions on gauge installations...

For boost, you just T into any vacuum line, right? Is there a particular one to T into that works best or anything?

For oil pressure which line is best to T into.

And for the AEM 6 in one UEGO gauge I know it goes to your exhaust bung on your headers..but then what do you plug the stock one into? the one that goes to your computer or whatever?

Sorry if any of those are stupid questions..just ordering turbo and all next month and want to know all this ahead of time.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what turbo kit did you get? Mine had a bung welded into the S-pipe for my wideband. If yours doesn't, you will need to have another bung welded into you s-pipe (after the last 02 sensor) for your wideband. DO NOT put it where your primary or secondary 02 sensors are or it will throw off your readings.

Yeah, you can tap into any vac line for your boost gauges. I tapped a vac block into the thik line running across the back of the firewall. The one looping over your throttle boddy is a good one to tap yoru BOV into.

My oil pressure gague has a tblock off the oil line that comes right off the block, but I also have a slightly used Greddy sandwitch adapter that goes above your oild filter, and I'll sell that to you to make that part a little easier for ya.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Banned
SL Member

hey meaty, is the downpipe you have the same one as the rest of us would use? i'm looking to get a bung for my downpipe to put the wideband...
Old 01-17-2008, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not sure what you mean...the downpipe is specific to what turbo kit you have, as it has to match up your manifold to yoru s-pipe. I have the turbotoyotas kit, so everyone with my kit would have the same downpipe as me in either 2.5 or 3 inch.

but the bung for your wideband should be in your S-pipe, not your downpipe. Your downpipe should have your stock primary 02 sensor in it.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

The AEM UGEO WB Gauge comes with a bung you have to have welded on in addition to the oem ones.

For boost tap in as close to the TB as you can. Mine is about 2 inches of vac line between the TB and the 'T' to the gauge line. I tapped the same line for both my AEM Boost gauge and Forge 007 BPV.
I think its best to have the gauge in line first closest to the TB then the BPV or BOV. You get the most accurate reading that way
Old 01-17-2008, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow so the UEGO goes on the S pipe? I'm going to order the TurboToyotas Stage 1 GT kit next month.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice!
yeah, be sure to tell Todd you have the AEM Wideband and there will already be a bung for it welded in the S-pipe.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool...I feel so stupid with my questions... So let me get it right, there will be TWO bungs on teh S pipe then, right? one for the AEM Wideband and one that goes to the factory computer, is this right?
Old 01-18-2008, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right...the stock s-pipe has one bung in it, and the TT s-pipe has 2 right next to each other. The factory 02 sensor goes closer to the front, and your EUGO will go closer to the exhaust.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, cool