Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Got several querstions

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Got several querstions

First i want to say thanks to paul dezod for replying to some annoying noob questions so quickly however, i have a few that i would still like answered....

1) I am looking to turbo my a/t tc but it is my one and only daily driver. So i was told that i could get a 3psi spring to run normally and get a boost controller if i want higher. Do y'all think the 3 psi spring would be best because less boost means less stress? Or would it be best to leave the 5 psi spring in and take it easy for a couple of 1000 miles so i don't strain the engine when i turn up the boost?

2) How do boost controllers work? Should you be parked when you change boost?

3) I have read quite a bit about the scion's a/t tranny limitations but have found quite a range of opinions so i am guessing that no one really knows. So do y'all think that since the dezod kit comes set with a 5 psi spring that 6-7 psi isn't out of the question. I know the internals can take that but i guess the tranny is the only question mark.

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

bump
Old 08-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default Re: Got several querstions

Originally Posted by AndrewGene
First i want to say thanks to paul dezod for replying to some annoying noob questions so quickly however, i have a few that i would still like answered....

1) I am looking to turbo my a/t tc but it is my one and only daily driver. So i was told that i could get a 3psi spring to run normally and get a boost controller if i want higher. Do y'all think the 3 psi spring would be best because less boost means less stress? Or would it be best to leave the 5 psi spring in and take it easy for a couple of 1000 miles so i don't strain the engine when i turn up the boost?

2) How do boost controllers work? Should you be parked when you change boost?

3) I have read quite a bit about the scion's a/t tranny limitations but have found quite a range of opinions so i am guessing that no one really knows. So do y'all think that since the dezod kit comes set with a 5 psi spring that 6-7 psi isn't out of the question. I know the internals can take that but i guess the tranny is the only question mark.

Thanks.
Welcome.

1) Well your driving habits and your final tune will dictate much of your luck with your motor and transmission. Beating on it will only cause more headaches if you do not want to build the motor.

2) You can change the boost on most controllers on the fly or park. This depends on the kind and brand boost controller used.

3) You can run more boost, but refer to the 1st question I answered for more explanation.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wanted to add another question if I could.. I got a hks exhaust and I was wondering if I were to get the s1 kit..what other extra exhuast pieces I would need Starting from the downpipe on down
Old 08-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by djafropiq
I wanted to add another question if I could.. I got a hks exhaust and I was wondering if I were to get the s1 kit.. Starting from the downpipe on down
Not quite sure of your question. Could you rephrase it?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry I edited the question.. Hard to post on a sidekick
Old 08-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I wanted to add another question if I could.. I got a hks exhaust and I was wondering if I were to get the s1 kit..what other extra exhuast pieces I would need Starting from the downpipe on down
The S1 includes our downpipe and a 2.5" mandrel bent stainless s-pipe as well. So you would just need a s-pipe back exhaust system to complete the picture.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So between the s pipe and my hks exhaust is just the mid pipe? Thanks in advanced
Old 08-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

So between the s pipe and my hks exhaust is just the mid pipe? Thanks in advanced
Yezzzir!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One more question.. I've noticed that you always tell people to tune their car after installation.. I thought that was what the emanage was for
Old 08-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

One more question.. I've noticed that you always tell people to tune their car after installation.. I thought that was what the emanage was for
That is what the e-manage is for, however we only provide a rich, safe, base map, which may not be ideal for your gas availibity, humidity, altitude, heat temps etc. We recommend reworking the base map with a local tuner in your area to make sure your dialed in for 100% performance for your area and use.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice..I don't know how much enviromental issues would factor into my use since I live in sunny room temperature CA but I'm sure the sr20 tuning guys I know can help me out.. Last question.. I can spread the cost of the kit over a few credit cards right? Haha
Old 08-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Nice..I don't know how much enviromental issues would factor into my use since I live in sunny room temperature CA but I'm sure the sr20 tuning guys I know can help me out.. Last question.. I can spread the cost of the kit over a few credit cards right? Haha

I guess....Call me tomorrow to work something like that out.