Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

HKS BOV

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default HKS BOV

I am getting a used stage 0 with in a week. It does not come with a bov. My friend has a gli and he just took off his hks bov and said he would give it to me. I know i need a flange to get welded into the pipe, but on his bov it seems different. I don't know how it is going to stay in the flange. He took off everything that came with the bov. Am i going to have to get the bov welded on also?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

well, the flange allows you to use a snap ring to connect the hks bov on the intake pipe.....i don't think you want to weld the bov on, in case you need to take it off, etc.....any pics, etc would also help!!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, you will need snap ring pliers to take the bov off the flange. you can pick up a set at sears for like 15 bucks. without the pliers it will be damn near impossible to take it off.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mahalzkita28
yea, you will need snap ring pliers to take the bov off the flange. you can pick up a set at sears for like 15 bucks. without the pliers it will be damn near impossible to take it off.
?
i need to the the bov on not off
Old 09-24-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

the flange is on the intake pipe, to the throtte body.....and the bov is separate.....you need to use a "snap ring" to secure the bov after you have seated it on the flange....in order to do this, you'll need some snap ring pliers (look like pliers with 2 teeth on the ends)....without the snap ring and snap ring pliers, you won't be able to put on the bov....unless there is another way thats not as pretty but gets the job done.....get 2 coupler clamps, and use that to wrap around the flange and bov and tighten as much as you can, that worked for me when i couldn't get the snap ring in! lol
Old 09-24-2007, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sry i was just bein retarted
malibuboy did u like your stage 0?
how long did the install take?
before someone goes off on me that i didn't even know how to put a bov in let alone a turbo my 3 friend are helpin me install the kit.
they know a lot more than i do.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by 07tctul
sry i was just bein retarted
malibuboy did u like your stage 0?
how long did the install take?
before someone goes off on me that i didn't even know how to put a bov in let alone a turbo my 3 friend are helpin me install the kit.
they know a lot more than i do.
well i've done all the work on my cars, ranging from oil changes to all perforance mods, etc.....the stage 0 took about 2 days, since i didn't have everything, like specific tools, and a pretapped oil pan, etc.....i had to tap and weld my own fitting for the oil pan, and had to go get some snap ring pliers, and get gasket sealer, etc....haha.... fitment was a little off in the beginning, and putting the wastegate spring took a little while....since you're getting a used one, all the little details will be done for you.....do you have gauges? also are you getting a pretapped oil pan? overall i was pretty happy with the kit, a major boost (literally) from the stock + bolt ons.....i was pushing 260 whp, 260 tq at 6 psi......honestly, what got to me over time, was the amount of money i had to dump into the car to make it something it never could be while keeping it affordable and a daily driver....i mean i make a lot of money, but i didnt want to dump so much into a car....and remember that boost is addictive, and you'll always want more.....currently i'm stuck learning the limits of my 2007 z, and boy its totally different, and i don't think i could ever reproduce how it handles, and the even powerband etc on the tC as i have on the z....just my 2 cents!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't have gauges yet but i am looking for them now. Also i have to change the spring in the wg form an 8psi spring to a 6psi spring. I don't want to take any chances. But damn 260 on a stage 0 thats great. i was aming for about 220 at first. did u have a stock clutch?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by 07tctul
i don't have gauges yet but i am looking for them now. Also i have to change the spring in the wg form an 8psi spring to a 6psi spring. I don't want to take any chances. But damn 260 on a stage 0 thats great. i was aming for about 220 at first. did u have a stock clutch?
well to make 260, i had a full turbo back exhaust, tq dampener, and i tuned it......so out of the box, its supposed to be around 230 whp.....well if you're buying it used, did the previous owner use the 6 psi spring? cause i wouldn't boost anymore on the stock block without an intercooler, etc.....i was running on a stock clutch, and it worked for daily driving....track driving, thats another story cause it would slip after a while.....
Old 10-11-2007, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know this old but i just got the bov and it dosen't look like it is going to work .

idk how to get that off the bottom. If anybody knows please tell me.