Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

I need your opinions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 04:24 AM
SL Member

Default I need your opinions!!!

So my buddy mentioned to me the other day that he bumped into a guy who recently opened a race shop in the area and was looking to sponsor cars. So I figured, what the hell, I will check it out. This guy explains to me that he is looking for outgoing individuals to represent his company and be part of his team. He gives a ridiculous discount on parts (which he says he can get me anything I want), the installs are free cause he has a couple mechanics, and all I have to do is attend shows and put his banner on my car. So I was interested to see what I could get. He was asking about my future plans and I told him I was interested in getting a turbo kit. He asked how much I had saved up and I told him $1500. He said well let me make a few calls and see if I can get you a kit for $1500. In my mind I was thinking good luck and didn't think anything of it. Well shortly there after hecalled me and said good news, I can get you a complete turbo kit for $1500. I was in disbelief. He said that a compant in NYC called EMotorsports, designed and built a proto type Turbo for a 2007 Scion tC and It was on Seibon's tC. He said that Seibon built the car for Sema and has never been driven other than the tuning process. The only downfall is that the way the kit is set up, the downpipe will not fit with the factory body and that the front bumper would have to be changed. However on Seibon's tC there is a proto type body kit that they would give me for $350 all four pieces. So the turbo kit and complete body kit for $1800?! That is the totol cost btw way cause remember the installs are free. I was originally planning on using that $1500 to buy rims and tires, but now he really has got me thinking. Originally I wanted to go with the Dezod kit but that is seriously a lot more expensive. So if I could save several thousand dollars and get this kit which is practically brand new, I might be better off. Remember that these are both proto types and there would be no other tC that has these parts. I like this idea because of originality, But what are your honest opinions? What would you do if you were me?

Old 02-16-2008, 04:46 AM
Team Echo
SL Member

thats a big ___ intercooler...i dunno man how much reaserch have you done? seems kinda fishy to me but thats just my .02 centsand keep in mind you will be loosing your crash bar you might wanna re think that
Old 02-16-2008, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont see why the downpipe wouldnt fit..unless you or the person you spoke with meant the intercooler piping..

does this kit he's offering come with some sort of engine management? EMU, AEM, Hydra, etc? seems like a good deal though, but find out how complete the kit is. you will need extra money for tuning unless he plans on covering that for you as well. and its probably a good idea anyways to have extra money in the bank just in case some unexpected events occur.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Find out about tuning.
Get a contract for sponsorship!!!
Make sure it's not some ebay turbo (not kit but the actual turbo).
What about the paint for the bodykit?
Get a contract!
Get a contract!
Oh yeah, get a contract!
I'm not kidding, get a contract!

Sounds ok if you like the turbo and bodykit. I find it a little strange you say you have $1500 and he goes out and finds you a $1500 kit. Are you gonna promote his parts, work, or shop itself? Cause you will have a turbo kit and bodykit that are not made by his shop. Just make sure you get a contract.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:42 PM
SL Member

I have a contract and yes I will be promoting his shop and team. This kid apparently has a lot of connections and I am gonna meet with him today to see how legite he is. I will keep ya posted.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:43 PM
SL Member

yes he will do all the installed, tuning and paint. All I have to worry about is paying the $1800.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:55 PM
SL Member

yeah he seems like a cool guy and is legite. He took me to meet his mechanics and they new what they are talking about. He just got hooked up with fugita and greddy. He is also getting hooked up with tork so I can get the wheels I want and he got me hooked up an in dash nav unit that has an on board computer brand new for $500. But I don't feel comfortable removing my crash bar so I don't think I am gonna get the turbo kit.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

if the turbo kit is legit, you could get it and just get a different front mount IC (like the ones on the dezod and TurboToyota kits). that way, your crash bar could be retained.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Manifold looks awful familiar.