Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

I'm off to get tuned...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mustand awd 500

same dyno i made 362 on
Old 06-25-2009, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Yep Mustang Dyno, same dyno I made 244/245 on 7.5psi with exhaust leaks at the downpipe and exhaust manifold and a tune that was poop.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck at cft bro
Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

soo the difference with the mustang dyno vs dyno jet or w.e is like 40hp? and gl with the tune bro im going there to get tuned what fuel management do u have? also how is the tune drive home? its about what 45min to an hour to orlando from melbourne?
Old 06-26-2009, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

gl mang
Old 06-26-2009, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i went over and met him.. car made like 270. Said it pulled good.

guess we wait for his post

clean car
Old 06-26-2009, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

lol u couldnt wait so you went by
Old 06-26-2009, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
lol u couldnt wait so you went by

i had very very top secret reasons coming soon to go there muwahaahahah

plus i had to check the competition out
Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

haha nice, i wish tehre was a place like that local to me.... no good tuners around here that i know of
Old 06-26-2009, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ooookaaay people. The highest numbers posted were the best. Not sure exactly what boost it hit but he said it hovered just shy of 10. DONT TAKE MY NEXT WORDS OUT OF CONTEXT PLEASE! The car ride home was absolutely terrible. This is NOT Omar's fault or CFT for that matter. It is simply due to our ECU being so damn smart! The car made respectable numbers on the dyno during his tuning pulls. After leaving the dyno, the car drove like poop. It stuttered and went insanely rich at anything more than 20% throttle. When I say insanely rich, I mean <9 AFR. I have since done a few street pulls with my laptop on my old tune with zero'd out Fuel and Ignition maps result in 10.5-11.5 @ WOT and same psi as earlier on the dyno. The idle AFR is now 13-14 which is better than the 12.5 I was getting before and cruising sits near 13. It would seem to me that the ECU is doing all the work here. I've got the UEGO streaming to the laptop and was watching the cells, everything ran perfect. I bought a vacuum block while I was there. Will be putting that in tomorrow so I will be able to use my boost gauge again (don't ask). To answer the other questions, yes they are those tail-lights but I have special plans for them. The RS3 tails are for sale in classifieds. The drive back to Melbourne is an hour with NO traffic. Any moderate traffic adds another half an hour. I know that these guys know their stuff but I don't think the F/IC is the right tuning tool for this car at all. Just as Omar said, the AEM EMS is the best way to go if you want solid reliable numbers. If the ECU is still in the mix, it is the boss. If you try to tell it what to do, it smacks you silly and calls you Sally.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by curtislo9
I see 266 HP on the screen, with 244.4 TQ
That was on the tune that came with kit with absolutely no Fuel or Timing adjustments. Basically the first pull before bringing the boost up another 1.5 psi. My boost guesstimates were based off of a gauge, not PSIA. Actual boost on those numbers was 8 psi.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
274 and 252 is what I see
And these are the numbers after the boost increase AND Omar's tune. He has a new found hate for the F/IC and I see his point. An AEM lead tech called him during the tune process after he was wondering why all these odd problems were happening. AEM has no clue and isn't offering any help to him If I want to hit the 300 whp mark on a mustang dyno, I'll have to go full EMS. Before that, I need to square away a new clutch, motor mounts, and head studs. More money....
Old 06-26-2009, 10:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

hmmm now got me wondering if i wanan go 2 cft......
Old 06-26-2009, 11:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Im running the FIC with the ptuning kit and it run pretty damn smoothly on my car all my afrs seem right on track . IMO sounds like your tuner just cant work with the FIC very well. Oh well nice numbers regardless and good luck getting to 300 :D
Old 06-26-2009, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mospeedtc
Im running the FIC with the ptuning kit and it run pretty damn smoothly on my car all my afrs seem right on track . IMO sounds like your tuner just cant work with the FIC very well. Oh well nice numbers regardless and good luck getting to 300 :D
You are an '05 though, we have different ECU's.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont have any issues with the F/IC on my RS4...
Old 06-26-2009, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The FIC works great with the tune I'm using that came with the kit. Just runs a little on the rich side when not at WOT. 13-14 idle and around 13 cruising.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
hmmm now got me wondering if i wanan go 2 cft......
ElevationTC has a custom turbo set-up with AEM EMS tuned by the same tuner and ran a 12.4 recently on a stock block @ 14 psi. They definitely know what they are doing but our intelligent ECU's and a limited piggy-back takes a while to balance out because the ECU is constantly making more adjustments.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
Ooookaaay people. The highest numbers posted were the best. Not sure exactly what boost it hit but he said it hovered just shy of 10. DONT TAKE MY NEXT WORDS OUT OF CONTEXT PLEASE! The car ride home was absolutely terrible. This is NOT Omar's fault or CFT for that matter. It is simply due to our ECU being so damn smart! The car made respectable numbers on the dyno during his tuning pulls. After leaving the dyno, the car drove like poop. It stuttered and went insanely rich at anything more than 20% throttle. When I say insanely rich, I mean <9 AFR. I have since done a few street pulls with my laptop on my old tune with zero'd out Fuel and Ignition maps result in 10.5-11.5 @ WOT and same psi as earlier on the dyno. The idle AFR is now 13-14 which is better than the 12.5 I was getting before and cruising sits near 13. It would seem to me that the ECU is doing all the work here. I've got the UEGO streaming to the laptop and was watching the cells, everything ran perfect. I bought a vacuum block while I was there. Will be putting that in tomorrow so I will be able to use my boost gauge again (don't ask). To answer the other questions, yes they are those tail-lights but I have special plans for them. The RS3 tails are for sale in classifieds. The drive back to Melbourne is an hour with NO traffic. Any moderate traffic adds another half an hour. I know that these guys know their stuff but I don't think the F/IC is the right tuning tool for this car at all. Just as Omar said, the AEM EMS is the best way to go if you want solid reliable numbers. If the ECU is still in the mix, it is the boss. If you try to tell it what to do, it smacks you silly and calls you Sally.

So does the Hydra. That's why they are called Standalones and set you back $2g's.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
Originally Posted by paul_dezod
274 and 252 is what I see
And these are the numbers after the boost increase AND Omar's tune. He has a new found hate for the F/IC and I see his point. An AEM lead tech called him during the tune process after he was wondering why all these odd problems were happening. AEM has no clue and isn't offering any help to him If I want to hit the 300 whp mark on a mustang dyno, I'll have to go full EMS. Before that, I need to square away a new clutch, motor mounts, and head studs. More money....

Not true, just so you know. PTuning's tC makes 504whp on a Dyno Dynamics on an Emanage Ultimate.

Quick Reply: I'm off to get tuned...