Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

I'm off to get tuned...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
hmmm now got me wondering if i wanan go 2 cft......
ElevationTC has a custom turbo set-up with AEM EMS tuned by the same tuner and ran a 12.4 recently on a stock block @ 14 psi. They definitely know what they are doing but our intelligent ECU's and a limited piggy-back takes a while to balance out because the ECU is constantly making more adjustments.

I think you are to quick to blame it all on the stock ECU. My boy has a GReddy Blue box on his tC and has had the same tune for 2 years (has never changed it since it was tuned), and runs 11's A/F ratio. If you don't like the 07 ECU, then switch it for the 05-06, but to be honest man, don't think it's "ECU does this so I need Standalone or it's all a lost cause".

12.1 has been done on a tC stock block @ 14psi before there was ever even a Standalone available for us....just another FYI for you.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yea bro ive seen plenty of tc's on here get tuned with the fic being an 08 and tune came on great.. omar is just giveing u an excuse why he didint get ur tune perfect.... lol how far is p-tuning !!!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Weezy when are you getting boosted? Wanna take a trip to P-tuning with me? I need to go. Right now i'm street tuned and it is working GREAT AFR's are on point but the bad part about e-tuning, FTW, is that he couldn't see my fuel trims. So I want to go to P-tuning, i'm not saying they're the only ones capable of tuning the F/IC, but they seem to have no problems and everyone I talked to that have gone to them are extremely happy. I'll have to take my girlfriend along for the ride too.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

guys try to understand that the fic isnt the greatest thing out but isnt a bad engine managment system at all. I also want you guys to know that it takes quit a bit of time getting used to the fic and how it works. its easy in a way to play around with but takes time to fully understand it and benefit from its features. just because someone wasnt able to tune it the first time very well doesnt in anyway make them a bad tuner, if its a new system to them then i give them credit.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
guys try to understand that the fic isnt the greatest thing out but isnt a bad engine managment system at all. I also want you guys to know that it takes quit a bit of time getting used to the fic and how it works. its easy in a way to play around with but takes time to fully understand it and benefit from its features. just because someone wasnt able to tune it the first time very well doesnt in anyway make them a bad tuner, if its a new system to them then i give them credit.
weird thing is.. Ive seen them tune the fic on the new SI's without issues! When talking to omar he said he was able to disable the o2 feedback on the hondas!

Oviously that didint work on the tc.. This was the first tc he tuned on the fic...

Im sure if you have contacted cft there already planning a fix for you!

good luck, if it were me id go standalone just because its amazing!
Old 06-27-2009, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC
Originally Posted by crush02342002
weird thing is.. Ive seen them tune the fic on the new SI's without issues! When talking to omar he said he was able to disable the o2 feedback on the hondas!

Oviously that didint work on the tc.. This was the first tc he tuned on the fic...

Im sure if you have contacted cft there already planning a fix for you!

good luck, if it were me id go standalone just because its amazing!
two different ecu's so idk...its like my tuner has tuned lots of nissans with the fic but it was tough going for him with my car. he still was able to pull it out of his hat but still its a whole different ball game than a nissan...i assume the same with cft
Old 06-27-2009, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by ecko04
Weezy when are you getting boosted? Wanna take a trip to P-tuning with me? I need to go. Right now i'm street tuned and it is working GREAT AFR's are on point but the bad part about e-tuning, FTW, is that he couldn't see my fuel trims. So I want to go to P-tuning, i'm not saying they're the only ones capable of tuning the F/IC, but they seem to have no problems and everyone I talked to that have gone to them are extremely happy. I'll have to take my girlfriend along for the ride too.
yea bro u live in ATL? my boi is gonna go with me to get tuned so we can role 3 boosted deep and i plan on installing my kit on the 14th & 15th.. were is p-tuning btw? if its not rele rele far im down to meet up and how much is there tune?
Old 06-27-2009, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

damn its in virginia? im in ft myers florida lol thats a hella drive
Old 06-27-2009, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm i hate the FIC with a passion :X

go get an ultimate and get retuned by Omar and ull make 280+ gauranteed
Old 06-27-2009, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

everyone has told me fic> greddy even paul at dezod did a test and said the fic made the tc perform better
Old 06-27-2009, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

ecko my g/f would be going 2 i can't go 2 the store without her humping my leg
Old 06-27-2009, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

if there in virginia i think its a bad idea because the elevation and humidity is different from here would throw the tune off once i drove back to florida correct?
Old 06-27-2009, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if there in virginia i think its a bad idea because the elevation and humidity is different from here would throw the tune off once i drove back to florida correct?
Most definitely.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Omar already told me to come back at my convenience to get re-tuned to make it right. We didn't have the time in the day to work out the kinks and its an hour+ drive each way. All I know at this point is, Omar hates the F/IC and AEM isn't offering any help. With the tune he put on, it put down good numbers when on the dyno but when I went WOT on the street right after, the AFR's went below 9 and it crawled. It sputtered anywhere above 20% throttle and went really rich at that point also. I can't imagine how it put down 274 and then goes into the 9's AFR immediately after that. I'm just lost at this point. I've slapped my old tune back on and it's working fine except cruising/idle AFR's are just a tad low (12-13). While I was there, I picked up a Golden Eagle vacuum block and put it in today. Came out great. ElevationTC, can you talk to Omar for me to see if we can work something out in regards to the tune? It's hard to get him on the phone with my work schedule being night-shift.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I don't live in Atlanta, I live in Auburn. P-tuning is in Manassas, near D.C. from what I was told. People drive from all over to go there, i'm sure if you told them you're from Florida, they could do some type of adjustment as to your elevation so I don't think it would be an issue.

Depending on where I am when you finish your install, in Auburn, Atlanta or Charlotte we can definitely meet up because I need to get something done to mine as well. I'm having motor mounts installed right now.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ecko04
Is there any way you could get in touch with these people so they can E-Mail me one of their tunes? It would help out a lot. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
Is there any way you could get in touch with these people so they can E-Mail me one of their tunes? It would help out a lot. Thanks.
You can get in contact with them all, CarbonXe got tuned at P-tuning in February and he says his car is perfect, no problems what so ever, no ECU re-learning, etc.

You can also PM Chris aka crush02342002, he's a masterful street tuner and supplied the tune I ran when I first installed the turbo to drive from Charlotte to Atlanta for the tune which turned out to be poop.

Then you can contact B_Real45, whom fixed the ridiculously poop tune from scratch that I had from Atlanta.

All of which were a huge help to me. You can even PM Elevation and he can look at your tune as well, he looked at mine to declare how big a piece of poop it was.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks
Old 06-27-2009, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

idk im still thinking of going to CFT if i can get there first thing in the morning the tuner can have all day on my car if needed to get it right... bcuz d.c is fing far ecko lol it takes me about 5 1/2 hours just to get 2 georgia
Old 06-27-2009, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

everyone has told me fic> greddy even paul at dezod did a test and said the fic made the tc perform better
Imma have to disagree,,,, problem is greddy has 2 units the blue and the unltimate so you have to be more specific than that,,,,

FIC better than the blue unit yes but not the ultimate,

Quick Reply: I'm off to get tuned...