Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Injectors question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Injectors question

Anybody have the dimensions of our OEM or even aftermarket injectors. I'm putting together a custom turbo setup, and my buddy has a set of spare injectors that he didn't use in his turboed tiburon. He believes they could possibly fit, but we'd like to know the dimensions of those in the tc. If someone has a set lying around, maybe you could take some measurments. Height, each different circumfence over the length of the injector, etc. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

you don't have a tC yet to put this custom turbo setup on? If you do, you should just pull them out and measure them...if not, why are u making a turbo kit without something to design it around?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG, dude, seriously! do not, i repeat DO NOT borrow injectors make for another car and use them on your tc turbo project.

i think it was 8psixa who had a turbo toyota's kit on his xa, he modified injectors from an acura tsx to fit on his xa. and well...this is what happened

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...020&highlight=

you can get a set of plug and play injectors for 340 from dezod

http://www.dezod.com/pd_deatsch.cfm

otherwise your tc might become extra crispy.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
OMG, dude, seriously! do not, i repeat DO NOT borrow injectors make for another car and use them on your tc turbo project.

i think it was 8psixa who had a turbo toyota's kit on his xa, he modified injectors from an acura tsx to fit on his xa. and well...this is what happened

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...020&highlight=

you can get a set of plug and play injectors for 340 from dezod

http://www.dezod.com/pd_deatsch.cfm

otherwise your tc might become extra crispy.
yo...that was one out of hundreds of examples. People have been using different injectors from diff manufacturers for years now. 8psixA just happened to not have the injector seated correctly and it caused big problems for him. So dont go around misleading people...are you even turbo'd??
Old 08-09-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, i'm not turbo'ed, but seriously, why risk your whole ride on modified injectors or injectors from another car when you can by a great set of plug and play injectors made to fit perfectly in our cars.

if you have a car that doesn't have alot of aftermarket support, you have to improvise and modify parts to make them fit and work.

but when you have a scion tc, there are lots of quality off the shelf made to fit like a glove parts.

and your boosted, you should be familiar with the phrase, don't boost on a budget. so why cheap out on injectors?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

no, i'm not turbo'ed, but seriously, why risk your whole ride on modified injectors or injectors from another car when you can by a great set of plug and play injectors made to fit perfectly in our cars.

if you have a car that doesn't have alot of aftermarket support, you have to improvise and modify parts to make them fit and work.

but when you have a scion tc, there are lots of quality off the shelf made to fit like a glove parts.

and your boosted, you should be familiar with the phrase, don't boost on a budget. so why cheap out on injectors?
I think your missing the point...take the tC for example, Toyota doesnt make the injectors for the car, they are made by Denso, which in turn make injectors and other parts for other vehicle manufacturers, and therefore could be the exact same injector body which could be used on other vehicles. Your right, aftermarket support is fairly decent for the tC, but why spend extra money on something like RC injectors when you can get something for a lot less and have OEM quality?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, i'm pretty sure those acura tsx injectors were oem quality, but that didn't work out very well.

either spend money on getting the right injectors, or spend a couple thousand on a new car when it catches on fire. i'd gladly spend 340 on some rc injectors, then take a free set that take some convinving to make them fit.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well, i'm pretty sure those acura tsx injectors were oem quality, but that didn't work out very well.

either spend money on getting the right injectors, or spend a couple thousand on a new car when it catches on fire. i'd gladly spend 340 on some rc injectors, then take a free set that take some convinving to make them fit.
rc injectors need splicing, so in essence you are damaging your harness. I know of Ford injectors that drop right in without any fab work. Getting injectors from a contour is a lot cheaper than RC injectors and then the clips to get them to work. I believe the problem with the TSX injectors was due to faulty install...if i remember correctly he didnt re use the xA injector seat rings which caused the leaks. We are arguing a dead point here...im just saying injector sharing has been going on for years now and just because you have heard one bad story doesnt mean thats the case for everything...so please stop spreading around hearsay about a subject you are not to informed about
Old 08-10-2007, 02:12 AM

I have a tc, and after having spent nearly 3 grand on quality parts the injectors are the last thing I need. I am aware of all the options I have, but I just want to know if these 'free' accel 550 cc high impedence injectors will fit.